How did you Start Playing SuperMechs/come across the game?

JamAnime

How did you Start Playing SuperMechs/come across the game?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. How did you Start Playing SuperMechs/come across the game?

• I was surfing the web of a game site and came across Supermechs
    • I was looking for a new app game on my phone and found Supermechs
    • I started playing Battle Dawn and started playing SM knowing it was link to BD.
    • Word of mouth: My mom/dad/brother/sister/son/daughter/friend told me about it, so I gave it a try.

None of the choices match how I found SM. I was searching for a new version of MechWarrior and found the beta version of SM in late summer or early fall of 2011. I played it and got hooked. Despite some coding issues, the legacy version of SM had better game mechanics, superior utilities (double hook, double charge, many variations of heat and energy shields from 10%-50%) and the workshop/dashboard was designed better. 9 years in, I still enjoy certain aspects of the game, and look forward to Gato improving the player experience and taking out the trash. 

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, IlyaMech said:

What happened here?
Why is it not tacticsoft, and the forum about super mechs has become a separate one?

Gato Games now has ownership of the game since Tactisoft couldn't handle managing 3-4 games at once (BattleDawn is a really busy game, unlike this one), so the ownership is different than before.

As for the forums, this one was created to succeed the old forums in order to iron out the old forum's complications and old look, which is why the new forums look completely different to that of the old one's design.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

There was a computer room at school and some times we could play videogameson friv and you, I discovered the game and the teachers said that it was too "violent" so i started playing it at home, its been around 4 years since i discovered supermechs

3 minutes ago, Getsu6057 said:

There was a computer room at school and some times we could play videogameson friv and you, I discovered the game and the teachers said that it was too "violent" so i started playing it at home, its been around 4 years since i discovered supermechs

Explosions are too much for anyone to handle, so of course it's violent. 

The only thing that happens is that the bosses just threaten to bash you over the head with a gun only to get blown up instead.

That right there is M-rated for sure.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

2 hours ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

Gato Games now has ownership of the game since Tactisoft couldn't handle managing 3-4 games at once (BattleDawn is a really busy game, unlike this one), so the ownership is different than before.

Wow, Whiteout.

Actually, Tacticsoft only had 2 app games, Super Mechs and Battle Dawn (maybe a 3rd game for another version of Battle Dawn).

(BattleDawn is a really busy game, unlike this one)

Super Mechs is more popular than Battle Dawn. Super Mechs has 10m+ downloads, while Battle Dawn has 50k+ downloads. You got it backwards on that one.

As for the forums, this one was created to succeed the old forums in order to iron out the old forum's complications and old look, which is why the new forums look completely different to that of the old one's design.

Lol! The old forum is less complicated than this forum.

The reason why the old forum was shifted to this new forum is because Tacticsoft was paying the bill for the old forum, and it’s under Tacticsoft’s name. This new forum is paid by Gato with Gato’s name attached to this forum.

Edited by rc (see edit history)

21 minutes ago, rc said:

Wow, Whiteout.

Actually, Tacticsoft only had 2 app games, Super Mechs and Battle Dawn (maybe a 3rd game for another version of Battle Dawn).

Super Mechs is more popular than Battle Dawn. Super Mechs has 10m+ downloads, while Battle Dawn has 50k+ downloads. You got it backwards on that one.

Lol! The old forum is less complicated than this forum.

The reason why the old forum was shifted to this new forum is because Tacticsoft was paying the bill for the old forum, and it’s under Tacticsoft’s name. This new forum is paid by Gato with Gato’s name attached to this forum.

So you found my older post and fact-checked it... You're getting really good at spotting mistakes and fact-checking them, huh?

8 hours ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

So you found my older post and fact-checked it... You're getting really good at spotting mistakes and fact-checking them, huh?

Whiteout! Grammar nazi here! Lol! 😆

Joking aside, when I said “wow”, I was surprised you were incorrect twice. I can understand you were incorrect once, but twice. Oof!

I didn’t need to fact-check anything since I already knew you were incorrect. I did get some facts on both apps’ download counts to add more weight to my comments though. But like I mentioned earlier, I already knew the scoop.

Edited by rc (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...