Super mechs's fate

Nolito2016

Question

Really hard to say that but the game is dying i have been playing this game since it was created I'm thinking of leaving it i don't want to see the game die in front of my eyes 

How long do you guys think the game will last?

Where's Alex ? What is he doing right now?

Edited by Nolito2016 (see edit history)

any game really lasts for as long as its players continue playing it. a game does not need updates for people to continue playing it.

take any popular old single player game, like morrowind, heroes of might and magic, warcraft 3, assassin's creed, etc.

and even when it comes to multiplayer games, as long as you have servers running, updates aren't mandatory, like team fortress 2, space station 13, garry's mod, old world of warcraft expansions, dark souls, etc.

at the end of the day, the best way to motivate the developers to work further on the game and give you your damned life-changing updates would be to give them money.

as for alex. he's in the discord server spamming images and videos of small animated girls at folks who do not want to see them.

Edited by Stefix5000 (see edit history)

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotTrophy said:

this is a trivial response to deflect the real issues at hand. the "un-balance" (in the words of a few HTKs) of the "newest" additions to the game.

this is also a deliberate attempt to deflect the same issues stated above. yes people technically still play all the elements, but few have the inventory for that kind of versatility.

oh, they do???!! weird, since all these "aspects" aren't. go figure (you probably already know).

i think it's plain to see which items aren't balanced at all, even without having to go through thousands and thousands of simulations. it's there in the numbers.

gato released their first balance changes weeks/months after taking over, and now that it's been over a year since the obvious "un-balance", this is the excuse you put for the devs? boy i wish you the best holding out your hope. 

again, putting words into my mouth. you're not going anywhere trying to run this narrative by me. like really, nowhere was this idea of "disliking ushering in the new gen" mentioned.

also untrue. wow, its like people don't have alts in this game.

i've never asked for new items? where do you keep getting all these assumptions?

a naive view of the drops, but ok.

clearly someone hasn't seen my thoughts on the ts forum.

but to address whatever this is, just because others get meta items, doesnt mean the item is balanced. your framing of this is just a blatant attempt of trying to discredit my arguments.

i've seen the power of the fortresses/dual mods. it feels dirty to me using it / getting beaten knowing the opponent carries them. call it "whining", idc. alex said he's gonna release e-m variants of the dual mods. yeah sure buddy.

hopefully he will keep stringing you along, like cattle to the slaughter, before pulling the plug (and plugging it in again)

Sure bud you think that, whatever makes you happy.

3 hours ago, DefinitelyNotTrophy said:

i said that because i gave my opinion. its not that deep bro

also ive never said that it wasnt an argument? keep strawmanning, it suits ya

Why do you insist on fighting everyone?

Like chill bruv, it's much easier to not insult than you think, but if you can't change then I will be ignoring you

3 hours ago, Nolito2016 said:

Really hard to say that but the game is dying i have been playing this game since it was created I'm thinking of leaving it i don't want to see the game die in front of my eyes 

How long do you guys think the game will last?

Where's Alex ? What is he doing right now?

I don't think the game will fully die because, a few small hundred are still on. but it has lost quite a lot of players online then normal before and when you leave the game you will comeback to it for a while, later and then leave again. but even though the game became wack pain and had a even more boring feeling in the most random times it feels a bit fun to play.

I think if this game had remained in the hands of Tacticsoft, it may have been closer to losing alot more people, and perhaps closer to the brink, but I doubt it will ever truly die. I, myself, have taken breaks in the past, sometimes for a couple years, but I always seem to come back. 

As for Alex, and what Stefix5000 mentioned about him, that is a little concerning. An immature CEO, is not a good thing.

9 hours ago, DefinitelyNotTrophy said:

id give it a year until the next update, or rereloaded

no matter how many times the white knights in the discord tell us the game is not dying ("oh were just spreading out the player base for more efficient servers", "the population charts suggest that the playerbase counts have stayed quite the same for the past year", yadda yadda yadda) i can always tell by the top ranks leaderboards for looking at the true state of the game.

lmao

Population charts are most absolutely better at visualizing the actual state of the game than your "looking at the top ranks leaderboards".

