Proposing a Rank 10 Lock (like Rank 5)

Should we add a rank 10 block, similar to rank 5?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should we add a rank 10 block, similar to rank 5?

All,

I'm opening up a recent topic of conversation on the Balance Team (or what's left of it) and a recent thread:

https://community.supermechs.com/topic/1768-the-rank-5-lock/#comment-22444

The conversation centers around increased protection against smurfs for lower (under 10) ranks.  I would propose that we add a rank 10 lock, similar to the current rank 5, so that it takes would-be smurfs 2 seasons, not 1, to drop in rank to reach those.  Please vote accordingly.

This should not prevent those who like to de-rank prior to top ranks 3v3, so that won't change.

As a side note, smurfing is not limited to just rank 10.  It's just that I think the majority of smurfing is under rank 10.  If it's been a while, try making an alt and then playing it for a week to a month.  Note all the smurfs.  I think this smurfing hurts the game and may cause players to quit.

But I say this noting that some people are smurfing in top ranks.  What they do is stay at rank 4-5, even though their account could reach 1-3, in order to get "easier wins."  This makes it a royal pain for someone who accidentally makes rank 5 before they're ready: now they're fighting people who should be rank 1-3 but are rank 5, and it takes them over an hour just to get their 5 daily wins.  I'm not going to call out names, but you know who you are.

So even though all smurfing can't be stopped, I think at least a rank 10 lock would help prevent people from smurfing the low ranks.

I would like to give credit to whoever on the "Balance Team" suggested this first.  I can't recall if it was @Lord Gorgon or @Kurt or who.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

I could not disagree with this idea more.

1 hour ago, SawzAll said:

But I say this noting that some people are smurfing in top ranks.  What they do is stay at rank 4-5, even though their account could reach 1-3, in order to get "easier wins."  This makes it a royal pain for someone who accidentally makes rank 5 before they're ready: now they're fighting people who should be rank 1-3 but are rank 5, and it takes them over an hour just to get their 5 daily wins.  I'm not going to call out names, but you know who you are.

This is exactly the problem, the rank 5 lock has INCREASED smurfing by tenfold.

I suggest removing the rank lock altogether and then the peeps who get "stuck" at rank 5 would no longer be the victims of high rank smurfs hanging at rank 4-5, getting beat around for 40 matches in a row. those losses would result in naturally going down ranks where they could actually compete again.

And peeps who don't like certain formats ( I hate 3vs3 and won't arena for the week if I get stuck there ) will not be stuck in that format. 

On 5/2/2022 at 6:47 PM, SawzAll said:

All,

I'm opening up a recent topic of conversation on the Balance Team (or what's left of it) and a recent thread:

https://community.supermechs.com/topic/1768-the-rank-5-lock/#comment-22444

The conversation centers around increased protection against smurfs for lower (under 10) ranks.  I would propose that we add a rank 10 lock, similar to the current rank 5, so that it takes would-be smurfs 2 seasons, not 1, to drop in rank to reach those.  Please vote accordingly.

This should not prevent those who like to de-rank prior to top ranks 3v3, so that won't change.

As a side note, smurfing is not limited to just rank 10.  It's just that I think the majority of smurfing is under rank 10.  If it's been a while, try making an alt and then playing it for a week to a month.  Note all the smurfs.  I think this smurfing hurts the game and may cause players to quit.

So even though all smurfing can't be stopped, I think at least a rank 10 lock would help prevent people from smurfing the low ranks.

I would like to give credit to whoever on the "Balance Team" suggested this first.  I can't recall if it was @Lord Gorgon or @Kurt or who.

If it wasn't because of getting  wins from clan,there will be a lot less smurfs.Rather than wins per battle maybe something else

I think it needs major rework thats for sure

Edited by bongcloudmagic
glitch (see edit history)

On 5/2/2022 at 9:27 PM, STARWULPH said:

I could not disagree with this idea more.

This is exactly the problem, the rank 5 lock has INCREASED smurfing by tenfold.

I suggest removing the rank lock altogether and then the peeps who get "stuck" at rank 5 would no longer be the victims of high rank smurfs hanging at rank 4-5, getting beat around for 40 matches in a row. those losses would result in naturally going down ranks where they could actually compete again.

And peeps who don't like certain formats ( I hate 3vs3 and won't arena for the week if I get stuck there ) will not be stuck in that format. 

If you remove the rank lock it would be even worse for low ranks bruv, tat would increase smurfing by thousandfold, cus then you'll have smurfs from rank 3-5 all the way down in Rank 15, making it completely impossible for new players to get any higher, and if you can't handle 3v3, you should grind more to get 3 stable mechs, and practice in said format, think about the low rankers before yourself.