Super mechs's fate

Nolito2016

Question

Really hard to say that but the game is dying i have been playing this game since it was created I'm thinking of leaving it i don't want to see the game die in front of my eyes 

How long do you guys think the game will last?

Where's Alex ? What is he doing right now?

Edited by Nolito2016 (see edit history)

id give it a year until the next update, or rereloaded

no matter how many times the white knights in the discord tell us the game is not dying ("oh were just spreading out the player base for more efficient servers", "the population charts suggest that the playerbase counts have stayed quite the same for the past year", yadda yadda yadda) i can always tell by the top ranks leaderboards for looking at the true state of the game.

1 hour ago, Stefix5000 said:

people playing the campaign, fighting in the arena, making friends, clans, rivalries, upgrading their mechs, giving zero mind to whatever's happening in higher ranks.

this is a trivial response to deflect the real issues at hand. the "un-balance" (in the words of a few HTKs) of the "newest" additions to the game.

the meta is to this day still constantly changing. there really is no such thing as a meta in this game, as the "undefeatable" huggers from a year ago are few and far between, barely any of them do you see these days. people still play physical, heat, and energy, and different types of such builds, as if there never was a "best build" to begin with.

this is also a deliberate attempt to deflect the same issues stated above. yes people technically still play all the elements, but few have the inventory for that kind of versatility.

devs release balance changes to make all aspects of their game as equally good as eachother to the best of their abilities. see? I "put 2 and 2 together" for you! 

oh, they do???!! weird, since all these "aspects" aren't. go figure (you probably already know).

but in all seriousness, balancing a game is an incredibly difficult task, even with a large team, and gato's balance team is tiny compared to the modern standard. not only that but many of them are volunteers! so it's a tedious process to make sure every single item is balanced.

i think it's plain to see which items aren't balanced at all, even without having to go through thousands and thousands of simulations. it's there in the numbers.

gato released their first balance changes weeks/months after taking over, and now that it's been over a year since the obvious "un-balance", this is the excuse you put for the devs? boy i wish you the best holding out your hope. 

you said the game was dying, but you don't like old giants stepping down to make room for new top players? am I getting it right this time?

also, every single "above response" was a question... so no, you didn't answer anything.

again, putting words into my mouth. you're not going anywhere trying to run this narrative by me. like really, nowhere was this idea of "disliking ushering in the new gen" mentioned.

2 hours ago, Stefix5000 said:

it's only tangential if you didn't get the point, which you obviously didn't. I said you still had many many items to receive, upgrade, experiment with. 

also untrue. wow, its like people don't have alts in this game.

you still haven't gotten every item which has been added so far, and yet you want new ones? like, if you haven't gotten one meta item, what use do you have of them adding another, [...]

i've never asked for new items? where do you keep getting all these assumptions?

[...] since you'll still need to get it from a box, and you're equally as likely to get it as every single other meta item which you haven't already gotten.

a naive view of the drops, but ok.

new good item = you don't get it, others do, you keep whining / you get it, others also do, you lose because they have other good items, you keep whining;

new bad item = you get it instead of something good, you keep whining / you don't get it, you want a better one regardless, you keep whining.

clearly someone hasn't seen my thoughts on the ts forum.

but to address whatever this is, just because others get meta items, doesnt mean the item is balanced. your framing of this is just a blatant attempt of trying to discredit my arguments.

i've seen the power of the fortresses/dual mods. it feels dirty to me using it / getting beaten knowing the opponent carries them. call it "whining", idc. alex said he's gonna release e-m variants of the dual mods. yeah sure buddy.

hopefully he will keep stringing you along, like cattle to the slaughter, before pulling the plug (and plugging it in again)

On 5/18/2022 at 11:30 PM, Corvus said:

Now you say this to make yourself seem like the bigger man, but you know all to well you where arguing, otherwise you would not have ranted on for like 3 posts. Admit it, it's just basic human behaviour, disagreements often lead to arguments. We all do it.

i said that because i gave my opinion. its not that deep bro

also ive never said that it wasnt an argument? keep strawmanning, it suits ya

On 5/13/2022 at 4:58 AM, Stefix5000 said:

Top players are not the sole indication of a game's health. If anything they give the worst insight into the game's state. The noobs and midrank players are the true playerbase, and the bulk of it, at that.

what is the true state of the game then, if not stale metas and complacent devs? do you know why companies release balance changes? i'll let you put 2 and 2 together

You cannot reasonably expect people to play a game forever, and equally so you can't expect new people to not start playing the game either. Would you honestly prefer for there to only be 1-3 players fighting over first place? Or would you rather there be tons of new players getting a chance at, and competing for that same first place.

this is a reach at best, and definitely the worst assumption you could make from what i've said. also, see above response for your answer.

Lastly, I'm pretty sure I remember you being in rank 3, which means you still have a long way to go in both ranking up and accumulating items.

i stopped pushing for r2/1 a long time ago, but this is tangential to the point. just because i only push to rank 3, doesn't mean i can't tell whats really goin on.

There's the argument that adding new useless items would just bloat the list of acquirable items from pack even more, worsening the experience for newer players, but also adding new meta items would cause the same new players to have a harder time catching up because of their low chance of getting said items because of the already bloated set of possible items. Now, adding new good items could help the noobs get higher up if they got the items, yes; however, the counterargument to that is there are already a decent amount of such items that could help anyone get higher up in rank. So again, adding more of them would just most likely make the shopping list of necessary items even bigger.

again, tangential. this is just you arguing with yourself so i dont even know what youre on about here