Whats a very disturbing Mental Illness you know about

I'm a nerd for human psychology and recently started diving deeper into the more rare incidents and cases of mental disorders that are rather isolated, and unheard of. However that notion only makes them even more disturbing.

Couple weeks ago I learned about a neurological disorder called Alien-Hand Syndrome, which is characterized by the inability to use ones hand, however the hand the patient loses control over, will still be working, doing its own thing. Often in opposition to the other hand. this condition usually arises from damage or dysfunction in the structure that connects the 2 hemispheres of the brain (y'know the other half of you lol) A video i watched explaining it, basically showed a man doing the block design test, as he was using his left hand to design the 4 blocks to make a pattern, his right hand (the one he had lost control over) came up to the blocks and started completely changing the pattern to its own thing. I sat there and watched this mans hands basically argue and fight over which pattern gets to stay. It also does shit like involuntarily bring a drink up to your mouth even if you arent ready to drink at the moment. I cant imagine how funny and how old it would get to just be sitting there with a cup of water and then all the sudden you feel your hand jolt up to your mouth and bump the bottom of your lip. Like "NO, Asshole! I dont want to drink your damn water right now!" There has also been a case where someone had reported being woken up out of their sleep to their rogue hand poking them! Never once did i ever think it would be possible for someone to violate their own self..But wow.. Now ay, take everything i just said, and hand them a controller. The fortnite build meta is about to get way more intense.

k your turn  💀

Edited by AtomusX (see edit history)

Mech Status: In Shop

Current Status: Integrating my spotify playlist to my boiler.