BANWAVE

Jesper

Just now, ChooseGeno said:

I somewhat agree, not resetting him would be implying , "this is what happens to people who try to stop the cheating problem"

Exactly, sorry am out of replies

I literally pulled an MPV from r3 box, and from the other r3 box I opened, I puleld plat fortress, so its holy sry whiteout

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Jesper said:

When no one understood why RAID scams were happening and the first RAID bugs occurred. When he started cheating in the game and G.I.E.N.A. began to spread hacking opportunities among players, I dealt with this with SARAH. Only a few people knew something was going on. On the other hand, there were people who knew how to use the GOLDEN GATE hack and other things ... I think it's pretty easy to figure out when it started. The Russians knew that multitabing would not stop the end of flash as early as 2019. Sarah and I started to deal with it in 7/2020.

It’s great that you have a good history with Sarah, but with me its really simple. You cheat, you benefit from it, you get banned stay banned. 

Perhaps if Sarah had still been around, she would have decided to consider your past efforts for her and make an exception, but I am not Sarah. The communications from Sarah’s side I have access to don’t show near enough for me to consider and I can’t really inherit Sarah’s trust in people. 

Maybe the CM we hire will consider a more lenient policy, but I do believe in this. 

1 minute ago, Alexander said:

It’s great that you have a good history with Sarah, but with me its really simple. You cheat, you benefit from it, you get banned stay banned. 

Perhaps if Sarah had still been around, she would have decided to consider your past efforts for her and make an exception, but I am not Sarah. The communications from Sarah’s side I have access to don’t show near enough for me to consider and I can’t really inherit Sarah’s trust in people. 

Maybe the CM we hire will consider a more lenient policy, but I do believe in this. 

Since you clearly aren't going to reset him, let's just RIP him here

--------

RIP Jesper 2021

Tried to solve cheating problem

I polish rocks

21 minutes ago, Tirreggregars said:

I'm aware

Obvious, if alex will ignore him, he will make everyone aware of what is happening

Maybe it's obvious, but that wasn't my point.  My point was that doing this is probably going to make it less likely that he gets what he wants.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

2 minutes ago, Alexander said:

Ridiculous, he cheated (to help the administration), made a mistake, is forthcoming, willing to make up for it and provides a way to do so, by which he gains very little, and he gets repayed by having his account blocked. Honestly, idk if he is p2w, or not, but either way just remove the exact ammount of tokens he gained from his account, say he gained 5 k tokens, then just dont give him the next 5k tokens he would get, Or let him save them up, and then take them away, but being so strict on smth like this is ridiculous, especially consideritng you haven't done jacksh*t for ppl like Clevername who got backend deals in Sarahs time, so what, I would assume that is cheating, and he benfitted form it, and you ignore his previous relationships, so ban him too?

I literally pulled an MPV from r3 box, and from the other r3 box I opened, I puleld plat fortress, so its holy sry whiteout

5 minutes ago, Alexander said:

You cheat, you benefit from it, you get banned stay banned. 

i have a question. so, one of my accts recently just disappeared out of SM, and im wondering if one of my 2 copilots hacked it and got it banned. did you ban an acct by the name of Professorrex?

it was my first ever acct and i was wondering what happened to it

One Mech to rule them all

Just now, SawzAll said:

Not really obvious to me because doing this here is probably going to make it less likely he gets what he wants.

No, but people will be aware, slavery would not have been abolished if no one had started complaining, if we all say nothing, nothing will happen, and I must say, the current administration seems rather slow, and lazy, choosing to ignore many players, since the individual cases will have a smaller impact than the bigger cases, basically for the greater good, but I wouldn't be happy if I was the part that didn't get the good, but got punished so others could prosper

1 minute ago, MasterChief said:

i have a question. so, one of my accts recently just disappeared out of SM, and im wondering if one of my 2 copilots hacked it and got it banned. did you ban an acct by the name of Professorrex?

it was my first ever acct and i was wondering what happened to it

Yo u mean savvy salmon. I was on it yesterday working just fine?

You can't be serious about this. I explained to you in the first appeal that I did all the spending (120,000,000) and tokens (20,000 - really I really only try LP) because I didn't have any feedback from SARAH and the game seemed to be over. My bad luck was that Sarah stopped (forbade) from communicating on the old forum. Yes, of course I didn't spend the money. By the way, in my case, if you make the effort and trace the IP, you will find that I personally did not do any hacking. RUS did it - I will not mention his name yet. And I wrote it to SARAH and to you that I have proof of how it is done. But as Tirreggregars wrote, we programmers know that it's really easy to reset anything based on a config file. And as far as I know, Tacticsoft made a backup regularly.

1 minute ago, Tirreggregars said:

Ridiculous, he cheated (to help the administration), made a mistake, is forthcoming, willing to make up for it and provides a way to do so, by which he gains very little, and he gets repayed by having his account blocked. Honestly, idk if he is p2w, or not, but either way just remove the exact ammount of tokens he gained from his account, say he gained 5 k tokens, then just dont give him the next 5k tokens he would get, Or let him save them up, and then take them away, but being so strict on smth like this is ridiculous, especially consideritng you haven't done jacksh*t for ppl like Clevername who got backend deals in Sarahs time, so what, I would assume that is cheating, and he benfitted form it, and you ignore his previous relationships, so ban him too?

