Energy mech builds (current arena level 17)

.OOSNSOO.

Question

The image attached is my current mech build right now (arena rank 17).

I actually have 5 weapons when 4 (sometimes even 3) properly ranged weapons are enough...so I am thinking of removing ultrabright and hysteria sometime later...but with what weapons? I dont valiant sniper...

I havent seen ultrabright being used at all at top levels, but will another malice beam work here? its ele damage is low and doesnt drain resistance.

I do have a grim cobra but its energy damage is lower than hysteria...and range is also 3-6 instead of 4-8...(and grim cobra weighs more but I plan to replace iron boots with lighning supporters so thats not an issue imo)

and if I remove both ultrabright and hysteria...then which weapon should I use? Are two malice beams enough?

Also one more question: is brightroar and viking hammer combo good or should I just remove both and add a lightning recoiler? energy drain is too low... 😐

another big problem is that I dont have any premium torso at all...

What should I do to improve?

Screenshot 2024-07-11 203900.png

Edited by OOSNSOO new (see edit history)

7 answers to this question

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, meth01 said:

I would recommend upgrading Naga and switching it with your current torso when it's upgraded enough, also unsure if the top weapon would provide anything very useful

9 hours ago, SettlemenT said:

Upgrade and use Naga, and try to get a Massive Shocker Feet, or use the lava feet you already have. Massive Feet are the meta currently. I can't give advices on weapons, since i don't use energy weapons / energy mechs in general.

As for the legs, yes I definitely agree that I should upgrade the massive lava feet I have (as even if I don't think of using it in an energy build I can always use it in a heat build, which is going to be my 2nd mech).

As for the torso...Well I was actually planning to switch to Naga but...it so happens that right now for me it is very difficult to farm items...I am stuck in 2v2 and 3v3 in campaign as I don't have a good 2nd heat mech...and I have never ever bought tokens neither do I plan to do so in near future....whatever source of boxes and gold is the 5 arena battles daily and the base which I don't use too much because of limited gold (I manage to keep about 200,000 if I don't spend too much)

Upgrading one legendary to mythical costs 5 legendary items...so basically to create one mythical item it would take a LOT OF TIME if I start by converting 5 epic items to legendary...

My grimreaper is mythical by the way so sadly it cannot be used as a transform material.

In this situation, should I still go for Naga or patiently wait for a premium torso like MPV, LPV, FCA or FHA? ( (I do manage to buy at least one premium box a week using tokens).

Edited by .OOSNSOO.
repeated the same message twice (see edit history)

10 hours ago, .OOSNSOO. said:

In this situation, should I still go for Naga or patiently wait for a premium torso like MPV, LPV, FCA or FHA? ( (I do manage to buy at least one premium box a week using tokens).

Getting one of the best torsos (Mpv, lpv etc.) can take you years even, unless you are so lucky to get one earlier. Naga is generally considered a good-ish torso and used by many, but Grim reaper isn't used by a lot of people and not considered to be that good (i'm not saying it's bad, but you need a lot of stuff to make it work). You can choose to wait a lot of time for a premium torso, (unless you get lucky and get it randomly one time) while still using grim reaper and 'wasting' little resources on it. Or you can switch to Naga and patiently upgrade it, while still waiting till you get a good torso, but 'wasting' a lot of resources on it. Your biggest problem is that you rushed with mything and wasted a lot of resources on 'bad' items. I recommend you to get Naga to level 40, even if it is a lot of grind. Sad truth is that if you don't spend real money your progress, it is going to be a lot slower and will have to grind more than ones who spend. I'm not saying that the game isn't enjoyable as a F2P, because it is.  I myself are a F2P too, and i grinded and grinding a lot to get a good mech and good progress while also enjoying the game. Also DO NOT buy premium boxes or packs! As a F2P tokens are really hard to get and you have to spend them wisely. Save for offers! You can check this thread to have an idea of good/bad offers: Exclusive Limited Time Offer

10 hours ago, .OOSNSOO. said:

As for the torso...Well I was actually planning to switch to Naga but...it so happens that right now for me it is very difficult to farm items...I am stuck in 2v2 and 3v3 in campaign as I don't have a good 2nd heat mech...and I have never ever bought tokens neither do I plan to do so in near future....whatever source of boxes and gold is the 5 arena battles daily and the base which I don't use too much because of limited gold (I manage to keep about 200,000 if I don't spend too much)

Do not worry about 2v2 and 3v3 campaign! Focus on 1v1 for now. Until your first mech isn't strong enough for basic needs, there is no point on focusing on second or third mech. You can farm fortune boxes at OD8, and farm a lot of gold & xp on OD6. Using base to craft common items is worth it for upgrading stuff. There are a lot of threads about how to farm gold and items effectively, i suggest you check them out.

