Hi Friends, I’m BossParody! :)

Hello all, so I know that many of you may recognize me from in game, or from the older tacticsoft forums, but I thought I’d introduce myself here as well. As you know, my in game name is BossParody, and I’m the leader of WLGang, but I’d like to tell you a little bit about myself as well. My first name is Alex, and I attend university in Canada where I live. Next semester I’m switching into an English major, but previously I was studying mathematics. English is my first language and outside of SuperMechs, I enjoy volleyball, rock climbing, hiking, snowboarding, and canoeing (yes, feel free to make any and all Canadian stereotypical jokes lol). My favourite foods are steak, and Beavertails (deep fried treat), and I drink excessive amounts of caffeine in any form. 
Apart from that, I have one pet. His name is Butter, and he is a crested gecko. I adopted him a couple of weeks ago, and he is roughly two months old. He loves hanging out with me while I study and play video games, and he also enjoys watching documentaries of crested geckos in the wild! I have attached a picture of Butter below. 
Other than that, my life is pretty normal for a university student! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to respond 🙂

-BossParody

CB0AE7B6-6CAC-4015-A9C0-19A3B55E06D8.jpeg

2 hours ago, SilverMan said:

Beaverttail!!! Serious. Wow...People eat beaver tail. I never heard of that. Something new I learn every day.

So this is a beaver tail for anyone who doesn’t know lol

9511B596-EBDB-44E6-AF03-34A05BE8E045.jpeg

1 hour ago, Malicewolf said:

Oh hey, you guys rock climb? Me too! 🤚✋

Awesome!! I love climbing, covid has made it difficult but my dad and I made a wall in our backyard (14 ft) for bouldering, as well as a traverse wall in front of the pool and cave climbing underneath our deck. Honestly setting new problems and was one of the highlights of my year!! 🙂

44 minutes ago, VB said:

I actually am yet to climb outdoors, but have been bouldering for about 2 years now. I hope I'll soon get to try it on real rocks too:)

How about you, BossParody?

Yeah! Typically I climb indoors (bouldering of course because bouldering is just better than any forms of trad, lead, wide cracking, or top roping) but I live roughly an hour away from the Niagara escarpment so there’s a bit of fun stuff to do there! Next summer I’m planning a road trip with a friend to go out to Canmore or the Buttermilks, and I’m super hyped!! But yeah indoor is usually just more convenient for me 🙂

For @VB  and @Malicewolf I’d recommend downloading the red bull TV app and searching reel rock. If you haven’t heard of it, it’s a collection of short 20ish minute climbing documentaries and some of them are amazing!! Lots of Chris Sharma, Alex Honald, Daniel Woods, and Dan Beele. Pretty sweet stuff guys!!

Edited by BossParody (see edit history)

1 minute ago, VB said:

That sounds awesome! Hope you will be able to do it!

Ideally I’d love to go to Yosemite, but covid is a pain in the butt and also I rly can’t afford that with school and everything 😂 but yeah, I’d love to lead a few pitches on the half dome at some point in my life 🙂 (wouldn’t even think about trying tommy caldwell’s dawn wall route tho 😂

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, BossParody said:

Awesome!! I love climbing, covid has made it difficult but my dad and I made a wall in our backyard (14 ft) for bouldering, as well as a traverse wall in front of the pool and cave climbing underneath our deck. Honestly setting new problems and was one of the highlights of my year!! 🙂

Hot damn, that's awesome! When covid hit, i was seriously thinking about trying to build my own wall in my garage lol.

But alas, I did not. I mostly boulder, but I actually prefer to lead climb outdoors. Super fun (and maybe just a tad bit scary).

6 minutes ago, Malicewolf said:

Hot damn, that's awesome! When covid hit, i was seriously thinking about trying to build my own wall in my garage lol.

But alas, I did not. I mostly boulder, but I actually prefer to lead climb outdoors. Super fun (and maybe just a tad bit scary).

Yeah haha I’ve had more than a couple falls off of 5 14’s and the like trying to clip and just utterly losing it on a crimp haha

• 4 weeks later...