It was clearly an honest mistake if I got the opportunity to load myself with tokens I would do it xd

Also as I've mentioned before if you don't reset Jasper, you would be suggesting that you don't want people to try to help the game. Is that really what you want to do by being stiff premium? lol

I polish rocks

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Tirreggregars said:

Sorry but your thinking is a bit silly. 

“ to help the administration “ - If we want you to “help” we will ask for it. If there’s a reward we’ll offer it. There’s never been a program where you can cheat, contact the admin and then get a get out of jail free card for later.

We do appreciate forwarding methods, but there’s no need to actually take advantage. 

Please don’t bring others into it, cheating is against the ToS and universally wrong, no matter how you feel about others or how Sarah conducted her business. If you benefit from a cheat you get the ban, no matter how much of a nice guy you used to be. 

If you wish to prevent that, don’t take advantage and contact me immediately, not after you get banned. 

Edit: And yes to be clear, if you help the administration, you will still get banned for cheating and treated the same as anyone else if you’re caught for something later. If you follow our instructions and work *with* us, you won’t get banned for following our instructions. If you report something to us immediately after using it and don’t use it to your advantage, we’ll probably go easy on you but no guarantees. But for sure, I want it to be abundantly clear, you can’t get a get out of jail free card. Simply thing: Don’t cheat, report methods to us instead. Thanks folks.

4 minutes ago, Tirreggregars said:

slavery would not have been abolished if no one had started complaining

With all due respect, comparing being accidentally banned (if we can believe this person) on a video game to slavery is like comparing toast to the planet Jupiter.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Tirreggregars said:

On another note, I have not cheated, but I feel that your treatment of Jesper is unfair.

Thank you for not cheating, but we do not give get out of jail free cards, that simple. I assure you those who actually work with Gato and talk to us before/during/after cheating don’t end up with their account perm’d over it (though if they didn’t follow instructions properly, sometimes they’re inadvertently caught anyway, if we can find there’s no foul play, we just unban then). We can’t show leniency to people because they were apparently helpful to people who we don’t know and simply lost hope. 

I get losing hope, I appreciate people helping. But a lot of people have been helping the game for years and a lot of them despite how bad things got, refrained from cheating. They are the ones who kept the game playable despite the rampant cheats available. Is the message to them really, “You should have just cheated, we’d have understood”? 

Please note accusing people on these forums is against the rules folks. That Jesper decided to air himself here is his choice, but it doesn’t entitle others to turn this into an accusation thread. Additionally, “I think n once cheated so Y shouldnt be banned for cheating!” Is nihilistic argumentation that would only lead to a full breakdown of the game...

Stop solving it, I wrote it in a private message and I will write it here as well. If you had communicated like this in the past, many things would have been resolved a long time ago. I didn't communicate with you before I was banned because I didn't even know who you were. And I didn't even know your email until the launch of banwave. My thinking is not silly. My reasoning is the same as the Tirreggregars. You cannot unban into accounts where an LP was used and funds were spent on items. You did it and now you say it's different from my minutes. Just because that user put more money into the game than I did ... LOL Look, I'm just sorry you're throwing me in a bag with a cheater who didn't put a single dollar in the game and I gave thousands. I'm offended by your thinking, and I've already written to you that your thinking is wrong ... perhaps you wouldn't take the death penalty for murder and stealing candy. But I respect your rules, you decided to do so and you're done ...

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Jesper said:

Stop solving it, I wrote it in a private message and I will write it here as well. If you had communicated like this in the past, many things would have been resolved a long time ago. I didn't communicate with you before I was banned because I didn't even know who you were. And I didn't even know your email until the launch of banwave. My thinking is not silly. My reasoning is the same as the Tirreggregars. You cannot unban into accounts where an LP was used and funds were spent on items. You did it and now you say it's different from my minutes. Just because that user put more money into the game than I did ... LOL Look, I'm just sorry you're throwing me in a bag with a cheater who didn't put a single dollar in the game and I gave thousands. I'm offended by your thinking, and I've already written to you that your thinking is wrong ... perhaps you wouldn't take the death penalty for murder and stealing candy. But I respect your rules, you decided to do so and you're done ...

We unbanned a handful (under 1%) of banned cheaters. There's been one or two cases where someone failed to follow our instructions and instead fused the items, meaning they were still auto-banned and I manually unbanned them after (and after taking the time to make sure it's just that). 

The difference between you and them Jesper is that you lost hope and joined them for a bit, I feel sympathetic for you as I can tell you spent months trying to reach out to Sarah, I can even tell you wrote to Sarah a few weeks after discovering the cheat offering to tell her about a new cheat but it has a "catch" and then removed it. But that just about echoes everyones experience with Tacticsoft's "anti-cheat" - yet others refrained from cheating and once we took over, enthusiastically started telling us everything they knew, offering to test the methods for us and so on.

Since you requested to solve this in private, i'll continue it there and I can open the topic back up if you want to continue here, but I hope you (and others) understand that while we greatly appreciate any help offered, we can't just give out free passes to everyone helpful in the past and we can't just discard the fact many people kept playing SM fair, no matter how hopeless it seemed. 

If people really feel strongly that there should be an unban wave for accounts that did benefit from cheating, i'll consider it. But please people, ask yourself what'll happen next time there's a critical cheat and it takes us a while, when there's precedence we'll ultimately O.K. it.