Anti-Boosting Pledge

SawzAll

In light of recent events, I have heard others speaking about this, and I have also approached various clan members about it.

This post is for those who would like to pledge never to boost.  So if you agree, please reply saying you agree.  If you want to pledge your clan (clan leaders), you can also do that.

I'll start us off.

I pledge never to boost, and I have made this a rule in my clan, N0ble Warriors.

LONG STORY:

I realize this may not stop boosting, as there are people out there playing hacked and/or stolen accounts.

I realize this may be similar to the nuclear cold war, in that everyone has nukes and no one wants to give them all up because they're afraid the other countries won't give them up.

But I think it's a good start.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

boosting it is the action of players between players or themself helping another account to increase AP "arena points" losing to let the other win and get medals or else. 

Now, there is a huge gap and connotations about this. Many players play for fun, and test like me. For example, tons of players always ask me for wins because are close for a rank or too weak to recover back and get a lucky possibility for a higher rank box. Because I am not an AP player, I give tons of free wins. Today I gave like 5-6. I wanted to move rank fast but my mech was more powerful at my start point for match set up of those crossing to R5. 

Sure, it is inverse issue, half of the time I will start and right on the spot I get into R1 mind set killing everyone and me not been in mind set for those attack, they wipe my butt easy. 

When I am in my mind set of tests that it is 70-80% of my plays, my losses are heavy. It can be interpreted if I get into my peers let say like now been solo at OKI and walk away to not fight them and give the win so the clan can get the win and get the weekly goal assuming then it is boosting wins but if they were ranking up AP will be boosting AP for medal possibility. 

I play at different rank levels, and everyone ask for wins. That include R1 top killers as R11 trying to reach R1O and box for first time or the entire season to finally get it. 

Another possibility can be assumed for people with more than one account. I can use my OKI DOKI not in clan and help boost my O.D FARM in current clan or clan to clans supports. 

Like I said, boosting it is matter of ethic at play to play fair and square against each other win or lose but since it is a game, there are many players focus on different things in the game as fun thing or play different game. My fun is to make parts and farm gold to level them up when actually I have money to not go in that direction. 

When people talk about boosting, it should be careful because it is a double edge matter between the pilot's population around. 

Sure, the base of the pledge is to avoid players to help other players losing to give wins and increase AP for the clan and get medals generally speaking. 

I do not boost anyone but sure I give wins to a hell a lot of all rank players and if was not for that I can be a faster R1 if played for it. Let say when I was playing serious by the time, I was 15-25 wins I was R1, and some others do it a bit faster. 

You play as you feel giving or hit hard regardless weakness of the opponent. 

I hope this help to understand a bit. 

12 minutes ago, OKI DOKI said:

boosting it is the action of players between players or themself helping another account to increase AP "arena points" losing to let the other win and get medals or else. 

Now, there is a huge gap and connotations about this. Many players play for fun, and test like me. For example, tons of players always ask me for wins because are close for a rank or too weak to recover back and get a lucky possibility for a higher rank box. Because I am not an AP player, I give tons of free wins. Today I gave like 5-6. I wanted to move rank fast but my mech was more powerful at my start point for match set up of those crossing to R5. 

Sure, it is inverse issue, half of the time I will start and right on the spot I get into R1 mind set killing everyone and me not been in mind set for those attack, they wipe my butt easy. 

When I am in my mind set of tests that it is 70-80% of my plays, my losses are heavy. It can be interpreted if I get into my peers let say like now been solo at OKI and walk away to not fight them and give the win so the clan can get the win and get the weekly goal assuming then it is boosting wins but if they were ranking up AP will be boosting AP for medal possibility. 

I play at different rank levels, and everyone ask for wins. That include R1 top killers as R11 trying to reach R1O and box for first time or the entire season to finally get it. 

Another possibility can be assumed for people with more than one account. I can use my OKI DOKI not in clan and help boost my O.D FARM in current clan or clan to clans supports. 

Like I said, boosting it is matter of ethic at play to play fair and square against each other win or lose but since it is a game, there are many players focus on different things in the game as fun thing or play different game. My fun is to make parts and farm gold to level them up when actually I have money to not go in that direction. 

When people talk about boosting, it should be careful because it is a double edge matter between the pilot's population around. 

Sure, the base of the pledge is to avoid players to help other players losing to give wins and increase AP for the clan and get medals generally speaking. 

I do not boost anyone but sure I give wins to a hell a lot of all rank players and if was not for that I can be a faster R1 if played for it. Let say when I was playing serious by the time, I was 15-25 wins I was R1, and some others do it a bit faster. 

yes. it does make sense. 

2 hours ago, Spoon said:

I uh...don't know what boosting is but if it has something to do with hackers then I AGREE
Also some of y'all dont have to be jackasses about it just dont respond if you dont agree .-.

I agree that boosting is bad, but I don't see the point of this pledge

7 hours ago, OKI DOKI said:

I see. Most times I usually don't boost but I will give a boot to someone who's helped me in the past. I think there's all been a time in SM where you've been so close to a rank, you've never been there and you ask for the win. I could understand that.

14 hours ago, OKI DOKI said:

Because I am not an AP player, I give tons of free wins

This isn't the boosting I'm talking about.  I'm talking about the boosting going on in rank 2-1 where people are doing this specifically to try to get #1/#2/#3 player medals.  The boosting I'm talking about is the boosting that basically ensures that you will never get a solo medal without tons of money and two accounts (at least).  I'm talking about the kind of boosting that bypasses the arena and legitimate competition.

14 hours ago, Frero said:

I agree that boosting is bad, but I don't see the point of this pledge

This is calling upon the community to stand up against boosting.  I am trying to move the SM community at large to be so much against boosting that those who do it either fear their reputation and stop, or if they don't fear their reputation (like account thieves and hackers), that Gato Games somehow fixes boosting so that solo medal competition is once again fair and legitimate.  (This is not to blame Gato Games, by the way.)  This is a complex issue so this is only one of the things I'm trying to do to encourage the community to rise up.  There are other issues that may need to be fixed to completely fix the boosting problem with solo medals.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html