Frustration Via Fortune Boxes

White Star

Fortune boxes shouldn't have Common and Rare items, A guaranteed epic would've be a bare minimum instead of gaining a next to useless common or rare that someone probably has too many of, as a player i am NOT feeling very rewarded by the fortune boxes... the rng keeps kicking me in the "🔩" over and over again... making my progress or what before was a crawl to a absolutely dragging experience.

• Improve Fortune boxes so that they're more rewarding instead of a rng mess, troll mechanic.

Artist

15 minutes ago, White Star said:

A guaranteed epic would've be a bare minimum

You do realise there are premium boxes and packs that have this, right?

Be happy there are fortune boxes, lots of other games require premium credits for 'chance to get something good' boxes, fortune boxes are free, farmable and can drop legendaries.

Legacy Messiah | Reign Forever | Rejoined March 2020

How about removing the common drop because damn it was so rare I felt like it's even rarer than getting a legendary from an FB.
Or perhaps an advanced fortune box, that gives out only epics and legendaries, sometimes even a myth..? 

No, the adv fb would have been a suggestion instead, also it's quite a bs here tbh.

Retired SM pilot, nothing interesting, and I have once lived in infamy.
My Discord Server if you want to see me, I guess : 
Omura Unofficial Server
I am not looking for trouble here, and don't try.

1 hour ago, Zylok said:

You do realise there are premium boxes and packs that have this, right?

Be happy there are fortune boxes, lots of other games require premium credits for 'chance to get something good' boxes, fortune boxes are free, farmable and can drop legendaries.

Yes i do realize that BUYING exists but that not the point here, The point being that fortune boxes aren't THAT easy to get and when you do the chance of getting epic is low, thus not very rewardind... they are a fixed prize on the free boxes and getting rare tier items out of them is not rewarding at all, grinding them on overlords den just to gain rare and SOMETIMES an epic is not rewarding enough.

[ Buying stuff is irrelevant here, and so is "other games out there" because it is about Super Mechs we're talking about. ]

47 minutes ago, SolarisHK said:

How about removing the common drop because damn it was so rare I felt like it's even rarer than getting a legendary from an FB.
Or perhaps an advanced fortune box, that gives out only epics and legendaries, sometimes even a myth..? 

No, the adv fb would have been a suggestion instead, also it's quite a bs here tbh.

Common drops are indeed rarer than legendary 🗿 Bruh!

Artist

3 hours ago, White Star said:

Fortune boxes shouldn't have Common and Rare items,

Rates have already been improved.  I nearly always get epics now.

I agree they should not have common but getting all common in a fortune box is now almost impossible.

Spend arena coins to upgrade your chances.  Honestly most of the good items I've got over the years have been from fortune boxes. The rest from deals.

I know it's frustrating, I really do.  But this is a long-term grinding game.  Just be patient, your luck will always change.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

On 11/2/2022 at 2:45 PM, SawzAll said:

Rates have already been improved.  I nearly always get epics now.

I agree they should not have common but getting all common in a fortune box is now almost impossible.

Spend arena coins to upgrade your chances.  Honestly most of the good items I've got over the years have been from fortune boxes. The rest from deals.

I know it's frustrating, I really do.  But this is a long-term grinding game.  Just be patient, your luck will always change.

The grinding is eternal

Artist

7 hours ago, White fox said:

In the least when you defeat a level on insane mode you should het something more than two crappy common items. You get that playing the easy level.

A guaranteed Epic item would be a bare minimum on insane difficulty.

but the game says... screw that have rare instead 🤡 hoo hoo

Artist

1 hour ago, White Star said:

A guaranteed Epic item would be a bare minimum on insane difficulty.

but the game says... screw that have rare instead 🤡 hoo hoo

The game needs some lectures to how to be balanced, a hell lot of it actually. 😒

Retired SM pilot, nothing interesting, and I have once lived in infamy.
My Discord Server if you want to see me, I guess : 
Omura Unofficial Server
I am not looking for trouble here, and don't try.

On 11/4/2022 at 1:47 PM, White fox said:

In the least when you defeat a level on insane mode you should het something more than two crappy common items. You get that playing the easy level.

I agree, there should be more incentive to beat 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3 in hard and insane.  like, another reward box of power kits.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html