I was thinking about a new mechanic, let's discuss it

White Star

The mechanic's name: Armor Piercing [AP for short]

• Basically, a weapon with such characteristic would ignore a certain amount of resistance.

[[ Let's imagine a drone, with 200 physical damage, it always would deal that amount as long as the target has zero resistance, very precise!

But now it faces a opponent with 120 resistance to it, Making it deal 80 damage... with a certain amount of AP this same drone will still make it hurt enough to make a significant impact in battle.

The drone with AP60+ added to its 80 damage on that 120 resistance fore... will deal 140 instead of just 80 out of it's total 200... ]]

• It wouldn't give extra damage like energy does when the foes has lower energy remaining in comparison to weapon's energy damage...

[ AP wouldn't affect negative resistances values, Because you can't pierce what ISN'T there anymore ] 

[[ That same drone, 200 damage right?

but now the foe has -50 resistance to it's damage... As said... AP wouldn't affect that, so the damage would be 250!... and NOT: 200damage +60AP 50Negative res = 310 total? that'll be 110 plus on the original drone's damage... i believe this seems to be unfair, and if you use this formula on actual SM drones it would be a overkill... some drones dealing +400 plus as is... now add this AP stuff when mechs on the negatives and HOLLY MOLLY THAT'S A LOT OF DAMAGE... that's the reason why AP shouldn't affect negative res, Also that would be a nice opportunity to buff items that has fallen to useless level, like Purifier, Greedy... Etc ]]

PS: I didn't actually wanted to make a suggestion, i tinkered that mechanic for fun AND because my work in progress drone will have that mechanic in mind, worry not i will make it balanced.

So anyways pilots, if you want to discuss... suggest... question... even SCREAM at the top of yer lungs then feel free to do it 🗿 let's have fun screaming at each other!

Edit: i got a chart of AP values

Screenshot_20211222-225356-1.thumb.jpg.d416ea05ca078a488c7e01e95bd5e525.jpg

Changes may happen in the future.

Edited by White Star
Needed data (see edit history)

Artist

It Sound Like A Good Idea Except If the AP(Armor Percing) Levels Up with the drone like the rest of its stats Except Weight than having a common drone and leveling it to Divine Would give it an insane AP Making it more deadly than most Legendary/Mythical Drones And It Would Be Absolute Overkill. Now the drone is already overkill as energy/heat now lets not forget Physical Drones Dealing Even More Damage And Having Some Insane AP. If it was added it would be banned in competetive Battles Just Like Legacy Shields. So i think drones should have a fixed AP that cant be increased.

I also think that AP would most likely Be a Physical Only Stat Since I Dont Think a Laser Could Pierce Or Fire Ball Could Pierce But Bullets Absolutely. 

Edited by Tesla Surge (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Tesla Surge said:

It Sound Like A Good Idea Except If the AP(Armor Percing) Levels Up with the drone like the rest of its stats Except Weight than having a common drone and leveling it to Divine Would give it an insane AP Making it more deadly than most Legendary/Mythical Drones And It Would Be Absolute Overkill. Now the drone is already overkill as energy/heat now lets not forget Physical Drones Dealing Even More Damage And Having Some Insane AP. If it was added it would be banned in competetive Battles Just Like Legacy Shields.

That's the reason why AP wouldn't be used to buff what's already strong, like Tonto... [ 500+ damage seems to be VERY fair for a drone to deal, sarcasm! ] that'd be overkill indeed.

But imagine a full myth Greedy, with +70AP... combining that with it's 92-149.

if the enemy has 80res then it would be drained by 10, then ignored by 60 thus dealing the drones original damage between 92-149... after that the damage would only ramp up 10 due to drones res drain, remembering that AP wouldn't deal extra damage on negative res foes.

PS: Only the drone would ignore res, other weapons wouldn't be affected by AP effect.

Artist

12 minutes ago, Tesla Surge said:

I also think that AP would most likely Be a Physical Only Stat Since I Dont Think a Laser Could Pierce Or Fire Ball Could Pierce But Bullets Absolutely. 

What about a super heated gas? or a plasma bolt with god knows how hot? or a thundering electricity jolt? or a ball of energy? You got it!

Besides that... realism≠Supermechs let's face that 😂

Artist

Just now, Tesla Surge said:

Yes but AP sounds like it would also Effect Rapid Destruction And Spartan Carnage Since Both of them fire bullets.

Yes yes but... Does the powerful SPARTAN CARNAGE needs a buff? NOPE 😂 just because it fires bullets it doesn't mean it needs to have Armor Piercing [ it already wrecks mechs as is... no buff needed ] 🗿

Artist

But just think of the carnage with a max level SolarTorch With AP.

And Alot of buffs.

It would be worse Than the spartan carnage since the solar torch is already the strongest physical drone and now it has AP.

The Only Problem Is That Pay-To-Play players would get a instant extra advantage since all their probably max level drone now has AP

13 minutes ago, White Star said:

What about a super heated gas? or a plasma bolt with god knows how hot? or a thundering electricity jolt? or a ball of energy? You got it!

