Mech improvements/suggetions (level 56 player)

t3nb

Question

Hey I'm quite new to the game, and I'm still stuck on progress atm. Even till this point I'm not sure whether I should go energy or heat mechs or even physical. But I have a lot of heat weapons that I'm not sure that are good. But I heard that energy builds are better for early stage players. Can anyone give me suggestions and builds for my current weapons or things I should go for and upgrade in the future. 

Below are the things I have and builds currently. It's very messy and I heard that focusing on one mech is better. any suggestions and feedback will help. 

Screenshot 2024-06-02 at 5.05.23 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-02 at 5.05.32 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-02 at 5.05.38 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-02 at 5.05.48 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-02 at 5.06.05 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-02 at 5.06.22 PM.png

hopefully I'm not a lost cause yet😭

21 answers to this question

1 hour ago, t3nb said:

Hey I'm quite new to the game, and I'm still stuck on progress atm. Even till this point I'm not sure whether I should go energy or heat mechs or even physical. But I have a lot of heat weapons that I'm not sure that are good. But I heard that energy builds are better for early stage players. Can anyone give me suggestions and builds for my current weapons or things I should go for and upgrade in the future. 

Below are the things I have and builds currently. It's very messy and I heard that focusing on one mech is better. any suggestions and feedback will help. 

Screenshot 2024-06-02 at 5.05.23 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-02 at 5.05.32 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-02 at 5.05.38 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-02 at 5.05.48 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-02 at 5.06.05 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-02 at 5.06.22 PM.png

hopefully I'm not a lost cause yet😭

a desperate sacrificer

and an average f2p drainer

thesewould help idk

max the windigo do not use nightmare for now cuz u don't have nice modules ever

Screenshot_20240602_141258.jpg

Screenshot_20240602_141505.jpg

The sinners don’t rest and the cursed don’t sleep

damn thank you, is the face shocker better for the energy than my current legendary energy?

and

which build should I go for first? the energy or heat for progression?

does the nightmare need good modules to be viable? 

also thanks for your input stormrider. Ill try these out 

8 minutes ago, t3nb said:

damn thank you, is the face shocker better for the energy than my current legendary energy?

and

which build should I go for first? the energy or heat for progression?

does the nightmare need good modules to be viable? 

also thanks for your input stormrider. Ill try these out 

electrolyte is better than face shocker sry

but still it's heavily restricted to ranges as it's 2-4(imagine scope lovers) 

For overall energy drone the backfire one is better but I don't see you have one. 

On talking heat/electric, u got a heat monkey(that looks like gorilla torso), it's very tanky and useful when u are lacking modules (heavy weight with nice stats means lesser modules needed), and the nightmare is a contrary to it which is very light but needs several advanced modules to apply for max potential. ------Upgrade heat first (Dual desolation helps you counter energy mechanics since they are energy free.) 

For now your mission is easy:stock up tokens, wait for 3k/4k token offer, try get more energy/heat engine module, and other basic weapons that start from epic

For starter on talking drones the backfire one is always the best as they deal decent damage and are no't restricted to range/turns.

Keep that nightmare, you will need it in later ranks. 

Also keep the spark runners and Viking hammer they may be useful someday (who knows lmao) 

Thank you for your input here is what I got:

Start with building up the heat mech with dual desolation

Upgrade a backfire drone (heat).

Stock up on tokens for larger deals.

Try get better modules and such. 

Thanks for the tips!

8 hours ago, Stormrider said:

electrolyte is better than face shocker sry

but still it's heavily restricted to ranges as it's 2-4(imagine scope lovers) 

For overall energy drone the backfire one is better but I don't see you have one. 

On talking heat/electric, u got a heat monkey(that looks like gorilla torso), it's very tanky and useful when u are lacking modules (heavy weight with nice stats means lesser modules needed), and the nightmare is a contrary to it which is very light but needs several advanced modules to apply for max potential. ------Upgrade heat first (Dual desolation helps you counter energy mechanics since they are energy free.) 

For now your mission is easy:stock up tokens, wait for 3k/4k token offer, try get more energy/heat engine module, and other basic weapons that start from epic

For starter on talking drones the backfire one is always the best as they deal decent damage and are no't restricted to range/turns.

