How's the new forum?

trophy345OBLITERATED

35 minutes ago, Alexander said:

How big is it? I do want old pictures to work on this one as well, I already raised the default px from 170 to 600 and the default size from 500kb to 2500, I can raise it a bit further (but not too much, or itll be a pain to load pages in areas with bad internet)

Around 3.5mb total

Уσᥙɾട ㆜ɾᥙɬყ

The forum is fine, but I´ve a problem ... when I open it with my laptop, everything is normal, but if I open it with my mobile it freezes and my mobile freezes, I´v to insist a lot to be able to restart.

I don't know if it's a forum problem or it could be a capacity problem, but I only have 62% of my memory occupied and I clear the cache 2 times a day. Connection problem? It could be, the laptop connection is faster than the mobile connection. But it doesn´t happen to me with other very heavy pages (such as social networks), it doesn´t happen to me with other forums or with the previous forum.

firma.jpg.5ad7ed7596a81f94ed0e4ad194f78bfb.jpg

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Nefertary Meriten-Mut said:

The forum is fine, but I´ve a problem ... when I open it with my laptop, everything is normal, but if I open it with my mobile it freezes and my mobile freezes, I´v to insist a lot to be able to restart.

I don't know if it's a forum problem or it could be a capacity problem, but I only have 62% of my memory occupied and I clear the cache 2 times a day. Connection problem? It could be, the laptop connection is faster than the mobile connection. But it doesn´t happen to me with other very heavy pages (such as social networks), it doesn´t happen to me with other forums or with the previous forum.

Mmm, that's very strange. Have you tried a different theme? The default theme (can change it on the bottom) is a fair bit lighter. This one is prettier but also takes up more from your phone's CPU.

On 12/20/2020 at 12:24 AM, Alexander said:

@HyakkimaruExperienced Pilots have a higher avatar limit and are decently achievable. 

Commanders have an insane one. 

Legends uh, they can put the Lord of the Rings on there probably.

Somehow did it by making detail lower in gif, I was using ultra hdd 

Уσᥙɾട ㆜ɾᥙɬყ

I got my own opinion about this new forum, i need to get used to it, It got good features like the rep. thing.

BUT for me, i prefer the first SM Forum, the simple and boxy fashion one, It was more simple and easier to go along. You also had Ranks depending of the number of posts, I wish that was here too. (ranks with pictures as sm ranks)

The only and the best. THE KIIRA. The rank 10 one.

Probably listening to Spanish Song

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Kiira said:

BUT for me, i prefer the first SM Forum, the simple and boxy fashion one, It was more simple and easier to go along. You also had Ranks depending of the number of posts, I wish that was here too. (ranks with pictures as sm ranks)

You do have ranks depending on numbers of post like the first one. They've never had SM pictures though... 

18 minutes ago, Killer gamer 22322 said:

Well my device is a bit small so everything is really hard to access......

How big is your device? tried switching between fluid and table mode?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Kiira said:

I mean this 

Oh, those are the BD ranks actually. SM specific ones arent in there, BD ones are 😛

Make a poll, if people really want it, ill add them probably. Depends a bit on how it looks.

3 minutes ago, Andypandy said:

I like the other one better honestly

Sorry to hear that. Could you elaborate why?

Note; Change is hard, you may get used to it over time 😃

Proposal to improve the aesthetics of forum and reflect its cosmopolitan character:

That the members who want to do so, send to the administrator a pic of the place where they live, be it a image of their city or region or a representative landscape of their country. That the administrator select the image and change the cover every day or every 2 days and place these pics as the cover, as they arrive.

firma.jpg.5ad7ed7596a81f94ed0e4ad194f78bfb.jpg

5 hours ago, Alexander said:

Oh, those are the BD ranks actually. SM specific ones arent in there, BD ones are 😛

Make a poll, if people really want it, ill add them probably. Depends a bit on how it looks

Oh well! aren't them the same ones? I'll do it.

The only and the best. THE KIIRA. The rank 10 one.

Probably listening to Spanish Song

Okay so here is the laundry list of what I find quite difficult to do / cannot do on this new forum:

- those hidden Summary things and how to work them... like what the heck is a CSS class?? I'm not nerdy enough, and I don't wanna open a can of worms by Googling that.

- figure out the Club topic/blog creation features

- select which level of following I want on a topic (like on the old forum, you can select whether you only want to know when a topic is replied to when you are mentioned, if someone replies, or maybe not be notified whatsoever [muting a topic], etc.)

- a friend's list

- stealth mode when browsing the forum without logging out

- a strike-through font modifier in the post editing section 😠

If any of these are already available (such as a forum tutorial or features that I just did not spot before making this, lmk)

Edited by trophy435 (see edit history)

resident shelf sitter