Top players are not the sole indication of a game's health. If anything they give the worst insight into the game's state. The noobs and midrank players are the true playerbase, and the bulk of it, at that. Try staying at tier 1 throughout the entirety of the raid week, and you'll see a much better estimation of how many players there are than "looking at the leaderboards". You cannot reasonably expect people to play a game forever, and equally so you can't expect new people to not start playing the game either. Would you honestly prefer for there to only be 1-3 players fighting over first place? Or would you rather there be tons of new players getting a chance at, and competing for that same first place. I'm not saying it's any easier to get first place now than it used to. If anything I feel it's harder than ever before (but that's a discussion for another day).

Lastly, I'm pretty sure I remember you being in rank 3, which means you still have a long way to go in both ranking up and accumulating items. There's the argument that adding new useless items would just bloat the list of acquirable items from pack even more, worsening the experience for newer players, but also adding new meta items would cause the same new players to have a harder time catching up because of their low chance of getting said items because of the already bloated set of possible items. Now, adding new good items could help the noobs get higher up if they got the items, yes; however, the counterargument to that is there are already a decent amount of such items that could help anyone get higher up in rank. So again, adding more of them would just most likely make the shopping list of necessary items even bigger.

Edited by Stefix5000
typo (see edit history)

23 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotTrophy said:

what is the true state of the game then, if not stale metas and complacent devs? do you know why companies release balance changes? i'll let you put 2 and 2 together

people playing the campaign, fighting in the arena, making friends, clans, rivalries, upgrading their mechs, giving zero mind to whatever's happening in higher ranks.

the meta is to this day still constantly changing. there really is no such thing as a meta in this game, as the "undefeatable" huggers from a year ago are few and far between, barely any of them do you see these days. people still play physical, heat, and energy, and different types of such builds, as if there never was a "best build" to begin with.

devs release balance changes to make all aspects of their game as equally good as eachother to the best of their abilities. see? I "put 2 and 2 together" for you! it's not that hard, try harder next time. but in all seriousness, balancing a game is an incredibly difficult task, even with a large team, and gato's balance team is tiny compared to the modern standard. not only that but many of them are volunteers! so it's a tedious process to make sure every single item is balanced.

24 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotTrophy said:

this is a reach at best, and definitely the worst assumption you could make from what i've said. also, see above response for your answer.

you said the game was dying, but you don't like old giants stepping down to make room for new top players? am I getting it right this time?

also, every single "above response" was a question... so no, you didn't answer anything.

35 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotTrophy said:

i stopped pushing for r2/1 a long time ago, but this is tangential to the point. just because i only push to rank 3, doesn't mean i can't tell whats really goin on.

it's only tangential if you didn't get the point, which you obviously didn't. I said you still had many many items to receive, upgrade, experiment with. you still haven't gotten every item which has been added so far, and yet you want new ones? like, if you haven't gotten one meta item, what use do you have of them adding another, since you'll still need to get it from a box, and you're equally as likely to get it as every single other meta item which you haven't already gotten.

38 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotTrophy said:

again, tangential. this is just you arguing with yourself so i dont even know what youre on about here

indeed this is the first correct statement you've made, that was a tangent. unlike you, I've actually tried stopping to think for a single second before speaking, and pondered the options, consequences, and logistics. let me dumb it down for you since apparently you can't comprehend long strings of words:

new good item = you don't get it, others do, you keep whining / you get it, others also do, you lose because they have other good items, you keep whining;

new bad item = you get it instead of something good, you keep whining / you don't get it, you want a better one regardless, you keep whining.

but oh wait, it actually wasn't tangential at all, since it was directly related to everything I've said before, so I guess you're wrong yet again after all.

in the end, I agree that it has been an uncharacteristically long time since the last proper update, but instead of whining about it, I'll just continue playing the game (since there is still lots for me to do in it, even after getting rank 2, level 250, 3 quads, 5 ovps, 2 ceus, 2 sets of res forts, and 3 plates) and be hopeful that gato games has actually been working hard on giving us a decent update that takes time to develop, instead of a set of useless updates no one will get excited over, just to appease the loud minority of children who cannot go a day without a new lollypop flavor shoved into their mouths.

no hard feelings.