Keep that nightmare, you will need it in later ranks. 

Also keep the spark runners and Viking hammer they may be useful someday (who knows lmao) 

nice

that depend on your module arsenal etc. Depending on what do you have, it will be good or not suitable. You need to think about the stats of the part and how will work out.

This is Windigo divined. 

image.thumb.png.0224de57a967a2ef7360db7d98dab230.png

This is LPV Divined

image.png.5d51c05f210feee293334725dcf1d2ff.png

Normally, Windigo it is a torso that can function as best for physical and heat combinations. LPV does work better for energy mechs or to offset lack of energy modules.

1-Windigo weight is 345 and LPV is 346 almost identical. 

2- Windigo HP is 1209 and LVP 1238 a bit different but close enough for a full developed account. 

3- Windigo energy/ heat cap adds are 225/310 and LVP 282/207. As you see, windigo have more heat coverage and LVP more energy coverage. 

4- Windigo regen/cooling 72/112 and LVP 96/64 making windigo better to cooldown and LVP to recover energy. 

5- Windigo resistance is more directed to have more phys shield harder to be killed by phys mechs then energy and then heat 30/22/16. In the case of LVP it is even harder to be kill by phys mechs then heat and then energy 55/22/16. 

Those numbers are with a full developed account and divined parts. 

Let see just a basic set so you can see differences. Using a Matrix with the 3 shields elements and modules. Windigo regen/energy base is lower at caps and shields are not that super but ok to play with. image.thumb.png.f8fbf1d9e49213d44a8e2d32110bec28.png

With LVP youe energy cap went up and regen too but lower in heat coverage and resistances a bit better

image.thumb.png.8d4abdd9d3b9f80e457e93dfa380ce79.png

You need to think how to make the configuration work for you as single mech but maybe a bit different when play with 2 mechs in 2v2 as combo mechs supporting each other in the fight. 

Just evaluate according to what will be best for now related to modules support. 

3 minutes ago, t3nb said:

Wow thank you for your detailed answer. It definitely puts building into a new perspective. 

no problem. Also, you need to think properly also in the use of the weapon as combo. Sure, when the account is new, it is all a mess because can't really combo much. analyze. keep asking questions whatever you do not understand or not sure but ensure to try things. 

Hey Oki Doki, I noticed that with campaign its really easy to energy break the bots so they can't use their weapon but it is much harder for me to overheat the opponents in campaign. Do I continue to upgrade my heat mech as my first one?

6 hours ago, t3nb said:

Hey stormrider. For the energy build should I still continue with windigo or the energy vest

Screenshot_20240603_122704_Super Mechs.jpg

head_exploding_emoji

nice luck with getting this

Please keep it

Still windigo better for campaign 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, t3nb said:

Hey Oki Doki, I noticed that with campaign its really easy to energy break the bots so they can't use their weapon but it is much harder for me to overheat the opponents in campaign. Do I continue to upgrade my heat mech as my first one?

it is about choice. If the energy mech it is giving you a better result in campaign, then go for it. Campaign will be your gold maker in 1V1 OD6 Insane. If energy work better, then use it. Energy mech at low rank can work too but require modules to support. 

The energy mech built by Stormrider it is a decent one. You can copy that if have the parts. It will take you to some ranks like R10+ and use then the LVP. If you use LVP then will have to cover a bit heat module. 

I decided to make this old mech I tested long ago. Look the replay. I played as dummy so you can see what side weapons and issue with drone plus the issue of the smart bomb with that energy available can do or not. 

Pay attention carefully then tell me the issues. Of course, can work some. Look the power of my opponents and check the loop of players the game set me up for the loss. Even I played as dummy, the game wanted to screw me over. Also check who started and what position at start as average. 

