Continue the Story

Tirreggregars

Is he a crim?

I have story

Ah, it seems that you have met your end. Ah, what a pity. You know I, I donā€™t feel too bad about it though, after all if it werenā€™t me, it wouldā€™ve just been one of the others I guessā€¦ Iā€™m honestly just glad to be out of those air ducts. You know itā€™sā€¦ itā€™s not easy for a hippopotamus to fit up thereā€¦ andā€¦ not easy to get down either. Iā€™m not as young as I used to be as you can see, I used to be able to do all sorts of things, youā€™re young, youā€™re vibrant, you have that sort of pep in your step. Ah, it reminds me of a conversation I was having with one of my good friends Orville. We were having a nice picnic one day. I believe it was summer? Oh, perhaps it wasā€¦ was it the fall? Yes, yes, it was the fall because the leaves had turned already. But I said to Orville, I- I says, ā€œOrville, I have a story to tell you.ā€ And Orville looked at me, you know, kind of odd and- and said, ā€œWell whatā€™s it about?ā€ I- I said to him, ā€œNot every story has to be about something Orville. Sometimes a person just wants to talk, why does it have to be a story?ā€ I said to him. He just looked at me and he said, ā€œWell y-y-you said you had a story.ā€ You know, he was quite right, I did in fact. I told him I had a story. I suppose if a person just wants to talk, itā€™s best to not announce that youā€™re tellinā€™ a story. Tellinā€™ a story does come with its own pressures and expectations I- I suppose. After all, if youā€™re just talking to a friend then, thereā€™s no more expectations then if you were talking into the wind. Wordsā€¦ by themselves are not expected to carryā€¦ arenā€™t expected to stick. But if, you know if you announce that youā€™re tellinā€™ a story well thenā€¦ there better be a point to it all. No one wants to sit and listen to someone ramble on and on and on with absolutely no end in sight. So, you know, itā€™s- itā€™s good to be mindful that when you tell someone that youā€™re about to tell a story, that you have something to say. Tellinā€™ someone that youā€™re gonna tell a story is tantamount to asking them to stop what theyā€™re doing, and pay attention. Youā€™re basically saying ā€œhey, hey, hey buddy, stop everything, stop what youā€™re thinking, I have a solution to everything.ā€ And well, I didnā€™t really have any story to tell. In- in hindsight I probably just misspoke when I said that I had a story. I think it wouldā€™ve just been better to tell Orville that I had something to tell him rather than tell him that I had a story, but you know e- even then it mightā€™ve put too much importance on the whole thing. Either way it was quite a nice day. I remember, I remember that we were drinking tea.