What music are you listening to?

Hoplon

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, JamAnime said:

That song just popped in my head, and was thinking "Hmm, wonder If oki knew this song."

I remember c+c factory the song group and video. I think I saw the video in my auntie house first time when video released. Was nice. It is when in reality videos started to transform with better quality and MTV declining when started to show up VH1. 

Back in the days when young, Rock music declined badly in the late 80's and music changed around. Big transformation on popular music and rock gen changes with new styles like alternative. It was sad to see the change in some ways but was normal because I felt the same back in the late 70's when 70's rock appeared with funky music then the disco and the old country music stated to transform then with the fall of disco just by the end on 1979, I remember when showed up RAP.

I do not know if you know them, but they are the real deal that put New York Rap from the garages to the radio. I listen to them first time in the house balcony with my father old Lafayette radio system. Loved from that day. Big contrast with my favorites rock groups. I got the LP and is cool. I have that in my parents' house. 

1 hour ago, OKI DOKI said:

I remember c+c factory the song group and video. I think I saw the video in my auntie house first time when video released. Was nice. It is when in reality videos started to transform with better quality and MTV declining when started to show up VH1. 

Back in the days when young, Rock music declined badly in the late 80's and music changed around. Big transformation on popular music and rock gen changes with new styles like alternative. It was sad to see the change in some ways but was normal because I felt the same back in the late 70's when 70's rock appeared with funky music then the disco and the old country music stated to transform then with the fall of disco just by the end on 1979, I remember when showed up RAP.

I do not know if you know them, but they are the real deal that put New York Rap from the garages to the radio. I listen to them first time in the house balcony with my father old Lafayette radio system. Loved from that day. Big contrast with my favorites rock groups. I got the LP and is cool. I have that in my parents' house. 

lmao... I haven't heard that one in a long time. Oh the classic. Wasn't that the end song in  "the revenge of the nerds." 🤔

4 hours ago, JamAnime said:

Cleaning music, when I was young. As soon as we heard these songs, my mom played, we knew it was cleaning time. So, we ran....

ah, the cleaning songs from mom. I was always stuck with her and my brothers were smart to calculate to disappear. Jack asses.  

My mother living outside the country with us, her music was from the 60's and 70's. Now, In the 70's I moved to Latin side no longer Europe and Asia, and she was learning Spanish, but my father knew the language already from early age having neighbors teaching him back in the 30's. He became fluent in the 40's with few other. 

During that time in the 70's, my mom used to play latin songs and she loved them. Not fun times in some ways for me been a rocker by nature but gush, she was like a local latin girls with their radio at high volume and can't talk to each other just screaming to each other. Too many to mention them.   🤣

• 4 weeks later...