Remember that I have parts divined and my account is maxed in L250 plus arena shop is maxed. Your numbers will be lower.

image.png.06e596f59216c058e88ec87189055293.png

image.png.8dce3d7240e73171f878a0ca3ba9098f.png

image.png.223cf80545847b44c4fe57f654699a0e.png

image.thumb.png.8f32cd0ac4b0dd15df854fd5691f58c5.png

image.png.82e1333a03e84e7e84cae18b9fe445a6.png

image.png.9664f58a47e7fbbac56a2b1f3e79e692.pngimage.thumb.png.937fd477a099b61e8c0e78ec9611ccfe.png

image.thumb.png.409ac1214b75c6aedfb753b41fd89289.png

image.thumb.png.a7d30e87a90944b24fa44a2753c82c07.png

image.thumb.png.d9030bd165c864bb5745b37a5c8c2e16.png

CAMPAIGN 1V1 OD6  AUTOMODE 

image.thumb.png.49357030072930f6c12c1a0a5e297f7f.png

image.thumb.png.63a14d17e3f28d766dec664dfdf3f491.png

Edited by OKI DOKI (see edit history)

1 hour ago, t3nb said:

The reason why they won't get overheated is easy

What you've got(like heat buzzsaw/desolation/drone) are all focusing on dealing heat damage and breaking resistances, not overheating enemies as main purpose

Who for now you may think u can use energy break to make most enemies shut up in campaign

Here is a tip:When you start 2v2 and 3v3 campaign soon you will find electric mechanic are at disadvantage

The enemies will equip lots of 'energy-free weapons' 

like your desolation they don't need ANY energy to fire even u energy break them

Still energy is best for 1v1 campaign

4 minutes ago, OKI DOKI said:

it is about choice. If the energy mech it is giving you a better result in campaign, then go for it. Campaign will be your gold maker in 1V1 OD6 Insane. If energy work better, then use it. Energy mech at low rank can work too but require modules to support. 

The energy mech built by Stormrider it is a decent one. You can copy that if have the parts. It will take you to some ranks like R10+ and use then the LVP. If you use LVP then will have to cover a bit heat module. 

I decided to make this old mech I tested long ago. Look the replay. I played as dummy so you can see what side weapons and issue with drone plus the issue of the smart bomb with that energy available can do or not. 

Pay attention carefully then tell me the issues. Of course, can work some. Look the power of my opponents and check the loop of players the game set me up for the loss. Even I played as dummy, the game wanted to screw me over. 

image.png.9664f58a47e7fbbac56a2b1f3e79e692.pngimage.thumb.png.937fd477a099b61e8c0e78ec9611ccfe.png

Yes I want to tell that this the the best electric F2P build up can reach ever

But as I says it's F2P It can really push forward any harder post rank 10

10 minutes ago, OKI DOKI said:

Pay attention carefully then tell me the issues. Of course, can work some. Look the power of my opponents and check the loop of players the game set me up for the loss. Even I played as dummy, the game wanted to screw me over. Also check who started and what position at start as average. 

on talking sorrez (in ur replay) 

would it be better if he change mortalbullet to brightroar

9 minutes ago, Stormrider said:

The reason why they won't get overheated is easy

What you've got(like heat buzzsaw/desolation/drone) are all focusing on dealing heat damage and breaking resistances, not overheating enemies as main purpose

Who for now you may think u can use energy break to make most enemies shut up in campaign

Here is a tip:When you start 2v2 and 3v3 campaign soon you will find electric mechanic are at disadvantage

The enemies will equip lots of 'energy-free weapons' 

like your desolation they don't need ANY energy to fire even u energy break them

Still energy is best for 1v1 campaign

Yes I want to tell that this the the best electric F2P build up can reach ever

But as I says it's F2P It can really push forward any harder post rank 10

on talking sorrez (in ur replay) 

would it be better if he change mortalbullet to brightroar

and in my own opinion this cheap f2p's mail issue is about not enough energy suppression/fragile/lack motability

Here is what I got:

* 1 v 1 campaign, energy mechs are at a advantage (not sure about physical) 

* 2 v 2 and 3 v 3, more of heat mechs are at a advantage because most enemies don't use energy.(not sure about physical)

*Still use windigo for the energy mech for campaign but still keep the LVP (though if I wanted to use LPV, it needs for heat modules)

* The build that storm rider had provided energy is the best f2p option, viable in rank unto rank 10. 

