Thoughts on my new energy free physical?

Shoultz262

I am working towards a similar goal, but I'm doing it more like this, because it's the best I have.  META isn't everything, but these are items I currently have, so I'm doing this.  The Sacrifice Cannon is only there to push from range 3 to 4 so I can use Distance Shredder (i.e. it's an extra combo possibility).  In my testing (I don't have everything ready yet) it does well at least in 1V1 final boss on hard mode.......

image.thumb.png.cf8243bee4f156bb449eb8945381d578.png

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

On 2/22/2021 at 10:22 PM, Shoultz262 said:

image.png.732d57847a5f5d278983dae2a0d7fc85.png

I can tell you from experience you need more resistance drain than that.  I have found a use for having one sacrifice cannon, but it doesn't do enough resistance drain to justify two.  But it's got the beginnings of a good build.  I would still prefer Tonto to that backfire drone (but not the guardian one).  Did you get any of the damaged armor dissolvers from the item portal?

I can tell you also that until/unless you have Annihilation at a high level, and your resistance drainers (whether DADs or DAAs) at at least mythical, you won't make it to rank 9.  That's from experience.  I implemented my version of this a bit too soon and dropped an arena rank.  I don't mind, but it's worth pointing out.

Here's a slightly better way to do it (in my opinion and using some advice from a rank 1 player)

image.png.f0e50461d47b89b2819540bc2a6a2ba7.png

This is essentially what I have now.  Then as you progress:

1) Replace all non-L-M resist modules with premiums / fortresses (prefer all 3 fortresses).

2) Replace Annihilation with Mercy once you get one.

3) Replace Tonto with Selfish Guardian.

4) Replace DADs with DAAs as you get them.

5) Teleport isn't necessary: when you run out of weight, get rid of it.

6) Sacrifice Cannon is nice but when you run out of weight for it, get rid of it.

7) If you have MPV, use that.  (Like I said, this is what I have now, but I'm getting stuff upgraded so that I can switch over to MPV soon.)

A couple of things I discovered in the arena so far:

1) Only shoot each mech with one resistance drainer, unless it's the 2nd mech in 2v2 and you just feel like it, or they have 100+ resist.

2) You need superb charge to use this build.  Superb charge is basically a one-shot weapon.

3) Whatever you are using for 1-2 weapon, it needs to be MAX'D.

4) Max your distance shredder as soon as you can.

5) Sacrifice Cannon is nice but it's not energy free, so that's why I suggest learning to fight without it.

6) Don't jump onto resistance drain platforms.

7) This build demands that you think ahead of your moves, sometimes even 1-2 turns ahead.  It's a totally different playing style.

8 ) Max out your cooling, otherwise with the limited module space, heat mechs will destroy you.

9) All your arena coins should be going to max out backfire reduction until it's at the max level.  The amount of backfire in this config is intense, to the point the auto-play farming will get you killed in campaigns lol.

6 minutes ago, SawzAll said:

I can tell you from experience you need more resistance drain than that.  I have found a use for having one sacrifice cannon, but it doesn't do enough resistance drain to justify two.  But it's got the beginnings of a good build.  I would still prefer Tonto to that backfire drone (but not the guardian one).  Did you get any of the damaged armor dissolvers from the item portal?

I can tell you also that until/unless you have Annihilation at a high level, and your resistance drainers (whether DADs or DAAs) at at least mythical, you won't make it to rank 9.  That's from experience.  I implemented my version of this a bit too soon and dropped an arena rank.  I don't mind, but it's worth pointing out.

Here's a slightly better way to do it (in my opinion and using some advice from a rank 1 player)

image.png.f0e50461d47b89b2819540bc2a6a2ba7.png

This is essentially what I have now.  Then as you progress:

1) Replace all non-L-M resist modules with premiums / fortresses (prefer all 3 fortresses).

2) Replace Annihilation with Mercy once you get one.

3) Replace Tonto with Selfish Guardian.

4) Replace DADs with DAAs as you get them.

5) Teleport isn't necessary: when you run out of weight, get rid of it.

6) Sacrifice Cannon is nice but when you run out of weight for it, get rid of it.

7) If you have MPV, use that.  (Like I said, this is what I have now, but I'm getting stuff upgraded so that I can switch over to MPV soon.)

A couple of things I discovered in the arena so far:

1) Only shoot each mech with one resistance drainer, unless it's the 2nd mech in 2v2 and you just feel like it, or they have 100+ resist.

2) You need superb charge to use this build.  Superb charge is basically a one-shot weapon.

3) Whatever you are using for 1-2 weapon, it needs to be MAX'D.

4) Max your distance shredder as soon as you can.

5) Sacrifice Cannon is nice but it's not energy free, so that's why I suggest learning to fight without it.

6) Don't jump onto resistance drain platforms.

7) This build demands that you think ahead of your moves, sometimes even 1-2 turns ahead.  It's a totally different playing style.

8 ) Max out your cooling, otherwise with the limited module space, heat mechs will destroy you.

9) All your arena coins should be going to max out backfire reduction until it's at the max level.  The amount of backfire in this config is intense, to the point the auto-play farming will get you killed in campaigns lol.

Your build is worse than mine, and I have the nonbackfire res drainer, which is better than the non premium backfire res drainer. Tonto doesn't work because it lacks range. You don't know how my build works, and also, I'm a rank 2 player, I know what to build. Also I obviously know to max out everything first before testing this build.

Also, if I had superb charge, I would use it, don't you think?

14 hours ago, Shoultz262 said:

Your build is worse than mine, and I have the nonbackfire res drainer, which is better than the non premium backfire res drainer. Tonto doesn't work because it lacks range. You don't know how my build works, and also, I'm a rank 2 player, I know what to build. Also I obviously know to max out everything first before testing this build.

Also, if I had superb charge, I would use it, don't you think?

Forgive me for accidentally thinking you're mid ranked like me, being all happy about you getting a cool build, and wishing you the best with it.  It won't happen again.