error19031

is Archimonde need buff?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. is Archimonde need buff?

2. 2. if Archimonde needs buff or nerf, than how much

• buff (100 - 200 hp)
    • nerf (the ansfer in the comments)
    • don't do nothing

Я считаю, что этот торс требует баффа в хп, у него много сопротивления и всего остального, но у него меньше хп даже, чем у наги.

Характеристики Архимонда (WU)

bandicam 2021-01-04 20-50-40-784.jpg

Edited by error19031 (see edit history)

See, told you.  Once you buff one torso, fans of the other torsos start asking for a buff.

It's a never-ending vicious circle.

Statistically, my math says a HP buff of 115.  (Insert limitations of statistical method here.)

With all due respect,  I remember complaining that I hated how the monkey torsos looked, but I stopped upgrading my Grim Reaper and Zarkares and switched because I wanted to improve my mechs.  If they turn around and buff other torsos, it's like all my hard work and time spent asking questions and researching amounted to nothing.

I just don't support any more buffs.  

If you buff any torso, you essentially nerf all other torsos, which pisses players off.  Then the "buff Avenger" and "buff Sith" threads start and the cycle repeats.

Again, not trying to be disrespectful.  I'm not saying everyone is complaining.  I just don't support any further buffs to any item.  With all due respect, the malice beam buff broke the rarity concept: now malice, an R-M, drains more than hysteria, which is E-M.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

On 1/10/2021 at 4:21 AM, SawzAll said:

See, told you.  Once you buff one torso, fans of the other torsos start asking for a buff.

Statistically, my math says a HP buff of 115.  (Insert limitations of statistical method here.)

With all due respect,  I remember complaining that I hated how the monkey torsos looked, but I stopped upgrading my Grim Reaper and Zarkares and switched because I wanted to improve my mechs.  If they turn around and buff other torsos, it's like all my hard work and time spent asking questions and researching amounted to nothing.

If you buff any torso, you essentially nerf all other torsos, which pisses players off.  Then the "buff Avenger" and "buff Sith" threads start and the cycle repeats.

Again, not trying to be disrespectful.  I'm not saying everyone is complaining.  I just don't support any further buffs to any item.  With all due respect, the malice beam buff broke the rarity concept: now malice, an R-M, drains more than hysteria, which is E-M.

Malice drains more en than Mortal which is a L-D :]

Just now, Ad1tya said:

Malice drains more en than Mortal which is a L-D :]

We are talking about stupid equal stats torso(Archimonde) and should it be buff or not and probability yes bc it too weak at hp and have not enough heat/energy cap, and down it resist to 30 not 31

anyways, it won't make it bad

Hcaptcha scam

Ahh nevermind just realized

Dont buff it

Stats are really really brilliant

The torso is like, you need to sacrifice your hp of you want high stats 

Comparing archimonde stats to HSA 

Archimonde :

Energy Capacity: 265 Energy Regeneration: 76 Heat Capacity: 265 Cooling: 76 Physical Resistance: 22 Explosive Resistance: 22 Electric Resistance: 22

Energy Capacity: 241 Energy Regeneration: 80 Heat Capacity: 241 Cooling: 80

Every torso has its own purpose

In my opinion, Archimonde is the best hybrid build torso

7 minutes ago, Ad1tya said:

Dont buff it

Stats are really really brilliant

I would like to object. Archimonde indeed needs a buff. On paper, it has some really solid stats, especially for rounded mech standards. However, its hit points is far too low given how weighty it is. Which is why nobody uses it, very heavy and little HP. Either way, both HSA and Archimonde are horrible torsos, imo anyway. But I would far rather use HSA over the torso in question. 

Best thing to do is just give it some bump with its hit points. 🙂 

On 1/9/2021 at 11:51 PM, SawzAll said:

Well that's incredibly selfish, this torso is an L-M which is completely useless, and the reason you don't want a buff is because "you worked on other torsos, so buffing this would make your previous work less useful". So you would sacrifice any evolution to the meta of the game so you can avoid losing your precious work. I play monkey on all my builds, and they are still insanely strong, making all L-M torsos similarly strong would make sense to encourage more versatility in the game.

