for Kongregate SM users

Shared-NW

8 hours ago, Alexander said:

Changing the date is not a good, permanent solution. Please do not rely on it - browsers will stop supporting that very very soon (this month, next at latest). Using an older browser (like a portable chrome version) or a browser like maxthon or puffin is a far superior solution.

Alex is right timestone should not be thought of to fix the problem. Think of it as a way to get on the game long enough to say goodbye.  As he said you need to find another way.

Also can we should not hit Alex over the head with sticks on this one it is really not his fault and I agree with most of what he says. I dont have to like it. I am sure we can find something else that is his fault that we can hit him over the head about.

That being said I told you how to get on with chrome above. The current firefox hates when you change the date so you have to do more work to use it. To rule out a cache problem use a private window >> load the game >> change the date at more options >> enable flash >> let it load to blank page >> refresh that page >> more options >> enable flash >> let it load, flash, fuss at you, turn white, just wait till it stops fussing or the game has loaded and flashing. Once it stops >> refresh the page >> more options >> enable flash. I just tried firefox and i was able to duplicate your problem and that is how I got past it. Every time i tried I had to do it 3 times.

Jesper as of right now there are only about 30 kong players that have got back in the game after dealing with problems and changes 😞 Every time the game goes down more kong players are lost. With the current problems I doubt many new people will join, and even if they try they are told by anyone that sees them not to start playing the game on kong but to go to the main site if they want to play. All kong users understand what is going on but it is hard to tell someone all your time for the past years is gone but the good news is you can start over from nothing. Some kong members have already been through that once with the reload. People where lost then too.

Yeah kong SM users were a minority but some of us invested into the game,some of us Kong  SM alot.Its still  a big **** you to us Kong SM players now that this is happening and the fact that Sarah illegally or not moved some SM accounts while others Kong SM users have to wait in limbo for better days when we can play normally is totally unjust!

“...do you assume that reading the forum is mandatory?”

If only people used the forum, they’d have saved themselves from the headache they’re in now. Although the forum isn’t mandatory, I always thought the forum is critical for up-to-date info on the game. At the very least, the forum is a way to get in contact with the developers on issues people may have.

It’s a shame really. When Sarah was here, I read on the forum Darkstare mentioned he got transferred from Kong onto the official Super Mechs website. This was months ago. It’s too bad his free “get out of jail” pass is wasted on him since he quit playing Super Mechs to play something else.

Now, it’s 21 Jan 2021. Sarah is long gone. Tacticsoft is long gone. People should have thought to ask for a solution a long time ago when the easy solution still existed with Tacticsoft, although that solution is illegal as Alexander puts it.

If the following is true, its the death knell for the remaining Kong players, as no Kred purchases means no money for Gato which means there is no incentive to keep the game running there.

From Kong:

(https://www.kongregate.com/forums/7-technical-support/topics/1933753-running-list-of-current-issues-complaints-about-the-supernova-post-flash-killswitch-switched-kongregate?page=3#posts-13565007-row)

Updated #3 to update that Kong is going to update BotD so that Flash games are not selected as BotD. (citation). This implies that there is not going to be a fix implemented so that there is a way to earn flash games using SuperNova.

Also, if the issue with Kred purchases and availability of premium content is linked to this same issue, that might not get fixed as well.

-Pip

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, NAME_NOT_FOUND said:

If the following is true, its the death knell for the remaining Kong players, as no Kred purchases means no money for Gato which means there is no incentive to keep the game running there.

From Kong:

(https://www.kongregate.com/forums/7-technical-support/topics/1933753-running-list-of-current-issues-complaints-about-the-supernova-post-flash-killswitch-switched-kongregate?page=3#posts-13565007-row)

Updated #3 to update that Kong is going to update BotD so that Flash games are not selected as BotD. (citation). This implies that there is not going to be a fix implemented so that there is a way to earn flash games using SuperNova.

Also, if the issue with Kred purchases and availability of premium content is linked to this same issue, that might not get fixed as well.

-Pip

I’d like to note we were already on the assumption that would possibly be the case - we mentioned the same issue earlier in that topic and were looking for other authentication solutions instead. 

If reasonable we don’t mind keeping it up without kreds working, but it seems to me the supernova team has 0 idea what is going on here and only discovered these things will be issues in the last couple of days....

