Which is better? Face Shocker or Heat Point?

Blue Delta

Question

7 answers to this question

It's depend what if type of mech you use (if is energy use fackshocker but if is explosive use heatpoint )

but globaly faceshocker look better than heatpoint, it was lightest and have pratically 2 time better stats for energy drain than heat damage of heat point .

Otherwise like what i said before is depend what is your type of your mech .

1 hour ago, stop nerfing drop rates. said:

face shocker is sh!t.

Absoluty not with energy build concentrating on damage like this .

Edit : i remove the build because it might not be so good aftr all but i can tell you that the face shocker is not bad, he's just more damage oriented .

Edited by Electro (see edit history)

1 hour ago, stop nerfing drop rates. said:

sheeps are downvoting... funny.

face shocker will be disabled after three uses and you will lose a turn to enable it again. it can make you easily lose against boilers or even a dual corrupt light mech.

The limited use may seem very handicapping but not that much, in build contening some weapons with very limited uses like party crasher, evac spark or bunker shell for example. With some special build it may not finish the opponent while we are used all of uses of weapons, that's why we use the faceshocker to use ist uses in excess for more damage and a fairly light weight for a energy drone .

Anyway.  Returning to the question actually asked by the OP, the answer is of course that that if what you have to choose between is a Face Shocker and a Heat Point, you go Face Shocker if your build is an energy build,  and Heat Point if it's a heat build.  If it's a physical build, you should go with whichever does more damage until you get a Tonto or something like that (I'm assuming you're fairly new and haven't built much inventory yet).  

But IMHO there are plenty of better drones out there - I just don't like the limited uses thing with a drone, unless it gives so much more of everything that the limited use s feature is outweighed - and neither of those drones does, for me.  

4 hours ago, stop nerfing drop rates. said:

face shocker will be disabled after three uses and you will lose a turn to enable it again.

lets stick to the topic here. both drones in question have limited uses. 

10 hours ago, Blue Delta said:

I have a Legendary, Power Level: 40, 112-145 Elemental Damage Face Shocker, but I got an Epic, 51-64 Explosive Damage Heat Point and don't know whether to upgrade it and replace my Face Shocker with it or just stick with my Face Shocker.

here's the thing. there are obviously better drones to use, but since you asked about these two specific drones..... lets stick to these two drones. 

if you build energy, use face shocker because energy dmg. if you build heat/explosive, use heatpoint because heat dmg. 

another thing you should know is that there isn't really a "dmg" build type for energy, not like heat. so naturally, all energy parts will be based on draining, or regen, or sometimes, dmg and res (but that's pretty rare and limited)

for heat tho, you can have either boiler (as in corrupt light, savagery and stuff) or dmg (dawnblaze, supreme cannon, or other rocket launchers). boiler also goes into pure boiling or cooling drain. 

imo, heatpoint is good specifically for dmg builds. heat gain stats are obviously less than energy drains because it does dmg. 

NOTE: don't compare with Swoop. otherwise, all heat drones are trash. (which they are, but then again, Swoop is premium)

Edited by AftoKrator (see edit history)

Discord: Aftokrator#9688

DeviantArt: Azorsia05 User Profile | DeviantArt