whats with the PvE Enemy Names?

AtomusX

Question

This isn't necessarily a problem as it is more of a game discussion, but I couldn't figure out whether or not to put it in questions or discussions, so it'll just go here for now.

Look at this guy

sasefw.thumb.png.5eac04551172a02bd3d2b760956bef24.png

Most of the AI Enemy names are pretty random and spread out, ranging from Bio-NV, to Gizmo GT to just "Engine". 

Does anybody actually have an idea what the names could mean? I know the game itself probably doesn't have this type of depth in terms of service tags, model numbers and actual meaning behind the acronyms but it's always a cool lore detail that wouldn't hurt SM to implement.

A-R-D Could maybe stand for "Anti-Robot Devastator", maybe could be an insignia for front-line Mechs that are specifically meant to lay down overwhelming force to enemy lines

Stuff like Bio-NV could stand for "Nightmare Vestigials". Maybe mechs that specialize in "Surprise, Kill, Vanish" Operations, stealthy even.

But I dont really know. Maybe im looking WAY too deep into it, however it would be nice to know what you all think about the names, and have you ever wondered what it means or have you already given your own self-explanation to it?

The Boiler Mech that Burns down and obliterates any mech with incompetent module configuration. Atomus' Boiler acts as a Hard-counter to any Mech that has the slightest margin of exploitable Cooling

'I will literally melt your mech dude..

So go on then, try me'

5 answers to this question

randomly generated anything robot-like stuff

image.png.267dbd4a30e43924bb6d66386cde43f2.png
Buckshot Frenzy [Burst Type: Third Cycle]SG - Children Of Anarchy enters full auto and reload drum mags instead of single shells, bolstering it's own Clip Size by ▲200% and all ally's SG - Class ATK Speed and ATK by ▲50%, consistent "meat shot" buckshot spreads will rewards Buckshot Frenzy Duration for another 1 second per shot, Buckshot Frenzy do bonus ▲35% D.M.T.R Code Based Damage against enemy shields and barriers .[CD: 115 Seconds][Active]
SG - Children Of Anarchy 「Squad Café Sweety」: SG - Children Of Anarchy fires Black Typhoon Shells with 50% more pellets per buckshot and passively boost all ally SG - Class with ▲25% bonus clip size when deployed at the cost of ▼25% reduced reload speed per reload cycle. 
[Passive] [Squad Synergy : SR - Efficient Slacker SR - Haymaker]

5 minutes ago, Coddiwomple said:

You’re searching for depth where there’s nothing.

This is more of a headcanon for me to make the game more interesting, while I also figured that maybe other people would have a similar type of headcanon

The Boiler Mech that Burns down and obliterates any mech with incompetent module configuration. Atomus' Boiler acts as a Hard-counter to any Mech that has the slightest margin of exploitable Cooling

So go on then, try me'

5 minutes ago, Monke King said:

Sometimes I see “Alexander” which is probably a reference to Alexander

Funny story, every time i see an AI named Alexander, it always manages to kill me.

So go on then, try me'