Who will be the next Chess World Champion (Classic) ?

Chess World Championship 2023  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the next Chess World Champion ?

• Ding Liren (China)
    • Ian Nepomniachtchi (Russia)

Hi @ all ❗

Since Magnus Carlsen will not defend his current Chess World Champion title (he got already 5 at Classic and some more at other time-formats) ...

WHO will be the next Chess World Champion ❓

Ding Liren (China)

or

Ian Nepomniachtchi (Russia)

❓

Nr2 vs N3 of the World Ranking - pretty fair they both fight for the next title, because Nepo won the Candidates Tournament (the winner is allowed to challange the current World Champion) and Ding got 2nd at this tournament !

So ... since Magnus does not defend the title, they both were the next who has a chance for the title, IF both are willing to play ❗
(or some other issues will appear) 

Here the current World Ranking (Classic) with Magnus way above ...
(you have to know this Elo Ranking is hard as ...., Magnus won his last played tournament - Rapid & Blitz - won 3 (!) games, 1 loss and 5 draws and made -12 points)

World Champion.jpg

P.S.: Austria just won vs Germany at the World Chess Olympiad - big surprise ❗

🥳

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Today is a good day (again) ❗

God vs Devil.jpg

Edited by bestplayeroftheworld (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@all

Please vote at the poll, if you are interested in chess and if you have a favorit at the upcoming Chess WorldChampionship ❗

👍

I will vote in a few days, I already have my favorit at this battle ❗

P.S.: I still did not figure out, why the current World Champion Magnus Carlsen do not attemp to defend his title, because it would be his 6th and therefore he would be the one with most Chess world titles of all time ... which would have been an amazing achievement ❗

😉

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The World Chess Championship 2023 is an upcoming chess match, taking place from 7 April to 30 April 2023 to determine the new world chess champion. The incumbent champion Magnus Carlsen decided not to defend his title against Ian Nepomniachtchi, the winner of the Candidates Tournament 2022. Therefore, Ian Nepomniachtchi will play the second-place finisher in the Candidates, Ding Liren, in the World Chess Championship match. This would be the first world chess championship since 1948 in which the incumbent champion would not participate (not including the 1993–2005 FIDE championships) ❗

(source: Wikipedia)

😉

Edited by bestplayeroftheworld (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2022 at 9:47 AM, bestplayeroftheworld said:

The World Chess Championship 2023 is an upcoming chess match, taking place from 7 April to 30 April 2023 to determine the new world chess champion. The incumbent champion Magnus Carlsen decided not to defend his title against Ian Nepomniachtchi, the winner of the Candidates Tournament 2022.[2][3] Therefore, Ian Nepomniachtchi will play the second-place finisher in the Candidates, Ding Liren, in the World Chess Championship match. This would be the first world chess championship since 1948 in which the incumbent champion would not participate (not including the 1993–2005 FIDE championships) ❗

(source: Wikipedia)

😉

Hello

ok 7 April to 30 April will check out 

Thanks !!

⚜️Looking forward to this special  event in  early April ⚜️

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, bestplayeroftheworld said:

Congratulation ... Ding Liren is the new Chess Worldchampion (Classic) ❗

Ding Liren (China)

vs

Ian Nepomniachtchi (Russia)

9.5 vs 8.5

after 15 days / 18 games

😉

I don't watch chess tournaments and stuff, but when I saw your post, I thought the Chinese dude was going to win, and somehow, I was correct! :]

Edited by Battalion Incinerator (see edit history)

By someone, somewhere.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...