Base

Sushi

So when I created the SM account it came with the base disabled ( I don't know how either...)

I saw in a few YT vids and posts on forum where people were generating tons of legendaries and then I saw dozen of posts on forum asking for their base to be disabled.

So my big brain told me to make a thread and ask the OG players to do the hard work.

Please clarify the pros and cons of base. So even a donkey can make out the correct decision. 

Screenshot_2022-05-27-00-19-05-723_air.com.supermechs.superapp.jpg

K ima do it

So basically:

Pros of silver boxes: 

Actually I can't think of any..... Cus all you get are 3 or so cards c-e, very low chance of e-m for like 6500

And pros of base:

Gold income (always upgrade the mines first)

Cheaper items

Chance of legendary at lvl20 (kinda expensive but I'm told the chances are around 20%, higher than a prem pack)

Craftable Power kits for a fair price

Plus no matter what crafting option you can get and add to get an extra card rare to epic, witch could even be an e-m

Cons: takes time and gold to upgrade 

But other than that it's pretty good

I sat down with some top base users a few months back to try and figure out through which circumstance base is optimal. For context we worked under the assumption that the primary objective is to max myth items as fast as possible. 

TLDR is that using only the gold grinded from campaign, buying 5x silver boxes can achieve item upgrade speeds equal to or slightly below that of a maxed base. This came out to a maxed item approximately every 4-5 days depending on your grinding and upgrading efficiency. 

⚠️ Opinion Alert ⚠️ Base is not optimal for players without 3 or more completely maxed mechs. It was designed to slow the early game progress to an absolute crawl in attempt to draw out more purchases throughout a player’s progression. Although base can offer some great late game benefits including a chance for legendaries and afk gold earnings, the time and gold it takes to max out the base is a lot effort for new players. 

I’m consistently top 10 global with over 200 maxed items and never once have I regret keeping silver boxes. Other top players have used base to achieve similar success and swear by it. From my perspective all I ever see is people asking to have base disabled and complain about how bad the legendary drop rates are. For this reason I prefer to grind OD6 insane and spam my 5x silvers.

Bruv I'm no top player, it's giving me a big boost already at lvl 15, I'm rank 13-12, the ones who ask base disablement are noobs, and impatient ones at that , it's actually better in every way

What I do is grind od8, and let it craft 15-40 items, depends on my gold, overnight. Atleast 4 me it's better

3 hours ago, Sushi said:

So when I created the SM account it came with the base disabled ( I don't know how either...)

I saw in a few YT vids and posts on forum where people were generating tons of legendaries and then I saw dozen of posts on forum asking for their base to be disabled.

So my big brain told me to make a thread and ask the OG players to do the hard work.

Please clarify the pros and cons of base. So even a donkey can make out the correct decision. 

Screenshot_2022-05-27-00-19-05-723_air.com.supermechs.superapp.jpg

I'll explain. There is a gold mine on the base, you can get gold, and you can make various kinds of items at the item factory. However, in terms of disadvantages, all buildings take a long time to upgrade. Also, you won't be able to buy a silver box in gold.

Edited by Yukiya18_JPN (see edit history)

3 hours ago, WarrMachine said:

⚠️ Opinion Alert ⚠️ Base is not optimal for players without 3 or more completely maxed mechs. It was designed to slow the early game progress to an absolute crawl in attempt to draw out more purchases throughout a player’s progression. Although base can offer some great late game benefits including a chance for legendaries and afk gold earnings, the time and gold it takes to max out the base is a lot effort for new players.

That is totally believable considering the ridiculous price of offers and the terrible drop rates.

Thank you for your answer,it sure helps a lot.

4 hours ago, Corvus said:

Cons: takes time and gold to upgrad

I already have a really terrible gold management right now. I can barely manage to upgrade my items with the gold...do you still recommend enabling base?

2 hours ago, Yukiya18_JPN said:

Also, you won't be able to buy a silver box in gold.

Aww that sucks...

6 hours ago, bongcloudmagic said:

If you enable the base,you will need to grind.

If you disable the  base ,then you can just chill

Actually you grind either way, atleast with base you can get as many kits as you want, which makes upgrades way more ez, ok on my way to my third maxed item, lvl 49 now, but that's just my opinion y'all do what ya want, just know that if you do enable it and then decide you don't like it, your gonna be stuck with it for a while, base disable is a very slow process, some have waited months, by the time they already accepted it lol, but welp 

2 hours ago, Corvus said:

Actually you grind either way, atleast with base you can get as many kits as you want, which makes upgrades way more ez, ok on my way to my third maxed item, lvl 49 now, but that's just my opinion y'all do what ya want, just know that if you do enable it and then decide you don't like it, your gonna be stuck with it for a while, base disable is a very slow process, some have waited months, by the time they already accepted it lol, but welp 

I guess i will enable it after I max my first mech..that way i can at least lower my gold cost and can survive hard/insane campaign for better loot 

On 5/26/2022 at 5:40 PM, WarrMachine said:

I sat down with some top base users a few months back to try and figure out through which circumstance base is optimal. For context we worked under the assumption that the primary objective is to max myth items as fast as possible. 

