Hollow Spectral Armor: Buff

SawzAll

Buff Hollow Spectral to 1755 HP?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should Hollow Spectral Armor be buffed to put it on equal footing with the other monkey torsos?

• HSA needs a buff
    • HSA is fine
    • HSA needs a nerf (the opposite)
  2. 2. How much of a buff?

• No buff: leave it alone
    • No buff: instead, nerf it (make it weaker)
    • Buff to 1755 hit points as recommended (divine level)
    • Buff the hit points, but not that much.
    • Buff it in some other way (please reply)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/11/2021 at 08:45 PM

It seems normal in the philosophy of this game to make the physical version of any item (when it's an item that has heat, energy, and physical versions) have more damage or hit points than the others because it lacks energy and/or heat damage.  I say usually.

Given the recent torso buffs, something has become a bit more painfully obvious: hollow spectral armor isn't in the META and is now lagging behind (statistically) other torsos.

I therefore recommend that to fix what appears to be a long-standing oversight, buff Hollow Spectral Armor to 1755 hit points, leaving all other stats alone.  This should statistically put it on equal footing with the other "monkey" torsos.  I do not own one, so I am not recommending this for my own benefit, but to fix what appears to be a philosophical discrepancy.

image.thumb.png.6afd8b87ce1aeba47241e597b71e5a3f.png

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

46 minutes ago, Shoultz262 said:

You still see it in top ranks, do you not? And does everything has to be meta? I could argue that emp isn't meta and needs a buff as well if you go by that.

True, but I'm more pointing to the fact that because there are other types of monkey torsos, and yet those (rather than HSA) make it into META because they have more hit points, I think it's worth an evaluation.  But feel free to disagree with me.

I have no clue if it's seen in top ranks because I'm not top rank 🙂 

In general ...rounder torsos and ROUNDER MECHS needs a buff  .
The result of the recent balance was  heat mechs to have buff due to 160-180 phys resistance  .
From the other hand phys counters (meta)  had a sacrifice of 300hps and a buff of 80 phys resist .

In conclussion ...rounder mechs especially physicals are weaker as ever before !
Because before 3 years they had disadvantage to  the top heats ....
the recent months to the phys metas ...
And right now  from both !

I think the point of the balance get missunderstooded !!!
Instead of boost  the rounder mechs strategy , buffed the old  op heat , the meta phys ,
and made the rounders even weaker ! @SawzAll helppp !!!!

I am afraid that torsos will need and energy/heat stats balance !!!

I m really dissapointed realising that the balance team doesnt go on the right path !
The whole they are doing is keep the old OP / ''p2w'' heat players satisfied .
And not really support the rounder square and fair character that arena should have .

Edited by TALΩS (see edit history)

" Socializing with people alters a person's character... especially when one does not have a character. "

1 hour ago, TALΩS said:

The whole they are doing is keep the old OP / ''p2w'' heat players satisfied .

With all due respect, programmers have bills to pay and families to feed.  I have no problem with "P2W" being slightly stronger than "F2P."

And I'm sick of "P2W."  There should be a third group of people: "P2S" or "pay to support."  Surely spending only $5/month isn't paying to win.  (If that were true, WHERE IS MY WIN?!?! LOL)  It's about supporting something you love.

No one complains about people paying to not see ads on Crunchy Roll, that I am aware of.  Paying just a little to support a game you like isn't "pay to win."

3 minutes ago, nightmarefreddy said:

nah look clevername, he win mostly of battle

He would be an example of pay to win because he spent a very significant amount of money on it.

I'm just a $5/month subscriber, I'm no "pay to win."  That's why I don't like people throwing around "P2W" just because someone spends a cent on SM.

18 minutes ago, nightmarefreddy said:

spend money to get a rank that it lower than rank 5 XD

I've been playing for like 3 months, bro.  The only way I would've gotten to rank 10/11 faster is if I had paid a metric krap ton of money.  But even if I did, so what?

You're just trolling bro.  Put down the hateraide 🙂 

hateraide_boltlogo1.jpg.027a352a4a792115c0e087eac532ca74.jpg

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

58 minutes ago, nightmarefreddy said:

kk

so why ur talking about hsa when u have rea

This is about the philosophy of the game.  All other weapons and items which fit into each of the elements (physical, explosive, energy) tend to make the physical version higher in damage (or hit points) because they have less energy/heat damage or less energy/heat capacity/regen/cooling.

Therefore I think, in the spirit of how the elements and items that span all three work, HSA should get a buff of hit points.  This is reflected in META: usually builds don't use HSA but they use FHA or REA because those have more hitpoints.

Reckless does more physical damage than Hysteria and Savagery.

Yet HSA has less hit points.

well, i for one have 2 of the armors, and i personally think that the rusty energy armor is the best, with the heat one in close second, so i do agree that it needs a buff, as i do not see many players using those torsos. the only gorilla torsos that i see are the rusty energy armor and the fractured heat armor

One Mech to rule them all

2 hours ago, SawzAll said:

With all due respect, programmers have bills to pay and families to feed.  I have no problem with "P2W" being slightly stronger than "F2P."

And I'm sick of "P2W."  There should be a third group of people: "P2S" or "pay to support."  Surely spending only $5/month isn't paying to win.  (If that were true, WHERE IS MY WIN?!?! LOL)  It's about supporting something you love.

No one complains about people paying to not see ads on Crunchy Roll, that I am aware of.  Paying just a little to support a game you like isn't "pay to win."

Sawz 🙂 I dont have problem  gato to keep the 10 phys meta players as well....I dont have problem to bring the old heat players as well ....BUT I have problem whne this is happening  against other free to play players .

The resent balance it wasnt a small advantage ...

Heats used to have 90 phys resist ....now they theoritically can have 160-180 resists .....this equals with more than 600 heatpoints more against physicals on a 3 rounds arena battle .

This equals with at least 2 plats ...minus the 300 hps that they lost due to lesser hps of MPV ...means they have 1-2 plats advantage against the meta physicals ...add and the heat buff of the drones ....and their potential as heats in general 

DO you know what that means ? it means a fair in general game against phys meta counters 
and at the same time a huuugeeee advantage towards roudner physicals .

Rounder physicals was playing against 90 resist heats and now they play against the double resist heats ! 
With double resist energies as  well ( but for energies i cant say something because I dont really play it much )

The recent ''balance'' was rounder physical mechs grave !
And you know rounder phys might not pay so much the game but they pay as well !

Edited by TALΩS (see edit history)

" Socializing with people alters a person's character... especially when one does not have a character. "

35 minutes ago, TALΩS said:

The recent ''balance'' was rounder physical mechs grave !
And you know rounder phys might not pay so much the game but they pay as well !

I don't disagree with you in some ways because I think the most recent torso buffs were a bit too much.

But I can't agree or disagree because I'm not ranks 1-5 yet.

Just now, MasterChief said:

@SawzAll how do you have that quote at the bottom?

I reply and delete the parts of your quote I don't need.

Just now, MasterChief said:

@SawzAll how do you energy break your oppoents?

With a weapon so hysterically full of malice it's unbelievable 😄 

1 minute ago, MasterChief said:

uhh @SawzAll i didnt say that second quote

also, i meant the "play stupid games win stupid prizes" thing

I know, i was showing that if you quote, you can edit the quote.

The play stupid games thing is a signature option in your profile, I believe.