Which "archetype" should I focus on? (Phys, Heat, Energy)

Yus Heits, Lv.100

Question

I just got back into the game, and looked into "best builds" to see what/how people play at higher levels.

I initially went all in on a heat build since it seemed like the "best", but then I re-evaluated my play experiences.

In Arena, I found myself loosing to Energy drain and Energy/phys mix builds the most, and Physical builds the easiest to use. I'm now thinking of switching to an Energy build since in other games I play, resource (or in this case, action/turn) denial is important, and energy seemed the best at it (from the opponent's view).

What should I do?

(Keep in mind, I'm a casual/f2p who likes to optimize to a degree.)

9 answers to this question

yes, the picture added it is what you need but that mech it is oriented to destroy energy shield to create damage in that way. That means, it is harder to paralyze the opponent with this kind of energy mech. 

Part easy to get in your case because are granted as RARE" Blue" corners or as EPIC "Purple". Both parts can be max without issues and won't be a loss of time or investment. 

The torso in use as mentioned above, it does have a good energy and heat cap or better say the best in the game but the really bad on cooling and energy regeneration. You can use it for now but the investment in the long run will be a waste. 

image.png.bd09674bc51d5fa752a93ce19e7166b1.png

image.png.74ac69d66adf165e193a031e0366579f.png

Basic torso as free 

image.png.965673bf55e74731c605717f1709a36c.pngNightmare. easy to get in common or rare status farming. Best for heat/phys less for energy but works for energy in some ways. Also good in weight been very low so can set up some modules to start in the beginning. 

image.png.4fcd1cf7bcbbfa5817621075b4e66877.pngWindigo granted as EPIC goof for heat and phys mechs then energy but work in some ways. People use this one more often.

image.png.38a112dfb296addd16b3622b554f037c.pngNaga better for energy between them. Good to use if need for energy mech. 

For legs image.png.d8ba54c0bab5fc3be6bcceaed1d6742d.png all types will be in need, but this one is granted as EPIC and can be obtained less frequently but as free can be. Your current leg, it is the old one used to be in use. Sure, can be put to use but the one above is best in average between weight, damage to shield and HP. 

Then modules drone etc. 

For now, farm as much you can and pay attention to collect the parts farming on rare or epic status. 

10 minutes ago, Yus Heits, Lv.100 said:

alright thx for the tips!

last question: scalpel (common-to-epic energy sword) good until i get viking hammer or stormweaver (somehow)?

Because you are starting, the changes will be really often at this point. If there are no other parts, use whatever can help you out to increase power and move on at campaign areas. 

Starting the game, the FUEL CAP is lower than an account developed like mine. You will be in the 40's and in my case is 95 max in the game. 

Normally is good to keep farming a lot before max parts but because we do not know when to get a decent one, we level up whatever we can for constant progress. There is no rule in this case. 

Sometimes we have to stop and stay put in one place to increase power. 

Check achievement area and to look what can be complete and that provide tokens. Save them till can get some premium boxes in offers like today offer. 

Every account act different in the grants. Some are good and some others are bad. 

You can max parts until reach level 30 transforming them to EPIC if no other in RARE status. You are adding shield and plating plus 2 cooling, one regens and one energy cap. Because later you will need others for a second mech as free to play, leveling up them are not a waste. Sure, in the future will be meat after getting the premium parts. 

image.png.e0d3ccb53f9a0c3cf9e33e2c23d70067.png

Farming will keep granting EPICS. 🤭

energy is a counter to many arena mechs, it can also have high damage output with energy breaks

physical would probably be the worst one to choose from as it just is raw damage with no perks whatsoever

heat is pretty good too but less than energy imo, still good for some things if your opponent has bad stats

(idk what im yapping about but one of each is good but i would start with energy first.)

13 minutes ago, fusemaster634 said:

energy is a counter to many arena mechs, it can also have high damage output with energy breaks

physical would probably be the worst one to choose from as it just is raw damage with no perks whatsoever

heat is pretty good too but less than energy imo, still good for some things if your opponent has bad stats

(idk what im yapping about but one of each is good but i would start with energy first.)

Thx for the tips! It'll be a grind (and I need to get another Scalpel), but I'll switch to Energy.

While I have your attention: An issue I'm running into is weight. Any tips for this? In a thread dedicated to meta builds, I read energy has good lightweight parts, but I might be misremembering.

Energy parts are the heavier in the game reason generally speaking there are not that many energy mechs at tops. Sure, still in use but weight makes this a bit harder to fight.

Normally the heat mech can be number 1 as general population used then phys then energy.

The one with a bit less weight it is physical then heat then too heavy energy and lacking a bit damage. 

In order to help better, it is best for you to summit your mechs set up and inventory and the forum members can help 

45 minutes ago, OKI DOKI said:

Energy parts are the heavier in the game reason generally speaking there are not that many energy mechs at tops. Sure, still in use but weight makes this a bit harder to fight.

Normally the heat mech can be number 1 as general population used then phys then energy.

The one with a bit less weight it is physical then heat then too heavy energy and lacking a bit damage. 

In order to help better, it is best for you to summit your mechs set up and inventory and the forum members can help 

Well this is all I got at the moment since I threw everything into energy. Not entirely regretting it, since it fits the "resource denial" idea.

In terms of chests and crafting, what should I be fishing for now?

Screenshot_20240725_183424_Super Mechs.jpg

Screenshot_20240725_183435_Super Mechs.jpg

28 minutes ago, Yus Heits, Lv.100 said:

In terms of chests and crafting, what should I be fishing for now?

That battery armor helps you (for now), since you lack good modules. It provides a high cap, but very small regen. Do not myth it, since it's generally not that good torso and falls off, but like i said, it helps you currently. Try to get a Naga torso and any massive feet. Naga is good energy torso and massive feet are meta. The Hot flash is a good energy drainer weapon and it is worth to invest into it. About the others, they are ok, but don't invest much into them and be ready to switch when you get better stuff. For now upgrade your modules.                I was never a fan of energy, so i don't know much about it and can't give good advices.

Edited by SettlemenT (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, SettlemenT said:

About the others, they are ok, but don't invest much into them and be ready to switch when you get better stuff. For now upgrade your modules.

As for "better stuff", any names I should look for? and "massive feet", you mean like the treads or the ones here https://content.invisioncic.com/b306313/monthly_2021_04/image.png.6f94fbb087cac83551296ae407d42d79.png ?