Any post's on noobie mech builds?

RavenCo

Question

17 answers to this question

The best is to choose what type of builds to start with. Mixed is not so good, yet that is what many have to start with. Open boxes little by little to know what you can make.

Here at this site, you can mess around with builds. The best weapons

https://workshop-unlimited.vercel.app/#/workshop

Go hear to see if this helps.

Right now you have Dawnblaze, night eagle, and hot flash as some good weapons.  Down the line though, you want to build specific types of builds. Three types are physical, heat, and energy. Mixed build are for new accounts.

My new acct, was mixed build. Now it's physical.

Thank you for responding to me 😊 I think I will focus on a energy build or physical but for now I'll pick energy. Should I keep any weapons, torso, and legs that are physical or heat seen as I'm going to focus on energy for now?

Thank you again and am looking forward to your response.

14 minutes ago, RavenCo said:

Thank you for responding to me 😊 I think I will focus on a energy build or physical but for now I'll pick energy. Should I keep any weapons, torso, and legs that are physical or heat seen as I'm going to focus on energy for now?

Thank you again and am looking forward to your response.

keep the dawnblaze since you might need it in the future, u should also keep a hot flash because its a good energy weapon that goes to like rank 10 if i remember correctly

Just now, backagain said:

keep the dawnblaze since you might need it in the future, u should also keep a hot flash because its a good energy weapon that goes to like rank 10 if i remember correctly

Thank you very much! I just got this weapon should I keep it?

Screenshot_20240810-203542.png

No... That is trash... Weapons and items that don't reach mythical, are trashed items... You can use any weapon, in the beginning, to help with campaign, pvp, raid, and titan. When you receive weapons from boxes that go mythical, that is when you start building your mech little by little. My first beginner build was trash. Then, over times little by little I gained weapons to build my physical mech. Still working on it though. I'm also working on my 2nd. You don't need to rush, to get to higher rank. It gets harder when you reach rank 15, in pvp if you don't have a good 2nd mech. I'm in no rush. My 3rd acct still in rank 16, after about four months.

Edited by JamAnime (see edit history)

6 hours ago, backagain said:

Yes, keep the weapons that go to mythic and divine

Devine is the white section? 

Thanks!

Here is my mech. How would you both build it? What is the best mech build physical, energy or heat?

Thank you all again for responding to me!

Screenshot_20240811-082257.png

Screenshot_20240811-082302.png

Screenshot_20240811-082306.png

Screenshot_20240811-082311.png

Screenshot_20240811-082326.png

Here is an update of my progress. I transformed my sith torso to epic (purple stage). How is the physical mech? I also saved the nightmare torso and a heat shield. should I keep doing this or use all the other stuff to upgrade my first mech?

Thanks!

Screenshot_20240811-095518.png

Screenshot_20240811-095528.png

Screenshot_20240811-095534.png

Screenshot_20240811-095552.png

Upgrade and use the Nightmare on your first (strongest) mech. It is better than Sith and the physical version of it (i forgot it's name). Believe it or not, Nightmare is actually a really good torso if upgraded, even if it's rarity starts at common.

3 hours ago, RavenCo said:

Devine is the white section?

Yes. Gray - common, Blue - rare, Purple - epic, Yellow - legendary, Orange - mythical, White - divine.

What is the best mech build physical, energy or heat?

All of them are good. There isn't really a best one. In top ranks physical and heat are used mostly. Physical mechs deal highest dmg overall and usually have high hp too. Heat mechs can overheat and shutdown opponents making them skip their next turn, while energy mechs can drain all of opponents energy so they won't be able to use their weapons (unless it's energy free). Oh and they also deal extra damage if opponent has energy drained. It is up to you which mech you want to build.

should I keep doing this or use all the other stuff to upgrade my first mech?

You don't really need to focus on the second mech before arena rank 15 (that is where 2v2 fights unlock). Unless you wanna do 2v2 campaign, there isn't much reason to rush a decent second mech. Focus to make your first mech as strong as possible before focusing on second mech.

Oh man thank you for all of this! I think I will go after heat or physical for my first mech. Is the physical version of the sith and nightmare good torso?

Thanks again a lot!

the physical version of nightmare is the worst, don't ever upgrade it

2 hours ago, backagain said:

the physical version of nightmare is the worst, don't ever upgrade it

Oh ok thanks for warning me.

Should I stick with the flame battery armor torso or switch over to the nightmare torso. I have transformed the flame battery armor torso to a high rank and then just got the nightmare torso. Should I move to the nightmare torso even though it is starting over from the beginning if I do?

Take a look:

Screenshot_20240812-202438.png

Screenshot_20240812-202444.png

On 8/12/2024 at 8:00 AM, RavenCo said:

Should I stick with the flame battery armor torso or switch over to the nightmare torso. I have transformed the flame battery armor torso to a high rank and then just got the nightmare torso. Should I move to the nightmare torso even though it is starting over from the beginning if I do?

Flame battery armor and generally battery armors have the highest energy and heat capacity out of all the torsos in the game. And at the same time they also have the lowest energy regen and cooling (if we don't count EFA) in the game. I'm not saying they are bad, since you can make battery armor good with the right build, but battery armors are not really used in arena mainly because it has such poor regen and cooling while having just ~100 more capacity than an average torso. That is not worth to use. image.png.7037e837f0afadefc6c953bf8530a7ed.pngimage.png.ae874c1e054b7dc1995e096d3a63b30e.png

So, yes. Upgrade and use Nightmare. It'll be better in the long run. Battery armor are only worth using (temporarily) if you have bad modules. Do not get rid of FBA tho as it might be useful in certain campaign missions.

5 hours ago, SettlemenT said:

Flame battery armor and generally battery armors have the highest energy and heat capacity out of all the torsos in the game. And at the same time they also have the lowest energy regen and cooling (if we don't count EFA) in the game. I'm not saying they are bad, since you can make battery armor good with the right build, but battery armors are not really used in arena mainly because it has such poor regen and cooling while having just ~100 more capacity than an average torso. That is not worth to use. image.png.7037e837f0afadefc6c953bf8530a7ed.pngimage.png.ae874c1e054b7dc1995e096d3a63b30e.png

So, yes. Upgrade and use Nightmare. It'll be better in the long run. Battery armor are only worth using (temporarily) if you have bad modules. Do not get rid of FBA tho as it might be useful in certain campaign missions.

Awesome, thank you for all this! I will just use my battery armor to upgrade my nightmare torso. Is the sith better then the energy battery armor torso?

By the way what does FBA mean?

4 hours ago, RavenCo said:

Is the sith better then the energy battery armor torso?

Yes and no. Same thing applies to what i said about FBA and Nightmare. I'm guessing you want an energy torso for an energy mech is why you are asking this. Unlike Nightmare, Sith isn't that optimal to use. I'd say go for the battery armor, but don't put too much effort into upgrading it. If you have not that good modules, then the battery armor helps in that for some time. Be on the lookout for a Naga torso. It is considered to be a good energy torso and it is used by a lot of people. It starts in epic rarity so it might be a little difficult to get. Here is a picture of it maxed. You can see that it has nice stats (and also looks cool).image.png.b9565db3a74404843760954de80b8cb4.png

Oh and by the way if you want to experiment with items and builds, you should check out the SM workshop: https://workshop-unlimited.vercel.app/#/workshop