Questions:

* Should I focus on all difficulties of 1 v 1 campaign or start spreading my progress across. Meaning that I should first start on building energy mechs. Or focus on heat first and get more progress in the other campaigns. (not sure if heat will be difficult for campaign or not)

* What should I upgrade next then in terms of items 

Below I have upgraded some parts but my windigo is still at epic level

* I made my monkey mythical 

* I made the protector legendary (heat)

"or" I have enough tokens to buy a 2000 deal. Which one is the best 2000 or 1000 deal?. Also should I just hold onto my power kits incase I get a good weapon that might be worth upgrading more than my current weapons. I can then show you my new items and from there get a final input on upgrading what weapons to mythical?

Ps thank you for all your help and time. Im really learning a lot as a new player. 

Screenshot 2024-06-03 at 9.49.28 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-03 at 9.49.38 PM.png

11 minutes ago, t3nb said:

Here is what I got:

* 1 v 1 campaign, energy mechs are at a advantage (not sure about physical) 

* 2 v 2 and 3 v 3, more of heat mechs are at a advantage because most enemies don't use energy.(not sure about physical)

*Still use windigo for the energy mech for campaign but still keep the LVP (though if I wanted to use LPV, it needs for heat modules)

* The build that storm rider had provided energy is the best f2p option, viable in rank unto rank 10. 

Questions:

* Should I focus on all difficulties of 1 v 1 campaign or start spreading my progress across. Meaning that I should first start on building energy mechs. Or focus on heat first and get more progress in the other campaigns. (not sure if heat will be difficult for campaign or not)

* What should I upgrade next then in terms of items 

Below I have upgraded some parts but my windigo is still at epic level

* I made my monkey mythical 

* I made the protector legendary (heat)

"or" I have enough tokens to buy a 2000 deal. Which one is the best 2000 or 1000 deal?. Also should I just hold onto my power kits incase I get a good weapon that might be worth upgrading more than my current weapons. I can then show you my new items and from there get a final input on upgrading what weapons to mythical?

Ps thank you for all your help and time. Im really learning a lot as a new player. 

Screenshot 2024-06-03 at 9.49.28 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-03 at 9.49.38 PM.png

literally 3000 token deals are best cuz they offer a guaranteed thing
everytime when an offer appears,ask here before buying!
what you should do in 1v1 campaign:Final sector(Overload's Den),needed to be completed at highest priority
Then try to beat on hard difficulty,then challenge to beat insane
The main level you should spam and farm should be :
Overload's Den 1V1 stage 6

Max the monkey first.Its HP can tank the 1v1 battle easily.
Then max the buzzsaw but dont myth it(Myth makes it need more backfire)
Then the leg and drone
For now it seems cultivaing a normal F2P energy build will cost you too much time and effort,you should do it later(1v1 campaign is rather easy)

So on looking and knowing all you situations you should:

TLDR:
Max monkey and a massive feet first
Upgrade buzzsaw and protector drone
better get some modules legendary atleast
dont rush for what i've said energy mech first,you should do that when u are capable to reach rank15+complete overload den hard diff at least
Focus on 1V1 campaign to final boss,then try harder level
Overload's Den 1V1 stage 6 is best for farming

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, t3nb said:

does the double desolation upgrades go after modules?

lol, so expensive

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 5.26.12 AM.png

it is expensive every weapon to max and require a lot of farms. 

The modules or DESO can go hand to hand. It is decision of the player what to max first. Just need to evaluate what will be best step by step. Some players love weapons max first, some wants torso or leg or drone first. 

Depending how limited the player is with overall picture, I will indicate to balance power with module support. 

People want powerful weapon attacking fast, but they are killed because no foundation and then ask what it is wrong.  

Do not rush. Balance progress and that gives more stability and steady progress. Remember, we cannot tell you what should be. It is personal desire what do you want first. Just think about the advises we provide to you, but you will do what it is best for you as you feel to go for your own fun. 

Also, focus in one mech best parts possible. Better have one strong than to have 2 weak. 

Ah, if you are going to make any of those mechs, do not make them because someone is showing you them. Go to chat or go to lower campaign and test them with current limitations and observe what the AI do in campaign with your mech and play in chat for test and no shame to lose. The idea is to see what you can do with and what the opponent will do against you. You will see the deficiency of your mech. All mechs have issues. TEST with the limitations on hand.   

