Personality Test

Elcent

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, rc said:

Nooo...

Alexander, how can you be introverted if you talk so much?

It’s not related to my enjoyment of talking to people but to energy. If I talk to people I get tired, if I am stressed or in a bad mood I go silent. Extroverts get energy out of talking to people and will do so more often when things are going down. 🙂

• Administrators
1 minute ago, rc said:

Hmm, that’s an interesting aspect to hear from you.

But you seem so full of energy!

Just how being an introvert works. 🙂 

I think most introverts can agree with me it has nothing to do with enjoyment of company. Similarly many extroverts dont really like most people 😛 

So what’s your result RC? 

4 minutes ago, Alexander said:

So what’s your result RC? 

Now that you mention it, I’m interested in doing that test. However, I’ll do it later since I don’t have time for it now.

I pretty much know the outcome anyway. I know myself like the back of my hand in a manner of speaking.

Since you asked, I’ll post my results later.

• Community Team
On 12/30/2020 at 3:05 AM, Alexander said:

I need to do it again when I can be bothered some time, but @Fluffeh might kill me as he finds this test too inaccurate

I won't kill you (yet), but I certainly have a lot to say about the Myers–Briggs Type Indicator. 😄

On 12/30/2020 at 6:21 AM, SawzAll said:

TO be fair, the MBTI isn't completely scientific.  But it's a lot closer to being scientific than nearly every personality test out there except the Big Five (the only scientificly validated one).

I'd describe it as protoscientific. I'd be remiss if I dismissed its historical value entirely, but it's based on a Jungan theory from 1921, when psychology as a science was very much still in its infancy. The Big Five model has been the academic standard for over 30 years now with much more and much stronger empirical evidence than Jungian theory has ever had, so I'd really take the modern MBTI with a big grain of salt.

It's important to note that the modern MBTI is foremost a business product and not an academic instrument. The Myers–Briggs Company specifically disclaims clinical usage and comparisons with other personality inventories on the basis that it assesses normal personalities and not personality disorders. In my opinion though, that misrepresents the field of personality research as being equivalent to just psychopathology. For example, the NEO Personality Inventory-3, the current standard inventory for Big5, was specifically designed to assess normal personalities. Moreover, much of the research about the MBTI is published by a journal that specifically says its purpose is to promote Jungan theory rather than to advance the field overall.

That being said, Big5 isn't the only model of personality with academic acceptance anymore. A six-factor model called the HEXACO model has been gaining traction in the last 10 years. For anyone interested, the academics behind HEXACO published a book called The H Factor of Personality: Why Some People are Manipulative, Self-Entitled, Materialistic, and Exploitive—And Why It Matters for Everyone. It's a good layman's introduction to HEXACO but also to the overall history and theory behind modern personality research.

On 12/30/2020 at 6:21 AM, SawzAll said:

Also, keep in mind that introversion and extroversion, thinking and feeling, etc, the factors, are a spectrum or a range.  It's not a yes/no.

And keep in mind personality changes over time.  You should, usually, become more balanced as you get older and/or grow as a person.

I'd say the most important thing to keep in mind, especially with all of the weaknesses with the MBTI, is to not let yourself be boxed in by the label you've been given. Personality inventories are descriptive, not prescriptive, and 16Personalities in particular specifically disclaims all usage except for entertainment and information, so in my eyes it's about as valid as the horoscope section of a newspaper. For something more useful, I'd recommend either the International Personality Item Pool Representation of the NEO Personality Inventory-Revised or the HEXACO Personality Inventory-Revised😄

In any case, though:

image.png

4 hours ago, Fluffeh said:

I'd describe it as protoscientific

First, let me say that this was probably one of the most well thought-out replies I've ever read.

Yeah, I'd describe it as close-to-scientific.  I love the MBTI, I just don't like how sometimes people who aren't knowledgeable accidentally get it wrong. 

You sound like you've done scientific research on this.  Have you done this at the college level?

Currently I have a bachelors in Addiction & Recovery Psychology (minor in Counseling) and I'm getting my master's degree to become a therapist (Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling).

4 hours ago, Fluffeh said:

I'd say the most important thing to keep in mind, especially with all of the weaknesses with the MBTI, is to not let yourself be boxed in by the label you've been given

Also a very valid point.  People usually don't realize that who you are now isn't who you will be forever.  So don't box yourself in or accidentally succumb to "Well I'm an ENTJ so I do this _____."  For example, while ENTJ might be a natural born leader, and I did good with leadership in the military, it doesn't prohibit me from refraining from leading when I'm counseling others.  It also doesn't mean I need to take the lead in everything: sometimes it's best to recognize the talents of others and let them lead.

Over time, people who experience personal growth tend to become more balanced over time, not less.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

• 2 months later...

I don't have chores XDimage.thumb.png.7ae1fa54c1bda6572c6df32a896108ab.png

also for anyone wondering 

Clicking the big disagree button for all of them makes you a virtuoso

Clicking the grey middle button for all of them makes you a virtuoso

Clicking the bid agree button for all of them make you a protagonist

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime

• 4 months later...

image.thumb.png.e40fe60939936da76956c87f53d83f84.png

A Virtuoso (ISTP) is someone with the Introverted, Observant, Thinking, and Prospecting personality traits. They tend to have an individualistic mindset, pursuing goals without needing much external connection. They engage in life with inquisitiveness and personal skill, varying their approach as needed.

Few personality types are as bold and practical as Virtuosos. Known for their technical mastery and willingness to improvise, Virtuosos are good at finding unique solutions to seemingly impossible challenges. Virtuosos’ desire to explore and learn new things is invaluable in many areas, including their own personal growth.

CHEERS

9CU=

Just now, OKI DOKI said:

image.thumb.png.e40fe60939936da76956c87f53d83f84.png

A Virtuoso (ISTP) is someone with the Introverted, Observant, Thinking, and Prospecting personality traits. They tend to have an individualistic mindset, pursuing goals without needing much external connection. They engage in life with inquisitiveness and personal skill, varying their approach as needed.

Few personality types are as bold and practical as Virtuosos. Known for their technical mastery and willingness to improvise, Virtuosos are good at finding unique solutions to seemingly impossible challenges. Virtuosos’ desire to explore and learn new things is invaluable in many areas, including their own personal growth.

CHEERS

9CU=

By the way, I work on Engineering 🤡 but also as leader 😃

• 4 months later...