Ask SawzAll Anything

SawzAll

1 hour ago, Fordekash said:

F15 is my favorite but much respect to those three! 

I worked around F-15s at a base before, even though it wasn't my airframe.  They're cool looking up close.

6 minutes ago, MasterChief said:

wait what.... sawz i thought u were like, in college and 19...... how old r u really?

I am in my 40s.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

10 hours ago, Killer gamer 22322 said:

You say your in mid 40s and now you say your a student... 

10 hours ago, Quantum said:

Why can't he be both?

Exactly.  I did 20 years in the military, "retired", and now I'm getting my master's degree.

57 minutes ago, RaymondL1747 said:

interesting

hmm.. how 'bout this why spend some tokens on very cheap paint ? why not spend it on something storm paint or something like that

Because I am only P2S.  I spend only $20/month on this game (excluding birthday and christmas money, etc.).  So cheap paint is better for me right now.  Honestly I always thought the shop mechs looked cool even if they aren't the best items.

I don't paint my alt.  And I find the random colors effect to be very annoying.

If I ever get to rank 1-5 my heat mech will get painted red again like it used to me.

On 4/2/2021 at 3:36 PM, Canucklehead said:

You still get birthday and Christmas money? We are in the same age range, and all I get are socks and underwear.

Well it's just because I make sure I give myself birthday and Christmas money.  First, because budget.  But second, because I'll forget to be kind to myself.

On 4/2/2021 at 6:58 PM, Aftokrator_SM said:

Hey SawzAll, how much hp do you think is a good amount for suicidal drones?

This is a difficult question to answer.  And there are many opinions on it.  The best way I can put it is, it depends.

First, evaluate the stats.  If drone A average damage + (10 x resistance drain) - backfire > drone B then use drone A.

Second, evaluate the goal of your build.  My heat damage mech on my alt uses backstabbing protector instead of Nemo.  Also, for my "CleverJumper" physical build, selfish protector is better than Tonto because sometimes I end up in range 1.

Third, use your experience.  In my arena rank 6-8 experience, for energy, Unreliable Protector is better Torment. 

Fourth, think of where you're using it.  For campaigns, I never recommend backfire drones, but they work in the arena, and might work in raid.

If you still don't know when to use a backfire drone, my opinion is only when you have one of the top torsos (vests, monkeys, EFA, Nightmare) and the torso is max mythical at least.  And only until you've at least gotten the reduction of backfire arena perk to at least level 5 out of 10.

My other general drone experience:

1) I don't recommend range-limited drones because people tend to range bully them too easily.

2) Limited use drones (Face Shocker, Heatpoint, etc.) are only worth it when they can do more damage / heat / energy drain in 3 turns than the other drones you already have in 4 turns.  I've seen Face Shocker used by people in the top ranks, so it just depends on build and context.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

• 2 years later...