27 minutes ago, Alexander said:

I’d like to note we were already on the assumption that would possibly be the case - we mentioned the same issue earlier in that topic and were looking for other authentication solutions instead. 

If reasonable we don’t mind keeping it up without kreds working, but it seems to me the supernova team has 0 idea what is going on here and only discovered these things will be issues in the last couple of days....

So how is it? The Kongregate has an agreement with Supernova. Supernova is so amateurish that she doesn't know how to fix a game. Players cannot play. The supernova doesn't have to fix anything, and the Kongregate says they may not continue to support SM play.
However, NO ONE may affect SM accounts because they are linked to Kongregate accounts. GATO can't help because he's afraid of lawsuits and the Congregate doesn't want to help because it would cost more money than they're willing to sacrifice ...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAU

fries wtf GIF by Omrop Fryslân

Edited by Jesper (see edit history)

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Jesper said:

Supernova is so amateurish that she doesn't know how to fix a game

Please don’t attack SuperNova that way. From what I know, SuperNova only signed a deal with Kong on 31 dec and the people responsible at Kong weren’t themselves aware these issues would arise, thus never informed SuperNova. 

The current question is if it’s possible (at all) to restore SuperMechs via SuperNova, it seems SuperNova nor Kongregate are sure right now. SuperNova’s suggestion to change authentication is only possible if they pass authentication somehow, which I believe Kong isn’t doing right now, so it’d require a change by SuperNova. 

Players can play via Maxthon and such right now. The supernova team changed it so that is possible and will hopefully improve its compatibility with other old browsers too. 

We’re currently in talks with Kongregate for trying to offer an alternative solution. 

The Devs at getsupernova are very nice. They changed their code so supermechs could be played using flash. (if you look at their code they even added a note that says "Hack for supermechs to help ppl") They did not have to do this and it would have been much easier for them to say not our problem go talk to kong or gato.

It is really hard to put the blame on anyone for this because I am almost sure that was in the code from day 1 when the game started. Maybe there was not the same kong API then and when kong changed the API Tacticsoft never did because it still worked with postmessage. Maybe they did not even know. It is hard to say what was the past.

As for right now getsupernva does not work but it is not their fault and they have done everything they could and even made a hack so people could play using flash.

NOTE: getsupernova with a small bit of code change on the server side would most likely work on both the SM and BD websites for the people that wanted to play from the website.

Not to kick SuperNoGo while it is down, but.....

1) They are on contract by Kong, in which they are getting paid for this

or

2) They are freelancing it and promised what they couldn't deliver.

Either way, the mantra is under promise and over deliver, not over promise and under deliver. They simply were arrogant and/or naïve and now its coming back to bite them, and by extension all of Kong. Kong should have had something in place at least a month in advance to work through these exact issues. And Gato... well you are a victim of TS selectively moving accounts when as you say, it was 'illegal', and now your users are separated into the have and have nots. And we, the people at Kong... well, yeah we knew this was coming for a long time, and we trusted Kong to have a fix in place, and/or TS/Gato to move us like it did others if it all went south, so shame on us for being over trusting.

tl;dr

Lots of blame to go around on everyone.

55 minutes ago, NAME_NOT_FOUND said:

Not to kick SuperNoGo while it is down, but.....

1) They are on contract by Kong, in which they are getting paid for this

or

2) They are freelancing it and promised what they couldn't deliver.

Either way, the mantra is under promise and over deliver, not over promise and under deliver. They simply were arrogant and/or naïve and now its coming back to bite them, and by extension all of Kong. Kong should have had something in place at least a month in advance to work through these exact issues. And Gato... well you are a victim of TS selectively moving accounts when as you say, it was 'illegal', and now your users are separated into the have and have nots. And we, the people at Kong... well, yeah we knew this was coming for a long time, and we trusted Kong to have a fix in place, and/or TS/Gato to move us like it did others if it all went south, so shame on us for being over trusting.

tl;dr

Lots of blame to go around on everyone.

There isn't any blame to go around. There are unforeseen circumstances affecting what can happen and what can't. If there where no issues that no-one knew would happen, it would all be working smoothly. But there are issues, so it isn't. You can't blame someone for not being able to see the future can you?