TLDR is that using only the gold grinded from campaign, buying 5x silver boxes can achieve item upgrade speeds equal to or slightly below that of a maxed base. This came out to a maxed item approximately every 4-5 days depending on your grinding and upgrading efficiency. 

I’m consistently top 10 global with over 200 maxed items and never once have I regret keeping silver boxes. Other top players have used base to achieve similar success and swear by it. From my perspective all I ever see is people asking to have base disabled and complain about how bad the legendary drop rates are. For this reason I prefer to grind OD6 insane and spam my 5x silvers.

Im more for base side, and im not entirely sure that it slows down new players, crafting 4x common items as a starter can be very good, you have spare gold since you lvl up constantly to max out gold mines and hq (leave facotires lvl1). For late game kits are perfect for fast upgrades, and since you will want to use factories for crafting legys, common items are not so useful anymore, also, kits dont use inv space, something that we all lack

The only thing that's good from base is the following :
- Gold generation, you literally do nothing and get free gold, if you are an unactive player, this is a blessing, the only reason why you need base level 20
- Factory you will only need level 15 for express item maxing via manufacturing fusion kits
- Not in a hurry ? common with chance of rare also help if you want to save some gold

Maybe it's just me, but i do not trust and find the "chance of legendary" at level 20 factory's worth it, if you want a legendary, you literally craft it yourself with nearly less than half the price for one piece at the factory, or better yet, save for actual tokens and buy packs, the "Legendary from base" for me perhaps is just false hope at an overpriced price tag, the only thing you need from base is 4 gold mines at level 20 and 4 level 15 factories for your items maxing needs.

Edited by AionionWindWeaver (see edit history)

You can cure yourselves, all you need to escape the plague was to never embracing it to begin with, you are given that choice each time, i am not your cure to salvation, my wonderful relic of Mortal Pride, for you are your own infection, the helpless look on your faces is my favorite part for i have enjoyed it a thousand times already. - Herald Of The Ravens.
image.png.5dff7ff89f93332f7236848f92dc5c87.png

First that you need to understand is that there is not a right answer. The reason is simple, every player plays different according to their respective circumstances in their play time and ways. Understanding this part, then we can comment a bit.

Everyone so far does have the valid points and are real points and all are true. The issue is some details per case.

For example, WARR MACHINE one of the best players of this game been such smart player, he is a top farmer and a good on pvp numbers when play for it. He does earn gold faster than many around. He knows how to utilize with efficiency parts around and he is not a a clicking offers buy guy. 

We need to separate general players from smart players in their play plus a grinder/pvp guru. 

His comment is on the spot base on his test, and I did similar test for months. I created O.D FARM account to test BASE post been released and I kept OKI DOKI as silver box. 

His comment about the game switched to slow down progress is real but also in some ways benefit to some players.

It does not matter silver or BASE if you are not a good grinder but for not grinder base player regardless the reason might be, gold generator can help out but will cost at front and will slow down progress.

The big mistake of some players is to use BASE and max eating all.

I worked BASE in a balanced way to keep a constant speed simulating SILVER/BASE as dual progress comparing the gold accumulation between both acc simultaneously.

All comments posted are valid points as mentioned and useful according to your play time and your goal in the game.

We have to separate pay to win and free to play players mind set during development or general progress. 

Another factor it is how good it is your account granting stuff. For example. how often a silver box account grants rare parts vs the common parts and how often you click to get the option to get an epic in the 32,000-gold purchase. 

I partially developed BASE in my 2 accounts never completed when should be done long ago but I kept balance for the real need. If you are a heavy grinder like me. you can get all gold mine to L20 because the cost can be manageable and have 3 factories around at L2. The L2 will grant you the option for RARE. 

image.png.e7a78fe17aaccbe4a483ac7295919f26.png

You just need to use 2 factories or 1 factory and grind like I did, and you will preserve gold, enhance mechs one after another and then later when I was able to afford to level up a bit more then I increased to L15 for power kits but that takes time, and some players go to that level spending too much gold. L15 power kit is more suitable when you have some degree of power base in your mechs reason I recommend rare option if you are a grinder at the beginning with base activation. 

As you can see in my current O.D FARM incomplete BASE, rushing too much can harm more than help. It is a double edge progress option. You need to be smart to make move things in a smooth way. Do not confuse thinking I am a buyer to win player. Nope, I was top ranker in my 2 accounts or better say in my 8 accounts in the freeway. I decided later to buy items for family request in OKI and O.D. farm not in need so as example in O.D FARM I became top progressing the BASE properly balancing budget and leveling up parts granted by the game.

You can use both options and are close to similar result in the game but the fact that BASE slowdown from start it is real to some degree depending your luck on parts granted at silver box purchases and epic grants. If you check my O.D FARM progress page you can see the base progress itself since MAY18 2020 and regardless of purchases, the grinding is the basic of my play time with limited pvp and you can compare my OKI DOKI progress page and will see the basic progress post base activation and are close to similar.

image.thumb.png.5de0d9270abc9bd927f8c89db7d2a671.png

By the time of the BASE activation, the top players activated many of them really fast with tokens or by 4-6 months were ready. There is not a much to say from their parts because in the end they had power earning more gold than a newbie starting from scratch except those top that created their own new accounts for testing like I did with O.D. FARM account for BASE TEST. 

