Alexander

Opinion on Frantic Brute?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. How balanced is it?

• This item needs a buff
    • This item is fine
    • This item needs a nerf

22 hours ago, Shoultz262 said:

What do you mean it can't fit with other physical items? Just slap on dual frantics and rock recoiler, maybe a sac cannon or nightfall if you have spare weight and you're set for rank 3.

Also, it doesn't matter if you low roll when you just need 2-3 high roll hits for a almost guaranteed win. Most mechs won't have more than 3k health, so with drone, that's about 1500-1700 in a single turn. Yes it sucks in the meta, but then again, what doesn't except other meta builds?

By this i mean if you build frantic brutes , you MUST HAVE 2 frantic brutes ,having one single frantic brute while the rest are the other usual E-M phys will make Frantics effectivity significantly reduced , either you roll all out with frantics or not at all , nowhere in between .

You can cure yourselves, all you need to escape the plague was to never embracing it to begin with, you are given that choice each time, i am not your cure to salvation, my wonderful relic of Mortal Pride, for you are your own infection, the helpless look on your faces is my favorite part for i have enjoyed it a thousand times already. - Herald Of The Ravens.
image.png.5dff7ff89f93332f7236848f92dc5c87.png

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

So I see a lot of people talking on this topic have labels like "Experienced" or "Commander". That kinda made me hesitant to post in here since I'm sorta inexperienced- it's complicated. Anyway, I've been wanting to post something on the frantic weapons for a while now- since recently I've gotten back into supermechs and I've been running into maxed out dual frantic brutes in the arena.

So I'm a free 2 play player that's kinda hung around in the shadows of the game since the legacy days, not really playing but keeping an eye on it. I remember the single use bullet and missile packs you could put on your mechs back when guns, drones, and rocket launchers consumed bullets and rockets. Due to this, I kinda jumped in and out of playing over the years, lost and created a couple accounts, etc. So the point is, I'm not really experienced, but I'm in no way a newbie.

My thoughts on the frantic weapons were to simply give them a chance to backfire in relation to their ability to do a heaping chunk of damage. Currently, all weapons either have a set backfire damage, a certain number of uses, range issues, weight issues, or have energy/heat use. Or even a combination of multiple. But ever since the introduction of backfire damage, I've wondered why all the weapons have set backfire values.

Why not make it that the frantic weapons still do very high damage on a chance based system (which in my opinion doesn't seem to work very well, they always seem to do upper ranges of damage), but instead of the low end of the range just being low damage, it has a hefty backfire range. Let me explain better: The frantic weapons have a chance to do either, but not both: Do damage to the enemy, or backfire on you. If a backfire should happen, it should be a random value of a hefty range, just like the damage is. This backfire range might be half of the damage range, as if it backfires it wont do any damage to the enemy at all, so making it do 400 backfire damage is just cruel.

But this idea isn't necessarily a balance based idea- it's a psychological balance idea. The question my idea raises is if you are willing to risk not only using up an action and doing no damage to the enemy, but also doing damage to yourself.

Anyway, that was my thoughts, please let me know what you think.

Edited by Yonathan Yeager
I thought it was pinned. It wasn't. My bad. (see edit history)

Make the Frantic 1 use with only exactly 400 damage no high no low only 400 one use like a final shoot cannon i like to see new weapons or old rework weapons to deal only same damage not from that to that it would be interesting and there were some weapons even a drone that dealt the same damage like only 100 or 50 in the legacy version if i remember correctly? 😁👍🕊️

And also pls make some kind of new update to the game i beg you Alex don't let the game die 😥😔

Edited by Stevcelord (see edit history)

The Necron Empire's jealous on the sheer amount of Necropost in this thread.

You can cure yourselves, all you need to escape the plague was to never embracing it to begin with, you are given that choice each time, i am not your cure to salvation, my wonderful relic of Mortal Pride, for you are your own infection, the helpless look on your faces is my favorite part for i have enjoyed it a thousand times already. - Herald Of The Ravens.

2 hours ago, Monke King said:

Raul once said that necro posing is ok

Nothing bad about it, just referencing the Necron's obsession with defending their tombworld's patrol posts . Man you missed the joke.

Edited by AionionNobleSapphire (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

honestly when I see a frantic brute build in the arena I'm fine with it, I find boilers much more annoying but I wouldn't suggest nerfing those either

On 9/23/2022 at 9:31 AM, Stevcelord said:

Make the Frantic 1 use with only exactly 400 damage no high no low only 400 one use like a final shoot cannon i like to see new weapons or old rework weapons to deal only same damage not from that to that it would be interesting and there were some weapons even a drone that dealt the same damage like only 100 or 50 in the legacy version if i remember correctly? 😁👍🕊️

And also pls make some kind of new update to the game i beg you Alex don't let the game die 😥😔

that, is an awfull idea, if it had 1 use it would be almost useless, may aswell get a scope at that point

What's the hell is even this thread, The Necron Empire's Tomb World ?, this thread has been Necro-ed so many times that it has went through several Necron Overlord Dynasties, stop.

Last time I did checking in WU, 40 rounds of dual frantic vs dual spartan, the dual spartan won only like 1-2 more rounds out of 40 than the frantic, and usually it was only because frantic brute ran out of shots and happened to run some low RNG.  To me, if a weapon is truly premium (spartan) it should be at least 10% better than the alternative.  The way to make spartan carnage truly premium is to nerf frantic brute properly.

Hence I believe the change that needs to happen is the max damage of frantic brute needs to be reduced to 530.

The previous "nerf" made frantic brute cost a lot of heat.  If the max damage of frantic brute is reduced to 530 (from 618 which it is currently) then I would recommend undoing the last "nerf" by reducing the heat and energy cost of frantic brute to be equivalent to spartan carnage.

Low and mid ranks is dominated by dual frantic brute mechs, which is why it was given the nickname "frantic cancer".  If TactiSoft was intending to make frantic brute a "poor man's equalizer" to help F2P players, it failed because anyone can use it, and it was too overpowered.

Reducing max damage to 530 (so the stats would read 246-530 damage) and reducing heat and energy cost should still result in a good weapon, just not overpowered.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

• 5 months later...