Any buff to one item, will indirectly nerf another. But think of it this way, either you buff the L-M torsos to all be relevant such as LPV and MPV which were maybe over-buffed. Or you have to nerf the Armours because I don't think the goal of supermechs is: "either you have armour, or you don't and if you don't you lose" and besides Ivar still plays armours and is second.

I made another thread on Archimonde already. I proposed buffing HP, and changing the stats to make this the opposite of the Battery Armours, meaning high regen/cooling and low stats. However a buff to HP would also be great, and would help to make this torso useful again.

I literally pulled an MPV from r3 box, and from the other r3 box I opened, I puleld plat fortress, so its holy sry whiteout

5 hours ago, Ad1tya said:

Back to where we started 

100-200 HP buff

100-150 hp buff not 200, it's too high for an equal heat/energy torso

6 hours ago, Bluz said:

I would like to object. Archimonde indeed needs a buff. On paper, it has some really solid stats, especially for rounded mech standards. However, its hit points is far too low given how weighty it is. Which is why nobody uses it, very heavy and little HP. Either way, both HSA and Archimonde are horrible torsos, imo anyway. But I would far rather use HSA over the torso in question. 

Best thing to do is just give it some bump with its hit points. 🙂 

HSA is not bad like you think actually, it still good because some top ranks are using it(i mean a lot but FHA and REA is more than it)

Hcaptcha scam

5 hours ago, Tirreggregars said:

Well that's incredibly selfish, this torso is an L-M which is completely useless, and the reason you don't want a buff is because "you worked on other torsos, so buffing this would make your previous work less useful". So you would sacrifice any evolution to the meta of the game so you can avoid losing your precious work. I play monkey on all my builds, and they are still insanely strong, making all L-M torsos similarly strong would make sense to encourage more versatility in the game.

Any buff to one item, will indirectly nerf another. But think of it this way, either you buff the L-M torsos to all be relevant such as LPV and MPV which were maybe over-buffed. Or you have to nerf the Armours because I don't think the goal of supermechs is: "either you have armour, or you don't and if you don't you lose" and besides Ivar still plays armours and is second.

I made another thread on Archimonde already. I proposed buffing HP, and changing the stats to make this the opposite of the Battery Armours, meaning high regen/cooling and low stats. However a buff to HP would also be great, and would help to make this torso useful again.

Not really.  It's serving the community by preventing this from turning into "if you complain enough, long enough, loud enough, eventually you'll get what you want."  When you realize, as you gain rank, that Archimonde, or in my case, Grim Reaper, is not the best torso, you can either ignore that and buff your Archimonde and complain in the forum until they buff it.

Or you can switch to a better torso and stop wasting upgrade time and resources on it.

Now there are other options than just the monkey torsos.

Game META doesn't necessarily need to evolve, nor does it only evolve by buffing weaker torsos.  It can also evolve with new items, so your assertion that the "only" way META can evolve is by buffing other torsos is not really true.

The goal of SM was never "either you have monkey torso or you lose."  I lose to people with all kinds of torsos at arena rank 10/11.  And now the Lightning Platinum Vest and Windigo are viable.  Last I checked, CleverName was busy testing a heat hugger config with Molten Platinum Vest.  (That may have changed by now.)

Archimonde is still useful, so I don't see this as "not being useful."  I compare it to sports cars.  Can all sports cars be an SSC Tuatara and have the top land speed record of 316?  Should trucks and vans be upgraded so they can post the same land speed record numbers?  Of course not.  The Tuatara is probably engineered for straight line speed.  This is why, in road races, BMWs and cars with better handling tend to beat cars that are made only for straight line speed.

But it's not like people can't get a monkey torso from a premium pack, so the underlying implication that's being made, that no one can get a monkey torso, is absolutely false.  You can, it just depends on how long it takes (saving tokens, premium pack luck, fortune box luck).  I just got the new basalt annihilator from a fortune box.  The game isn't stacked against anyone until/unless they get a monkey torso.

