Recategorize L-M items to be C-M

Fordekash

I think all "like items" that are currently have an C-M and E-M version should have the E-M version simply expanded to a C-M item.

For example all of the resistance models (original four modules prior to the new hybrids). There should only be one version of each model that ranges from Common to Mythical. other examples would include grappling hooks, teleports, blue madness, red wraith, supreme cannon, rapid destruction, storage units, etc..

This would most certainly expand the relevant inventory for most people while still maintaining "non like" L-M items such as scopes, torsos, claw and the new hybrid modules. It could also recued the  effect of less that  desired L-M drops (for example if you have 7 deliriums and no L-M resistance modules).

I feel the gap between those with and without L-M would exist however the gap would be much smaller than it is today. 

At the basis of my opinion (going off topic) is that the current META is not board enough to provide access to items to be competitive in Ranks 10-5 and certainly not 5-3. As a result I feel retention of players past the one year mark is low once the realization sets in on the ability to access L-M items. 

I guess I am just trying to stir up ideas that will increase the games player base and retention of players? 

There are a lot of e-m and l-m items that look like they could be a continuation of c-r and c-e items but aren't. It has always bugged me. However, I think that if linked only the c-r and e-m items should be. Premiums are meant to be rare, and if you can get one by upgrading from a common to a mythical, everyone would have platinum plating, spartan carnages, flamethrowers and premium resistance. 

I agree it would increase the amount of people with some items that control todays ranks (resistance modules and platinum plating). It would still leave the premium torsos, claw, new hybrid resistance modules, hybrid heat/cool modules, vandal snipers, desert snake type top weapons scopes, heat showers... you get the point.

I'm not sure how many people are in ranks 2-1 but I would imagine they would like some new competition. In ranks 5-3 I fight the same 40 people week after week, basically same builds week after week. there are a few interesting fights each week but basically you know who is going to win 85% of the time, as soon as you see the players name.  Its kind of like farming more than player vs player? 

No thanks.  To use your example, there are two separate tiers of resistance modules.  I like this because it allows lower ranking players to get resistance modules, as well as F2P.  This helps them compensate for either not having premium stuff yet, or not having received it.

I'm P2S (pay to support) and I've only gotten one L-M resistance module so far.  Three months and a significant amount of birthday and Christmas money spent (but I'm not complaining).

Guess what my mechs are still using when I play campaign missions?  Savior resistance modules.  (I'm going to fix this soon, but still....)  In the arena, only one of my mechs is equipped with a platinum plating module.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

9 minutes ago, Fordekash said:

Maybe my problem is that I don’t get the point of rarities? Care to drop some knowledge on me?

Premium items exist for a reason, to be a much better counterpart of no premium items. This would remove it almost completely. It'll be just like legacy.

Rarity tiers = $ for the developer.

Quite simply, you have to pay to get the best items.

If all the items were available to everyone, the whales wouldn't bother because they wouldn't have an advantage anymore.

Such is the nature of business. The dev needs money coming in to pay staff and keeping the servers going, so the tiering exists.

Sucks, but its reality.

Both solid points and thanks for sharing. I'm all for keeping the game alive by paying developers. I don't mind paying for rare items I just can't bring myself to spend my money to buy boxes in the current system. I'm guessing the business model works better for them than the legacy store where you got to choose what items you bought with money. 

Well, if the system works I'm just happy to still have a game to play. If the system ever changes to were I could just pay cash for the items I want I'll break out the wallet for sure! I spent a decent amount of money in the legacy store and certainly was much more competitive in the arena back then. 

9 minutes ago, Fordekash said:

If the system ever changes to were I could just pay cash for the items I want I'll break out the wallet for sure

Or do what I do: do the $5/month subscription.  Then save up your tokens.  It's a steal: 750ish tokens for $5/month, just that they come 25 x day.  Wait for the deal you want, then grab it.

Honestly I wish there was a $10/month option.  I'd subscribe to that if it was possible.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

I have been looking at that $5/month deal it does look pretty sweet. When you say “the deal” are you referring to the “drop rate increased” events?

I do have 6k tokens save up but am holding out for resistance modules.

Also do you think next month when the TS events run out that gato will have some good deals?

On 1/6/2021 at 1:52 AM, MasterChief said:

i just want the NE(night eagle) droprates upgraded.

We aren't the only two desperate about it

On 1/6/2021 at 1:28 AM, armedmech12345 said:

we should stick to the e-m l-m c-m 

The reason for this is to have cash carrots.

Ignoring the need to get cash, I think we still need to differentiate primary weapons (e.g. spartan carnage line, sword line) from those secondary weapons (e.g. explosive retreat)

so we will have C-Ds, R-Ds, and E-Ds. Game balance wise, that's the best -- everyone can get what they wanted.

The downside, of course, is that the staff won't get any cash flowing into their pocket. And they need it to happen, because they need to run the server and they need to feed themselves.

Edited by CDR_Xavier
fixed content (see edit history)

It's a FLASH GAME. At least, it once were.

Get over it

I would probably want a few e-m items get their c-r item made transformable. Such as annihialation. (excuse my spelling) I feel like a few items that are very rare in top ranks nowadays, but handy for mid ranks, should have their lower tiers morphed together, to make it slightly easier to go from absolute Rock bottom, to somewhat mid ranks, slightly faster.