2021 META

SawzAll

On 1/16/2022 at 4:21 AM, Frero said:

I personally find that Double Valiant Sniper will not work with that module setup, as the energy capacity is too low, the dual spartan mech is dead to energy, I have only seen it played with Lightning Platinum Vest, the heat double shotgun mech works better with Molten Platinum Vest. The energy double shotgun mech needs energy legs, since when you are energy broken, if you use your stomp with heat legs, the opponent in all likelihood has over 100 heat resistance, and you will deal less than 100 damage, whilst if you have energy legs (Massive Shocker Feet), you can actually deal damage once energy broken/ recoiler is out of uses/ cornered). The physical double shotgun is also regularly played with Lightning Platinum Vest, since those energy stats will not suffice for anything other than a heat build.

I would definitely consider adding other scope mechs, which are also viable, as well as, but not limited to:

High heat and energy capacity, but low cooling and regen energy mechs (seen at top 10 positions weekly)

Energy hugger, specifically the one played by Void Drifter

Burning shower mechs (eg. Reckoning and double Basalt Dissolver

Double Teleporter, Single Resistance Drainer Traditional Hugger

As well as Huggers using Molten Platinum Vest, double Overload Preventer, double Quad Core Booster, or using Lightning Platinum with the Same Modules

We will consider it. But understand that the META listing has been, traditionally, mech builds capable of reaching top ten player status. And we can't include literally every mech that achieved rank 1: the list would be way too long.

On 1/16/2022 at 5:22 AM, Deimos said:

Yeah, OP has no clue what they are talking about. Just took CleverName's builds, made them worse and called it an improvement lmao

Negative. ZeRo and Rambo, along with the rank 1 players of Reign, did lots of research. Your negative comment is no different than those who said CleverName's list was bad. (They were wrong then and they're wrong now.)

It's been almost a year since CleverName put out a listing. He left the game. ZeRo and Rambo stepped in to take it over. They deserve our gratitude and respect for this action alone.

So first off, unless you are a rank 1 player AND you consulted with LOTS of rank 1 players (some of which regularly end up in top ten status), you've got nothing. I don't know what rank you are, but really, I could care less at this point.

Second, where's your meta listing? If you care so much, put out your own.

Third, if you want to help, don't be disrespectful. All you end up doing with comments like this is discouraging people who apparently care more about the game and those playing it than you, because they put out a listing.

All I did was post what they made because I was there watching them consult with top ten players and with hard to put out the best product they could to help as many people as possible.

So yeah, your comments are unhelpful and disrespectful. Further disrespect like this will result in me reporting your comments.

And they didn't just take CleverName's builds. Some if those builds are still META. That's why they're still in the META listing, duh. Did you accuse CleverName of copying his own META listing? 😁

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

1 hour ago, SawzAll said:

We will consider it. But understand that the META listing has been, traditionally, mech builds capable of reaching top ten player status. And we can't include literally every mech that achieved rank 1: the list would be way too long.

Negative. ZeRo and Rambo, along with the rank 1 players of Reign, did lots of research. Your negative comment is no different than those who said CleverName's list was bad. (They were wrong then and they're wrong now.)

It's been almost a year since CleverName put out a listing. He left the game. ZeRo and Rambo stepped in to take it over. They deserve our gratitude and respect for this action alone.

So first off, unless you are a rank 1 player AND you consulted with LOTS of rank 1 players (some of which regularly end up in top ten status), you've got nothing. I don't know what rank you are, but really, I could care less at this point.

Third, if you want to help, don't be disrespectful. All you end up doing with comments like this is discouraging people who apparently care more about the game and those playing it than you, because they put out a listing.

All I did was post what they made because I was there watching them consult with top ten players and with hard to put out the best product they could to help as many people as possible.

So yeah, your comments are unhelpful and disrespectful. Further disrespect like this will result in me reporting your comments.

And they didn't just take CleverName's builds. Some if those builds are still META. That's why they're still in the META listing, duh. Did you accuse CleverName of copying his own META listing? 😁

Mate, besides the copy pasted standard hugger, heat builds in that lists are bad. Your researches on the topic arent consolidated properly.

See with Tay on the physical part.

I did give some to Zero the other day on heat. Feel free to reach me too.

🥖

8 minutes ago, Lord Gorgon said:

Mate, besides the copy pasted standard hugger, heat builds in that lists are bad. Your researches on the topic arent consolidated properly.

