For gods sake - (legacy rant)

Atomus

This post is going to be nothing short of a disaster, regarding legacy SM. I originally thought about putting it in spam but it still is in regards to supermechs in general

so be warned - some stuff might piss off people and im sorry if it does

So as someone whos played supermechs for most of my life..My childhood consisted of playing simplistic flash games on kongregate and ninja kiwi, (as id imagine many other people on this forum used to do too) supermechs reloaded PISSES me off. The moment i saw the update coming I already knew wtf was going to happen, as im sure a lot of people also had very similar reactions to mine, I BASICALLY CRIED. My childhood was going to be no more?! No..I had hoped it wasn't going to be true, I had hoped that legacy items wouldn't be COMPLETELY shit stomped past the point of usefulness, BUT NO IT DID.  It was a stab to the heart when i came to the realization that supermechs legacy would be no more. So as like....50% of the community did, i stopped playing altogether, why in the blood soaked protestant hell would I want to continue to play a game that kicked mine and MANY others' progress to the side? We didnt even have a chance (and to my knowledge, we STILL dont), to play on old legacy servers after the shit was "reloaded". Of course some games do need to be reloaded, but not supermechs! This reload slipped past the chamber and lodged into the barrel, causing serious personal injury to everyones progress. If I could go back in time just to play one game of legacy, I would, I would restart my life just to play legacy, seriously! This game gave me the most fun i could've ever imagined as a kid, when i was little i'd bring out my toy guns and pretend to be "the epic supermech man". THEN RELOADED WENT BRR. And at the end of all of it we have to suck it up and say "oh well"...?

fair enough.

The overarching goal of this post is to ask a question in the most confrontational way possible...

Why?!

Why was reloaded necessary? 

Who's idea was it to do a 'clean slate' update?

Just...why?

Edited by Atomus (see edit history)

this argument isn't original, the answer to your question has been given many times.

legacy sucked

skill didn't matter since anyone could get rank 1 within a week

legacy was more of a beta for supermechs, it was there to test out mechanics, see what works and what doesn't

legacy was more pay to win than reloaded is since in legacy you literally couldn't get mythicals without spending real money

just because your old legacy items are no longer viable, you should consider yourself lucky you even still have them, mine were gone for good. not that I care, to be frank, since they wouldn't do me any good anyways.

reloaded was a chance for truly skilled players to again outmatch the noobs, it was a soft reset.

it is, in the end, pretty childish to assume the world revolves around you, and that the end of legacy is such a terrible horrible thing to happen in your life, as if it wasn't just a game. you say you've played supermechs for most of your life, which makes me assume you must be an adult by now. if so, act like one, otherwise, find another hobby to obsess over and continue putting yourself into this loop of setting yourself up for disappointment. times change, you either learn to live with change, or you get tossed to the side as another doomsayer nagging at people who are too busy to listen to you, as they are continuing to enjoy the same game they've loved for years already.

1 hour ago, Stefix5000 said:

this argument isn't original, the answer to your question has been given many times.

legacy sucked

skill didn't matter since anyone could get rank 1 within a week

legacy was more of a beta for supermechs, it was there to test out mechanics, see what works and what doesn't

legacy was more pay to win than reloaded is since in legacy you literally couldn't get mythicals without spending real money

just because your old legacy items are no longer viable, you should consider yourself lucky you even still have them, mine were gone for good. not that I care, to be frank, since they wouldn't do me any good anyways.

reloaded was a chance for truly skilled players to again outmatch the noobs, it was a soft reset.

it is, in the end, pretty childish to assume the world revolves around you, and that the end of legacy is such a terrible horrible thing to happen in your life, as if it wasn't just a game. you say you've played supermechs for most of your life, which makes me assume you must be an adult by now. if so, act like one, otherwise, find another hobby to obsess over and continue putting yourself into this loop of setting yourself up for disappointment. times change, you either learn to live with change, or you get tossed to the side as another doomsayer nagging at people who are too busy to listen to you, as they are continuing to enjoy the same game they've loved for years already.

felt. Intention wasnt to assume the world did revolve around me, just thought it'd be nice to remember legacy as i didnt have an answer as to why they rebooted it in the first place.

the few memories i had during legacy's final weeks was it was very easy to obtain a mythical item with the tokens you were given from the start. If you didnt get a mythical within that first pack, it would be very diffucult to navigate yourself through ladder matches considering you'd be facing enemies who already got lucky and have atleast 1 mythical. So that always bothered me, so dont think i dont understand where you're coming from

Only reason i dont like reloaded is simply because i feel like they could've done something else instead of a complete refresh, yknow? And due to the lack of context I was given up until this point, the true reason legacy was cancelled, it really annoyed me. I was never in a community or forum until afterwards, so everything leading up to legacy's end was completely unknown to me

Edited by Atomus (see edit history)