Hey thanks for your input Oki Doki. What I actually realised was most of my damage was only from my mythical hammer (heat) and drone, this was due to the fact that my desolations were only epic and my buzzsaw was not used a lot. I think I can upgrade my torso to a good amount. Use the legendary rollers for now and switch it for lava feet later. (It's very hard to get food for upgrading) (and the thunder rollers are decently fine). I think I will make both of my deletions legendary and work to make out my legendary protector. then upgrade the buzz saw, max the torso, and then switch the thunder roller to lava feet. The double desolations were quite good in pvp, i kept getting energy drained but my desolations, armour break and drone helped me win the battle. 

Thank you for all your input. If it's fine, I will keep asking more questions 🙂

My drone does quite a lot of damage alongside with the hammer,  here is what I had done 

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 8.38.15 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 8.39.36 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 8.40.49 AM.png

what does more heat resistant damage? basalt dissolver or fractured basalt dissolver. Also which one is better to use?

Lol a, I think this was a troller. All myth weapons 

Got so lucky and won

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 8.53.18 AM.png

Crazy extra damage

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 8.55.46 AM.png

Posted (edited)

One of the old configurations for DESO use was with rollers. This is not the old version but seems that you want for now to use those weapons in the side. It can work a bit in that way if you are using that runner leg. 

image.thumb.png.cd8c2972facff289f7d05f686da32ad0.png

image.thumb.png.891a30a58f7237503e1ceb1e39cce0d6.png

Things to think. If you use CHARGE image.png.1dc9f0084984fb7b2605d93b8f56c839.png can help to push if need but the effect to damage maybe will be none or minimal because your weapons won't hurt physical and will be an action of just push. 

I removed the CHARGE as example to illustrate differences. Because the players will maybe jump and push you to a corner for snipe shot or others type of attack, maybe they will corner you and will be hard to scape. Using a teleport for emergency might help a bit. A repulser will help because DESO Range and players will take advantage of your blind spot at ranges 2-3. Sadly, because the game changed to resistance base, you need at least one if not then best to use dual repulser to ensure DESO attack. 

Play in clan and collect epic relics. Another thing to think, it is that the torso provides more HP but also does not possess internal resistance making the torso weak for any type of attack. Using the drone illustrated, that drone eat HP. The heat pizza cutter, eat a lot of HP and generate a lot of heat. The drone/Deso/Pizza/Drainer will help to reduce opponent resistance and the hammer will not. 

Test different ways and try what will feels nice for you for your ways of playing. Have fun. 

36 minutes ago, t3nb said:

Hey thanks for your input Oki Doki. What I actually realised was most of my damage was only from my mythical hammer (heat) and drone, this was due to the fact that my desolations were only epic and my buzzsaw was not used a lot. I think I can upgrade my torso to a good amount. Use the legendary rollers for now and switch it for lava feet later. (It's very hard to get food for upgrading) (and the thunder rollers are decently fine). I think I will make both of my deletions legendary and work to make out my legendary protector. then upgrade the buzz saw, max the torso, and then switch the thunder roller to lava feet. The double desolations were quite good in pvp, i kept getting energy drained but my desolations, armour break and drone helped me win the battle. 

Thank you for all your input. If it's fine, I will keep asking more questions 🙂

My drone does quite a lot of damage alongside with the hammer,  here is what I had done 

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 8.38.15 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 8.39.36 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 8.40.49 AM.png

what does more heat resistant damage? basalt dissolver or fractured basalt dissolver. Also which one is better to use?

Lol a, I think this was a troller. All myth weapons 

Got so lucky and won

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 8.53.18 AM.png

Crazy extra damage

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 8.55.46 AM.png

OK, cool 

I'm just at school, during the weekend ill post a progression check for u. Dw I haven't quit yet. 

Here's a progress update. 

* Leveled my torso to 40

*Made double desolation legendary and other small things. 

*Didnt use the buzzsaw a lot or I thought more hp was better for campaign and pop so I put double plates.

Screenshot 2024-06-08 at 10.53.54 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-08 at 10.54.02 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-08 at 10.54.18 AM.png