44 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotTrophy said:

that's the point of the original question asked

i gave my opinion, like duh

Now you say this to make yourself seem like the bigger man, but you know all to well you where arguing, otherwise you would not have ranted on for like 3 posts. Admit it, it's just basic human behaviour, disagreements often lead to arguments. We all do it.

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotTrophy said:

because you keep making irrelevant points that don't help your case? it's like if i was talking about apples and you then say "apples are the leading cause of monkey pox" or something totally uncorrelated to the topic.

you made your bed. you lie in it.

I wouldn't talk about irrelevant points if I where you, after all you're the one who started with the irrelevant points in you 4 posts to support an opinion, that is falling apart, its like trying to support a wall with a twig

5 hours ago, DefinitelyNotTrophy said:

elaborate

Forgot to put old Infront of wall, to support and old wall you need  a wooden structure like this ||\the two lines bieng the wall, do that with a twig and you're asking for trouble.

On 5/12/2022 at 7:54 AM, Stefix5000 said:

any game really lasts for as long as its players continue playing it. a game does not need updates for people to continue playing it.

take any popular old single player game, like morrowind, heroes of might and magic, warcraft 3, assassin's creed, etc.

and even when it comes to multiplayer games, as long as you have servers running, updates aren't mandatory, like team fortress 2, space station 13, garry's mod, old world of warcraft expansions, dark souls, etc.

at the end of the day, the best way to motivate the developers to work further on the game and give you your damned life-changing updates would be to give them money.

as for alex. he's in the discord server spamming images and videos of small animated girls at folks who do not want to see them.

Your right

16 hours ago, DefinitelyNotTrophy said:

this is a trivial response to deflect the real issues at hand. the "un-balance" (in the words of a few HTKs) of the "newest" additions to the game.

this is also a deliberate attempt to deflect the same issues stated above. yes people technically still play all the elements, but few have the inventory for that kind of versatility.

oh, they do???!! weird, since all these "aspects" aren't. go figure (you probably already know).

i think it's plain to see which items aren't balanced at all, even without having to go through thousands and thousands of simulations. it's there in the numbers.

gato released their first balance changes weeks/months after taking over, and now that it's been over a year since the obvious "un-balance", this is the excuse you put for the devs? boy i wish you the best holding out your hope. 

again, putting words into my mouth. you're not going anywhere trying to run this narrative by me. like really, nowhere was this idea of "disliking ushering in the new gen" mentioned.

also untrue. wow, its like people don't have alts in this game.

i've never asked for new items? where do you keep getting all these assumptions?

a naive view of the drops, but ok.

clearly someone hasn't seen my thoughts on the ts forum.

but to address whatever this is, just because others get meta items, doesnt mean the item is balanced. your framing of this is just a blatant attempt of trying to discredit my arguments.

i've seen the power of the fortresses/dual mods. it feels dirty to me using it / getting beaten knowing the opponent carries them. call it "whining", idc. alex said he's gonna release e-m variants of the dual mods. yeah sure buddy.

hopefully he will keep stringing you along, like cattle to the slaughter, before pulling the plug (and plugging it in again)

An entire ESSAY to prove your point. CALM DOWN.

On 5/21/2022 at 6:54 AM, Corvus said:

I wouldn't talk about irrelevant points if I where you, after all you're the one who started with the irrelevant points in you 4 posts to support an opinion, [...]

you can blame stefix for the numerous insinuations and false narratives to prompt my responses, but ok.

On 5/21/2022 at 6:54 AM, Corvus said:

that is falling apart, its like trying to support a wall with a twig

elaborate