I am not angry or upset, and I am not trying to be rude or inconsiderate.  But if you have the right to keep flogging posts like this where you want to buff torsos, I have an equal right to politely disagree.  I mean no one any ill will.

1 hour ago, nightmarefreddy said:

HSA is not bad like you think actually, it still good because some top ranks are using it(i mean a lot but FHA and REA is more than it)

I agree here.  IF there was a torso I would be willing to buff (which there probably isn't, given how people are behaving) it would be HSA, and only to make it equal to the other monkey torsos.  And that's due to game philosophy, not META or any specific need.  Note in CleverName's META there aren't any HSAs.

4 hours ago, SawzAll said:

Not really.  It's serving the community by preventing this from turning into "if you complain enough, long enough, loud enough, eventually you'll get what you want."  When you realize, as you gain rank, that Archimonde, or in my case, Grim Reaper, is not the best torso, you can either ignore that and buff your Archimonde and complain in the forum until they buff it.

Or you can switch to a better torso and stop wasting upgrade time and resources on it.

Now there are other options than just the monkey torsos.

Game META doesn't necessarily need to evolve, nor does it only evolve by buffing weaker torsos.  It can also evolve with new items, so your assertion that the "only" way META can evolve is by buffing other torsos is not really true.

The goal of SM was never "either you have monkey torso or you lose."  I lose to people with all kinds of torsos at arena rank 10/11.  And now the Lightning Platinum Vest and Windigo are viable.  Last I checked, CleverName was busy testing a heat hugger config with Molten Platinum Vest.  (That may have changed by now.)

Archimonde is still useful, so I don't see this as "not being useful."  I compare it to sports cars.  Can all sports cars be an SSC Tuatara and have the top land speed record of 316?  Should trucks and vans be upgraded so they can post the same land speed record numbers?  Of course not.  The Tuatara is probably engineered for straight line speed.  This is why, in road races, BMWs and cars with better handling tend to beat cars that are made only for straight line speed.

But it's not like people can't get a monkey torso from a premium pack, so the underlying implication that's being made, that no one can get a monkey torso, is absolutely false.  You can, it just depends on how long it takes (saving tokens, premium pack luck, fortune box luck).  I just got the new basalt annihilator from a fortune box.  The game isn't stacked against anyone until/unless they get a monkey torso.

I am not angry or upset, and I am not trying to be rude or inconsiderate.  But if you have the right to keep flogging posts like this where you want to buff torsos, I have an equal right to politely disagree.  I mean no one any ill will.

The fact remains that with the exception of Lord Gorgon, the only torsos in the top 10 being used are Monkeys and Vests, note both are L-M, so why should Archimonde be much worse than its other L-M brothers? Also I play triple Monkey just FYI.

I literally pulled an MPV from r3 box, and from the other r3 box I opened, I puleld plat fortress, so its holy sry whiteout

19 hours ago, Tirreggregars said:

The fact remains that with the exception of Lord Gorgon, the only torsos in the top 10 being used are Monkeys and Vests, note both are L-M, so why should Archimonde be much worse than its other L-M brothers? Also I play triple Monkey just FYI.

So because LG uses it, it's in the top 10, so that sort of weakens your argument.

There's no reason Archimonde should be equal to monkeys and vests, that I know of.

The problem is you and I are not rank 1, so we can't know if Archimonde is being used in rank 1 battles.  But you can ask CleverName: he has an "ask me anything" thread elsewhere.

META is the most effective tactics available, so pointing to the META isn't really a good or conclusive argument.  You can to into WU and take the same META configs (which aren't intended to be cookie cutter configs or cook book types that I know of) and try stacking (for example) a Naga torso with enough platinum plates to make it more or less equal in stats to other meta configs and then battle them out and see that often some of the top torsos aren't really the "only" possibility.  I think it's more that most players aren't going to have 8 platinum plates lying around.

When you start to see that sometimes it's really who goes first, rather than who has the perfect META mech, by simulating things in WU, you start to see what I mean.

And given that buffs can become a vicious circle, that's why I'm saying I don't see how a buff to Archimonde is necessary.  But feel free to disagree with me.