🥖

Thanks LG, and I have your famous 3v3 teams, those should get Incorporated on the next META they put out, hopefully. I always felt the META needed some info about teams, not just stuff that works in 1v1.

On 1/16/2022 at 12:37 AM, Deimos said:

Improved version of CleverName's old physical meta, one plate can be swapped for QCB.  I'm using a slightly altered version since I lack a couple of items for the perfect build but even the worse one is a solid rank 1 material.

Snímka obrazovky 2022-01-16 o 7.33.17.png

Yeah get that out of here. The stats are so horrible. Heat and energy mechs will destroy that. That's a counter, not META, and not even a good counter at that....

1 hour ago, SawzAll said:

Yeah get that out of here. The stats are so horrible. Heat and energy mechs will destroy that. That's a counter, not META, and not even a good counter at that....

That's it, you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about because that used to be the old physical meta made by CleverName so no, it's not a counter and you don't even seem to know what a counter is. Most of the builds you posted are "counters" according to you since the elemental stats are awful for their purpose.

All phys tanks are built like that, the energy stats are irrelevant since their HP and energy free weapons make up for it which is something you would know if you had a single look at the shit you posted yourself, namely the very first build follows that formula to a T.

Imagine thinking this guy knows anything about the META, can't wait for more clown-generated content 🤡

1 hour ago, Rambo Gaming YT said:

Like you could do better.

I can't and nobody else can, that's the point. You can't top the guy who has every item in the game x20 and already made and tested builds better than anyone else ever could. This whole thread is a waste of time since no new items were yet introduced since his departure.

3 hours ago, SawzAll said:

Boo-hoo crybaby. Imagine reporting someone because they disagree with you. Pathetic.

Edited by Deimos (see edit history)

1 hour ago, ZeRo_ said:

Sigh, this was supposed only to collect 2021 meta builds, not make 2022 meta listing. Feel free to criticize me, I made the builds in WU, and yes, I know that some are either missing or wrong. As I stated, I'm working on fixing that.

Fair enough, you could've chosen a better representative for this though. This one has no clue what they are talking about and isn't even rank 1.

1 minute ago, Lord Gorgon said:

Note: most rank 1 guys are clueless and just copy paste whats around.

Fyi.

Oh I know, most people just use what works and don't experiment much but it's definitely worth it at least knowing how things work before talking about it like that guy.

Ladies please calm down All ideas are welcome if you like going against the same mechs in arena then keep talking that trash about how it's not meta. If you would like to go against a variety of mechs would you kindly contribute to this conversation and not shit on their ideas thank you have a good day. 🙂

25 minutes ago, DArkVold said:

Ladies please calm down All ideas are welcome if you like going against the same mechs in arena then keep talking that trash about how it's not meta. If you would like to go against a variety of mechs would you kindly contribute to this conversation and not shit on their ideas thank you have a good day. 🙂

I hope you are not talking to me on this. Mate.

On 1/17/2022 at 2:47 PM, SawzAll said:

Most definitely, the mechs i sent are not just rank 1 mechs, rather the most commonly seen that can not only beat most matchups, but can consistently get top 10 if played properly.

On 1/17/2022 at 6:32 PM, Deimos said:

That's it, you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about because that used to be the old physical meta made by CleverName so no, it's not a counter and you don't even seem to know what a counter is. Most of the builds you posted are "counters" according to you since the elemental stats are awful for their purpose.

All phys tanks are built like that, the energy stats are irrelevant since their HP and energy free weapons make up for it which is something you would know if you had a single look at the shit you posted yourself, namely the very first build follows that formula to a T.

Imagine thinking this guy knows anything about the META, can't wait for more clown-generated content 🤡

I can't and nobody else can, that's the point. You can't top the guy who has every item in the game x20 and already made and tested builds better than anyone else ever could. This whole thread is a waste of time since no new items were yet introduced since his departure.

Boo-hoo crybaby. Imagine reporting someone because they disagree with you. Pathetic.

Dual shotguns were not used by clever (physical/heat), new 2020 meta also not, meta evolves.

@SawzAll, your listing has some problems since all mechs which I edited, I have rarely/never seen with that module set up, including some which are soft counters, which should not be in the meta.

On 1/17/2022 at 4:46 PM, Lord Gorgon said:

🥖

Energy builds are also lacking, e.g. manolis build is barely viable anymore, the double Valiant Sniper build is completely off, and cannot sustain its own weapons with those stats.