"Religion is ignorance of reality" - Primary Iterator Kyril Sindermann

9 minutes ago, GeometricalTaco said:

There isn't any blame to go around. There are unforeseen circumstances affecting what can happen and what can't. If there where no issues that no-one knew would happen, it would all be working smoothly. But there are issues, so it isn't. You can't blame someone for not being able to see the future can you?

Why, yes; yes you can. Its part of risk analysis when doing a bid. I got 25 years of being an engineer under my belt, and if I fail to identify a problem going into a bid, I get blamed for not having done my job. You have a risk register that is there just for the "unseen" things, because you can't always see the future as you said, but if you don't build enough into your bid and schedule to cover the unseen, then you didn't do your job; "Failed to estimate the scope". Which is why I had naïve as part of SuperNoGo's part in this. They didn't understand fully what they were signing up for. Over promised and under delivered. 

9 minutes ago, NAME_NOT_FOUND said:

Why, yes; yes you can. Its part of risk analysis when doing a bid. I got 25 years of being an engineer under my belt, and if I fail to identify a problem going into a bid, I get blamed for not having done my job. You have a risk register that is there just for the "unseen" things, because you can't always see the future as you said, but if you don't build enough into your bid and schedule to cover the unseen, then you didn't do your job; "Failed to estimate the scope". Which is why I had naïve as part of SuperNoGo's part in this. They didn't understand fully what they were signing up for. Over promised and under delivered. 

It is different in the programming world though. You physically have no way of knowing about issues until they show themselves. That's why there are delays for games and programs due to bugs and big problems nobody knew would appear.

Delays are almost always an inevitability, and seeing as there wasn't a date SuperNova promised, you can't say they have failed their job. At least they are actually trying to complete their task. They haven't just given up and are instead trying to fix the big problems that have appeared.

"Religion is ignorance of reality" - Primary Iterator Kyril Sindermann

No it is not. I am an Electrical Engineer by degree, but 80% of my industry work has been software (15% interface, 5% HW). I have done bids from a couple of dozen $K to 8 figures. The process is the same. Its called accountability. Some times all your risks turn into unrealized opportunity, sometimes you get left hanging because you totally missed something. And sometimes the customer screws you over and PM won't go back and ask for more money because they added scope. At the end of the day, you signed off on the bid, and its your responsibility. SuperNoGo missed a lot of things in their bid. They didn't ask the right questions to the customer (Kong). They didn't build in enough schedule. They get a lot of blame.

9 hours ago, GeometricalTaco said:

Vo svete programovania je to však iné. Fyzicky nemáte ako vedieť o problémoch, kým sa neukážu. Preto hry a programy meškajú kvôli chybám a veľkým problémom, o ktorých nikto nevedel, že sa objavia.

Oneskorenie je takmer vždy nevyhnutné. Ak však nebudete mať čas, ktorý by program SuperNova sľúbil, nemôžete povedať, že svoju prácu nezvládli. Aspoň sa vlastne snažia svoju úlohu splniť. Nielen sa vzdali, ale namiesto toho sa snažia vyriešiť veľké problémy, ktoré sa objavili.

Is it different in the world of programming? It's even more important my friend. Only stupid windows updates have to be tested on thousands of different configurations. I'm tired of listening to these things about how the poor in KONG couldn't find out. Nor did the fact that Supermechs players had a lot of time to prepare for the end of Flash. Really? Once you can't migrate from Kong to an SM server, you're a hostage to Kong.
That Kong was naive (read the scams) when he signed a contract with Supernova a few months before the end of FLASH.
But hand on heart friends, it's always just about money. If KONG paid a company to test all their games, it wouldn't happen.
But it would cost a lot of money. Just pay for the last 2 months and issue a statement that approximately 20% of the games will not work. How easy is that ???

Technical side of things - simplified:
1. I buy a PC, install windows, do not install Flash and ice up Supermechs until it works properly.
2. I buy a PC, install Windows, install Flash, uninstall Flash and unload Supermechs until it works properly.

• Administrators

2 hours ago, NAME_NOT_FOUND said:

Any update on the transfer? Success? Failure? Issues?

Any news is appreciated.... well except the news that everyone's account but mine transferred and mine is forever lost.

It's been done, if logging in with the new details does not log you in with your Kong account, please message me (on kong). All requests via kong have been handled.