Besides that... realism≠Supermechs let's face that 😂

Also im sure A plasma bolt would not peirce as it would melt through the entire mech.

Edited by Tesla Surge (see edit history)

But just think of the carnage with a max level SolarTorch With AP.

Lmao... lemme get the numbers

Maximum level, all arena buffs:

• SolarTorch: 245-442 physical damage

9 phys res drain

let's be careful now +60AP seems fine... emphasis on SEEMS

Let's make the foe: 69 physical res [ nice number, TOTALLY didn't plan that ]

now let's go for the damage, Solar Torch drains 9, leaving 60res left... but it ignores 60... due to RNGeesus! the drone gave around 442 damage from its random amount [LUCKY SHOT!!!]

442phys damage+60AP=502 TOTAL DAMAGE

[ bruh moment sound effect ]

a drone like that ignoring resistance would be waaaay too OP... 😂 let us have Greedy be EVEN MORE GREEDY

Artist

7 minutes ago, Tesla Surge said:

Yes i think AP should be like 5-20 Max.

5-20 seems to be epic level... it wouldn't make a dent on meta i believe so. i want to threaten meta... and not make them laugh and use Red Rain harder than ever 🗿 lol

The amount would depend a lot of weapon firepower, and amount of uses [ be it 2 or 3 ] Balancing it out with 50+ or more heat cost, weight, even backfire is viable 🗿 and i believe that balancing such an item wouldn't be too much of a hassle.

ps: the main reason why i used greedy as an example because of its low damage, and i will think of a AP chart for all intensities of items, to common... to mythical later on.

Edited by White Star
Me grammer ver guud!! (see edit history)

Artist

7 minutes ago, Tesla Surge said:

Yes i think the more damage a drone does the less AP it should have.

And i think The Maximum AP for a Drone Should Be In between 100-150

Depending on the drone/weapon this amount between 100-150 seems fair for a 2 use weapon... maybe a backfire one to make sure it's not broken beyond brokenness.

Yo i got a chart done for AP values:

Screenshot_20211222-223543-1-1.jpg.f50e620837d9042555efae2c34cc61a9.jpg

The amount between would vary from weapon to weapon... AP would be a tool to push lesser items into competitiveness, niches... even metas... who knows!

Items? i mean new items... but some old ones could use some extra bang too, like Greedy... [ the more i mention Greedy it GETS greedier dude 💀 ]

Artist

Yes That Chart Is Perfectly Fair for 100% of drones and it would help bring some old drons and maybe even some legacy drones back into meta status. Also Greedy should get a new Name: Verocious because it makes it sound EVEN MORE EPIC.

And To Be Honest If you suggested this to super mechs their is a chance it might actually get added.

Edited by Tesla Surge
More Epicnesssss... (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, Tesla Surge said:

Yes That Chart Is Perfectly Fair for 100% of drones and it would help bring some old drons and maybe even some legacy drones back into meta status. Also Greedy should get a new Name: Verocious because it makes it sound EVEN MORE EPIC.

And To Be Honest If you suggested this to super mechs their is a chance it might actually get added.

I maybe suggest it indeed, just need to get some things outta the way first.

Well! i got the chart filled for Side/Top weapons too... I followed your suggestion but i thought 150 would be too much of a AP value [ seems like the sort of thing that has a single use, is heavy, heats up like hell ]

take a look:

Screenshot_20211222-225356-1.thumb.jpg.1864c2210c093f7bc9f649a23ddd15e6.jpg

I tried to make everything compatible with torsos resistances around, resistance modules... AP capable weapons wouldn't be THAT plentiful in my mind... just a few of each type would suffice.

Artist

Yes Thats even Better But Imagineif a Solartorch with all buffs and AP at 300 While Also Affecting Negatives And The Enemy Having A Res Of -29.

442 phys damage

300 AP

29 negative res

442+300+29= 771 PHYSICAL DAMAGE

BRUH MOMENT, thank god Solar Torch wouldn't have AP at all 😂 dealing more damage than a Divine Frantic Brute with full arena buff.

Artist

Interesting mechanics i just hope that with mechanism people decide do play without armor but with a lot of Hp.

Otherwise i would see that effect for purifer

Edit (I should have read everything oops... therefore can be for the dustmaker and hurlbat

instead of their cooling/energy regen and capacity damage )

Edited by Electro (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Electro said:

Interesting mechanics i just hope that with mechanism people decide do play without armor but with a lot of Hp.

Otherwise i would see that effect for purifer

Edit (I should have read everything oops... therefore can be for the dustmaker and hurlbat

instead of their cooling/energy regen and capacity damage )

Hurl Bat and Dust Maker status's effects should be unchanged, they're lesser phys drones so removing something from them just buries them further.

Yes phys type doesn't rely on reduction of heat cap or cooling, nor energy cap and regen but... it's their function 🗿 yay! good for them.

Also... Hurlbat needs more damage [ 167-298 to rival Dust Maker's 151-306 ] the reason is: Because yes 🗿

Artist