On 1/17/2022 at 2:47 PM, SawzAll said:

I would disagree, CleverName's list had many builds which were never used/ stopped being used, because they were only ever used since he said they were good.

1 hour ago, Frero said:

I would disagree, CleverName's list had many builds which were never used/ stopped being used, because they were only ever used since he said they were good.

This doesn't mean anything. Did people stop using them because they were bad? I still see a lot of them being used with minimal alterations. 

Hi guys, keep this cool. It is a good thread for contributions with ideas for the game fun. Some agreed, some don't, and some do not care and hate this, but I think it is good for ideas for people that are interested in the game and improve.

I do not look to make meta. I do develop parts grinding for fun and then test them at any rank during development till are developed and normally I do different combos that will lose just for the fun and to challenge me to see what those do as they are. 

For META it is about player and MECH combo. Now, for those looking for basic mech power that by itself can position to a particular rank screaming to move up META mechs as mentioned have the tendency to help the player to move up not necessarily will do because match maker or the players do not like that much the mech having the parts for it. 

Just have fun giving ideas and not insulting. For those do not like just simple stay away and do not look at it or make comments. 

Let this flourish and apart of fun in the forum and the game, this gives ideas for now or for the future. Some mechs are around not listed as META but can be actual META just look around and some others has been modified for current floor fights that morphed a bit again. 

I do ton of test because I do not compete, but I do check all the time. I am not a contributor, but I like to read if I have time and instead to do what is best, I got in the other direction for fun and that mean modules and weapons set ups.

Just have fun making fun mechs if you do not have those called META and ton of those reach R1 on different seasons. 

Do not argue, just give an idea to improve and test. If you have the parts go and test if not what you see around is a player with a particular mech that is good using to play. Test yourself with different things and will see that a hell a lot can get you to R1 and are called trash.

23 minutes ago, bongcloudmagic said:

if every single weapon were totally balanced (not overpowered and not underpowered) would there be such meta then?

The idea is to have different possible combinations exchanging parts. Some combos can overpower too much and when a particular weapon it is adjusted, it does require a good thinking of the damage that can create on the floor pvp because will overpower.  Reason why some combos can be created to counter those but too much adjustment with that particular weapon, then the natural counter against that mech will lose been out of balance to counter by nature. The possibility is determinate buy the player and starting point plus floor mats position with those particular set up. 

For example, the heat hugger improved a bit from the basic claw and backstabber to make more fair fight in the sense not utilizing a phys weapon as drone and be able to maximize heat use against the other player. Swoop needed to be adjusted and I agree on it if not then use the backstabbing selfish draining too much HP or go with Nemo. Sure, firefly possibility but was not that good. Swoop gave the opportunity to make changes for the new modules in line. 

Now you have a basic natural counter against, and it is phys dual recoil even can lose if no play well just to say. 

In my personal opinion regardless public opinion, the best mech out there it is the heat hugger because versality use for different things like raid, campaign and pvp been an overall mech. Sure many people will say no but with countless test I have done I will say with confidence. Sure, not mean will get R1 all the time now with tons of recoils on the floor. 

META work to counter some others that are at same power level and match making with players connected at some point will give the outcome to many players according to their accounts.

An example if I am using a heat hugger, the tendency of the game is to have me out not at close distance and set me up with tons of scopes, dual recoil or tons of spartan/frantic draining life fast overpowering to overheat.

If I switch to dual recoil, right on the spot it lunches me tons of energy mechs where the system knows that the basic set up, energy is low and that do not mean all are low but generally speaking it is or set me up with tons of recoils same mech and reduce heat huggers. When I use the heat hugger the massive heat mechs is huge with same hugger or reconning with firefly or some others. 

When I switch to energy the game lunch energy free mechs one after another. The game compensates according to players in the arena and takes the consideration of your modules and weapons level. 

The tendency to my account is to start first move and that give a lot of position advantage to counter me because I have to choose to lose a turn or make the move that actually will make me lose. 

META and players plus match making it is the actual outcome of the fight. Some accounts get easy, and some are a hell to move up no matter how good the player can be. I have played different top players accounts and I have been able to get R1 in few min just to say and when I switch back to my account my output weapons, position and mech against with hp higher it does make my account harder to achieve position. Sure, when I play serious, I get it, but I can compare with others and yes is harder. The is a cycle I tested for a year against my account, and it is very interesting what does against my account. 

