Quad Cores vs. combination of CEU (combined energy unit) / OP (overload preventor)

Zutchse

First things first, I'll post the stats ( 5 modules each)

2 combined energy unit, 3 OP:

• 145 weight
  • 372 energy cap
  • 263 energy regen
  • 338 heat cap
  • 263 heat regen

5 quad cores:

• 200 weight
  • 624 energy cap
  • 294 energy regen
  • 564 heat cap
  • 294 heat regen

With this information in hand. We can say that - in exchange for 5 module slots - we obtain more cap and regen from quad cores vs CEU/OP combined with the downside of higher weight cap.

Now, let try to even up  the weight of this modules.

5 quad cores:

• 200 weight
  • 624 energy cap
  • 294 energy regen
  • 564 heat cap
  • 294 heat regen

3 combined energy unit, 4 OP ( total of 7 modules just to even the weight)

• 205 weight
  • 558 energy cap
  • 350 energy regen
  • 508 heat cap
  • 350 heat regen

4 combined energy unit, 3 OP 

• 215 weight
  • 744 energy cap
  • 263 energy regen
  • 677 heat cap
  • 263 heat regen

Even with the weight, the 5 quad core boosters is still superior when it comes to either capacities (3 CEU / 4 OP) or regen (4 CEU/ 3 OP).

Conclusion:

The CEU/OP combo is good if you want to shrug off some weight in order to add more items, but overall, 5 quad core booster is much better than the combo. Therefore, I think the CEU/OP is best when paired up with Monkey/Claw setup so that you don't overweight

Although this setups is not achievable for most of players, I think this post should give them some idea on what modules to invest on different types of setups.

I hope y'all having a great day!!

(P.S. all of this info is from Workshop.)

EDIT: clarification of some sentence.

Edited by Zutchse
changed something (see edit history)

Fun fact, 3 Quads = 2 CEU + 2 OP. Of course you save a mod slot with 3 Quads, cementing it as the best item in the game lol

Nice analysis! Top player input - we usually stick either 2 Quad + 2 OP or 3 Quad + 1 OP. This paired with triple fortress and a platinum plate provides adequate balance of stats when put on either molten or lightning vests. 

On 1/5/2022 at 1:45 AM, WarrMachine said:

Fun fact, 3 Quads = 2 CEU + 2 OP. Of course you save a mod slot with 3 Quads, cementing it as the best item in the game lol

Nice analysis! Top player input - we usually stick either 2 Quad + 2 OP or 3 Quad + 1 OP. This paired with triple fortress and a platinum plate provides adequate balance of stats when put on either molten or lightning vests. 

Also the 3 quads offer slightly better cap and regen/cooling.