13 hours ago, SettlemenT said:

Getting one of the best torsos (Mpv, lpv etc.) can take you years even, unless you are so lucky to get one earlier. Naga is generally considered a good-ish torso and used by many, but Grim reaper isn't used by a lot of people and not considered to be that good (i'm not saying it's bad, but you need a lot of stuff to make it work). You can choose to wait a lot of time for a premium torso, (unless you get lucky and get it randomly one time) while still using grim reaper and 'wasting' little resources on it. Or you can switch to Naga and patiently upgrade it, while still waiting till you get a good torso, but 'wasting' a lot of resources on it. Your biggest problem is that you rushed with mything and wasted a lot of resources on 'bad' items. I recommend you to get Naga to level 40, even if it is a lot of grind. Sad truth is that if you don't spend real money your progress, it is going to be a lot slower and will have to grind more than ones who spend. I'm not saying that the game isn't enjoyable as a F2P, because it is.  I myself are a F2P too, and i grinded and grinding a lot to get a good mech and good progress while also enjoying the game. Also DO NOT buy premium boxes or packs! As a F2P tokens are really hard to get and you have to spend them wisely. Save for offers! You can check this thread to have an idea of good/bad offers: Exclusive Limited Time Offer

Do not worry about 2v2 and 3v3 campaign! Focus on 1v1 for now. Until your first mech isn't strong enough for basic needs, there is no point on focusing on second or third mech. You can farm fortune boxes at OD8, and farm a lot of gold & xp on OD6. Using base to craft common items is worth it for upgrading stuff. There are a lot of threads about how to farm gold and items effectively, i suggest you check them out.

Thank you for giving your precious time to reply in such a clear and detailed fashion.

I agree with you completely...and so I'm going to upgrade Naga slowly till legendary level 40...and if I still don't get a premium torso (from those 1 in 14 free fortune boxes and 1 in 12 fortune boxes in arena fights)...will eventually upgrade it to mythical...though its not going to be my next item that I want to myth of course, but definitely afterwards.

I do agree that I will have to stop using hysteria or ultrabright or both sometime in the future (even if its distant)...and even if I switch to naga it just weighs 6 extra kilos which means -90 but Naga offers 290 more hp when maxed out...so 200 extra hp for just 6 extra weight....And I also do have some premium modules of energy and heat so that's not a problem (450+ energy is enough at my level if I manage to get 200+ or maybe 250+ regen).

So all I have to do is just patiently play 5 (or more if I get in the mood) arena matches and the raid daily...upgrade with whatever boxes I get and whatever common items I can produce in the base...not buy any premium boxes...and keep upgrading everything I think I require...

By the way, just saying, I have almost completed 1v1 campaign (just that last OD8 insane mode left) my 2nd and 3rd mechs are not that bad...all of the torsos, legs and weapon (except two top weapons of 3rd mech) are at legendary level....and I used to play 2v2 in arena (I was arena level 12-13 four years ago but had left playing it back then...I just came back to check in my account and play a bit during free time if I manage to get...and was unpleasantly surprised to see that competition had increased a lot...so much so that I dropped back to level 17... 🙂 )

Once again thanks for the reply.

14 hours ago, SettlemenT said:

Getting one of the best torsos (Mpv, lpv etc.) can take you years even, unless you are so lucky to get one earlier

And 1000 thanks for this statement...it just released all the pressure that shouldn't have even existed in the first place.

On 7/12/2024 at 9:45 AM, .OOSNSOO. said:

As for the legs, yes I definitely agree that I should upgrade the massive lava feet I have (as even if I don't think of using it in an energy build I can always use it in a heat build, which is going to be my 2nd mech).

Upgrading one legendary to mythical costs 5 legendary items...so basically to create one mythical item it would take a LOT OF TIME if I start by converting 5 epic items to legendary...

My grimreaper is mythical by the way so sadly it cannot be used as a transform material.

dont buy premium boxes, just save tokens for 2k+ offers or if you really need items and feeling lucky buy a 1k token offer if you want. premium boxes are just a waste of tokens 

5 hours ago, .OOSNSOO. said:

Once again thanks for the reply.

No problem. By the way, sorry about the bad formality. My laptop's enter key and many others aren't working. I can ctrl c ctrl v the keys into text, but i can't do anything about enter.