Questions about arena rank 15 and forward

SettlemenT

Question

I stay in arena rank 17-16, because i don't think my mech is ready for higher ranks at the moment. I could go to 15 if i want to, but i feel like i'm gonna regret it. I figured the rank rewards mark a checkpoint (example if you once reach rank 20 and then even if you lose every match you can't go beyond that rank no matter what anymore), so after i step into rank 15 there is no going back. I have seen mechs much 'weaker' than mine go r15 and forward with no problem, so that made me realise that the game puts your opponents based on your mech, instead of the rank. I always fight against mechs i have no chance to win against (mostly physic), or ones i can easily defeat (mostly energy), plus the middle section which i can/can't defeat. That made me guess that if i go to r15 it'll probably be the same as now, just with more mechs i got no chance against and less ones i can defeat. The important thing is just to be able to win the 5 daily matches.                                     Am i going to be fine with this mech? image.thumb.png.e738e8554d28a9a00a323a84cd4f2734.pngimage.png.ff699ce1680b48c21ebd8ad3bb9fcdbf.pngimage.png.a6525818a6e0f81911ca23a03593c0cb.pngimage.png.a9c1baab147276e46ecf369af973b482.pngimage.png.7d4cbf4e2a68d8bee14e9e04e2917d80.png The reason i don't use a pys shield instead of the exp one is because when i meet a pys mech, 90% of the time they'll have so high dmg weapons that the shield will be worth nothing and i would die anyway. The exp one actually helps beat heat mechs i have a chance against.

7 answers to this question

your mech is very decent and looks fun, except the drone part, farm for fortune boxes and try getting drones such as Nemo, Backstabbing Protector or Firefly, and transform your legendary items to mythical in the process.

Hammer won't serve many purpose but it seems like you want to make good use of Red Rain so you can keep it, i would replace Corrupt Light with Dawnblaze or Flaminator, when transforming legendary items be sure to priorotize mods or Abomination, it is a really nice side weapon

4 minutes ago, meth01 said:

your mech is very decent and looks fun, except the drone part, farm for fortune boxes and try getting drones such as Nemo, Backstabbing Protector or Firefly, and transform your legendary items to mythical in the process.

Hammer won't serve many purpose but it seems like you want to make good use of Red Rain so you can keep it, i would replace Corrupt Light with Dawnblaze or Flaminator, when transforming legendary items be sure to priorotize mods or Abomination, it is a really nice side weapon

I only use Squinch because i didn't have too much extra weight for a drone, and Squinch is pretty light with that 22kg. I have Backstabbing protector and Heatpoint, but i did not use them because of weight problem. Otherwise i'm praying to get the amazing Swoop. I thought about replacing Corrupt light with Flaminator (i don't have Dawnblaze), but my only concern was when i fight against energy mechs it's gonna hurt me when i use it, since it uses good amount of energy. I'm still gonna swap it out soon tho. I dunno about which module do i myth first. I think my biggest problem (not counting that having no pys shield) is the small heat capacity/energy regen.

As the mech progress, the game will compensate.  For some players like in my case, the game was nasty giving me players always in the 200-400 HP over with the worse weapons like Frantic killing me. 

The game has the tendency to look at your weakness and often will keep you hostage for long. 

As I keep moving up, the game keep doing the same more and more. If I was 1600, the game was giving me 2000. When I moved to 2000 then was 2400-2500 then moved to 2500 then 2800-3000 then when moved to 2800 love the 3200-3400. 🤬 The game compensates not only in the HP related to torso and leg, but the game also compensates according to modules and weapons levels. I have test that for over 4 years. There are some points I actually can predict what will be against me. 🫠

14 minutes ago, hsu22508 said:

Well actually almost smurf player are using auto clicks so u can just go out of opponents weapons range, they will AFK until u win

(don't ask me why i know it)

I'll try this. Thanks!