For example, few weeks ago, I decided to play dual recoil and I got 11 energy mechs one after another. I switched to heat hugger and heat huggers and dual phys recoils one after another. 🤷‍♂️

7 hours ago, DArkVold said:

I'm simply talking to the people that sh1t on others ideas if you do that then perhaps I was talking to you if not then I wasn't talking to you.

If it is shet it is shet. And i dont have any issue mentioning it.

Note that i give educated point of views; i do not build or test on WU, i do it in game workshop and arena. And i spend a lot of time on new things.

I have been fielding hundreds of different builds since the last update. More than any high ranking player.

Fyi.

On 1/17/2022 at 11:32 AM, Deimos said:

That's it, you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about because that used to be the old physical meta made by CleverName so no, it's not a counter and you don't even seem to know what a counter is.

First of all, I said META. What you posted is not current META and ironically my comments on your garbage came from Mechzilla. Posting something from 2020 and claiming it's current META? Get that krap out of here.

Zero made this. And he just made top player in this game. He knows what he's talking about. You need to learn when to stop replying.

I'm just the messenger.

The META changes. Things that were META last year sometimes are no longer effective. And what's annoying me is you come on here like you know stuff. And you don't even know how to interact with people, much less you don't know the META either.

What you should've done is politely asked Zero, who could then tell you WHY that build doesn't work any more. Instead you acted like you're a current top ten player.

Learn when to speak and when not to.

Screenshot_20220119-201524_Super_Mechs.jpg

On 1/18/2022 at 2:05 PM, Deimos said:

This doesn't mean anything. Did people stop using them because they were bad? I still see a lot of them being used with minimal alterations. 

They stopped being used because 1 the META changes and 2 CleverName became increasingly out of touch with what ACTUALLY works in the arena as his boosting increased. At least that's my opinion as a rank 2. Let's ask the rank 1 players.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

2 hours ago, SawzAll said:

First of all, I said META. What you posted is not current META and ironically my comments on your garbage came from Mechzilla. Posting something from 2020 and claiming it's current META? Get that krap out of here.

It's an improved version of CleverName's build so no, it's not a 2020 build and it most definitely is more META than like half the terrible builds posted here.

The META changes. Things that were META last year sometimes are no longer effective. And what's annoying me is you come on here like you know stuff. And you don't even know how to interact with people, much less you don't know the META either.

More nonsense. The META changes if the conditions change, new items, nerfs/buffs etc. I certainly know more than you given the stupid claims you've made, if you're going to be the messenger at least get familiar with the material you're presenting otherwise you'll end up looking like a buffoon e.g. insulting a mod setup presented by me despite the same mod setup being used by some of the builds you posted.

What you should've done is politely asked Zero, who could then tell you WHY that build doesn't work any more. Instead you acted like you're a current top ten player.

Learn when to speak and when not to.

From what I've seen several top players came on here to say that the builds presented aren't optimized yet, you're the only one embarrassing yourself and not knowing when to stop talking.

They stopped being used because 1 the META changes and 2 CleverName became increasingly out of touch with what ACTUALLY works in the arena as his boosting increased.

I've already explained how that is not true, most of the builds presented by CleverName are still being used with very slight alterations. I think the explanation is quite clear, most people don't have CleverName's infinite inventory so they had to make due with altered builds, what's being used the most =/= META

At least that's my opinion as a rank 2.

Well that explains it.

All I’m gonna say, is idk why meta need to be posted.  For example, when I was a new player I loved watching all the vets replays to see what kind of builds they ran…. And kinda determined which ones were the best in my opinion and which ones I wanted

part of the game should be the lower level players research into better builds, not just us giving them to them and saying “here you go, good luck getting the items. This is what works “ 😉 

17 minutes ago, The_Real_Ramsay49 said:

All I’m gonna say, is idk why meta need to be posted.  For example, when I was a new player I loved watching all the vets replays to see what kind of builds they ran…. And kinda determined which ones were the best in my opinion and which ones I wanted

part of the game should be the lower level players research into better builds, not just us giving them to them and saying “here you go, good luck getting the items. This is what works “ 😉 

Yeah, that's how we end up with people like that guy. Only knows how to copy builds they see and not how or why they work/don't work.

15 minutes ago, Deimos said:

Yeah, that's how we end up with people like that guy. Only knows how to copy builds they see and not how or why they work/don't work.

If I’m being honest, for a long time and probably still now I only tried to make meta and was oblivious to seeing how to actually play smart with my items.   Now I try to experiment around more and try not to rely solely on meta