I will say, use silver if you want or use BASE if you want based on your play time and long-term goal or possible goal in this game. My goal is to make parts for fun. Some likes low inventory powerful parts; I like large inventory for test and funny idiotic things to do testing. 

My recommendation is to focus on your personal desire in this game and go for it. BASE or not BASE is up to you for your particular fun. 

If you are lazy so, then silver will click and presto with few golds farmed with 3 wins per day. 🤣

25 minutes ago, OKI DOKI said:

First that you need to understand is that there is not a right answer. The reason is simple, every player plays different according to their respective circumstances in their play time and ways. Understanding this part, then we can comment a bit.

Everyone so far does have the valid points and are real points and all are true. The issue is some details per case.

For example, WARR MACHINE one of the best players of this game been such smart player, he is a top farmer and a good on pvp numbers when play for it. He does earn gold faster than many around. He knows how to utilize with efficiency parts around and he is not a a clicking offers buy guy. 

We need to separate general players from smart players in their play plus a grinder/pvp guru. 

His comment is on the spot base on his test, and I did similar test for months. I created O.D FARM account to test BASE post been released and I kept OKI DOKI as silver box. 

His comment about the game switched to slow down progress is real but also in some ways benefit to some players.

It does not matter silver or BASE if you are not a good grinder but for not grinder base player regardless the reason might be, gold generator can help out but will cost at front and will slow down progress.

The big mistake of some players is to use BASE and max eating all.

I worked BASE in a balanced way to keep a constant speed simulating SILVER/BASE as dual progress comparing the gold accumulation between both acc simultaneously.

All comments posted are valid points as mentioned and useful according to your play time and your goal in the game.

We have to separate pay to win and free to play players mind set during development or general progress. 

Another factor it is how good it is your account granting stuff. For example. how often a silver box account grants rare parts vs the common parts and how often you click to get the option to get an epic in the 32,000-gold purchase. 

I partially developed BASE in my 2 accounts never completed when should be done long ago but I kept balance for the real need. If you are a heavy grinder like me. you can get all gold mine to L20 because the cost can be manageable and have 3 factories around at L2. The L2 will grant you the option for RARE. 

image.png.e7a78fe17aaccbe4a483ac7295919f26.png

You just need to use 2 factories or 1 factory and grind like I did, and you will preserve gold, enhance mechs one after another and then later when I was able to afford to level up a bit more then I increased to L15 for power kits but that takes time, and some players go to that level spending too much gold. L15 power kit is more suitable when you have some degree of power base in your mechs reason I recommend rare option if you are a grinder at the beginning with base activation. 

As you can see in my current O.D FARM incomplete BASE, rushing too much can harm more than help. It is a double edge progress option. You need to be smart to make move things in a smooth way. Do not confuse thinking I am a buyer to win player. Nope, I was top ranker in my 2 accounts or better say in my 8 accounts in the freeway. I decided later to buy items for family request in OKI and O.D. farm not in need so as example in O.D FARM I became top progressing the BASE properly balancing budget and leveling up parts granted by the game.

You can use both options and are close to similar result in the game but the fact that BASE slowdown from start it is real to some degree depending your luck on parts granted at silver box purchases and epic grants. If you check my O.D FARM progress page you can see the base progress itself since MAY18 2020 and regardless of purchases, the grinding is the basic of my play time with limited pvp and you can compare my OKI DOKI progress page and will see the basic progress post base activation and are close to similar.

image.thumb.png.5de0d9270abc9bd927f8c89db7d2a671.png

By the time of the BASE activation, the top players activated many of them really fast with tokens or by 4-6 months were ready. There is not a much to say from their parts because in the end they had power earning more gold than a newbie starting from scratch except those top that created their own new accounts for testing like I did with O.D. FARM account for BASE TEST. 

I will say, use silver if you want or use BASE if you want based on your play time and long-term goal or possible goal in this game. My goal is to make parts for fun. Some likes low inventory powerful parts; I like large inventory for test and funny idiotic things to do testing. 

My recommendation is to focus on your personal desire in this game and go for it. BASE or not BASE is up to you for your particular fun. 

If you are lazy so, then silver will click and presto with few golds farmed with 3 wins per day. 🤣

Thanks for the in-depth explanation.

I will think hard and come to a conclusion based on the advices everyone gave me.

6 hours ago, Marija said:

I am a pro base player and these are my base drop rates that I've been tracking in the past idk how long. Its your choice what you decide to use, my opinion is that base is more than worth the wait 🙂

Base drops.png

Seesh if the queen says so... I got no other choice,  do I? 

But I will still wait till I max my first mech 😆 

Thanks 

On 5/27/2022 at 4:02 PM, Sushi said:

I guess i will enable it after I max my first mech..that way i can at least lower my gold cost and can survive hard/insane campaign for better loot 

This is my excuse.