A Beginner's Guide to being a GOAT

W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T

Caution: This is a long topic. Reader's discretion and proper handling of GOAT or Long Topic allergies is heavily advised. You have been warned.

Introduction

"What is a GOAT?", you may be asking yourself as you look at this topic's title. Well, a GOAT is a concept that's been a part of SuperMechs for a very long time now that's well-recognized by the older side of the loyal pilot population and very well capable of confusing the hell out of pilots that have only just heard of it. This topic should bring you up to speed with this strange ideology of life if you are one of the pilots who are new to the idea or new to the game in general. BUT before we begin, I should clarify one thing..

A GOAT is a GOAT, not a goat. The key difference between the two differently type versions of the same word? One is a mech lifestyle and the other is a 4-legged, furry headbutting machine of a farmyard animal. We're talking about GOATs. Got that confusion all cleared up? Good. Now then, let's begin.

Part I: The History of GOATs

With every ideology, there's a history behind that ideology. The ideology of GOATs is no different from ideologies out in the real world in that regard, even when it's really just an ideology in SuperMechs. However, like with all other ideologies, you must dive into the deep lore to get the full experience and reach peak enlightenment. Unfortunately, it's hard to say where the GOAT ideology originated but for the sake of simplicity, let's just say that it all started from an event. What's this event I speak of? Let me tell you a little "story".. Or loose description, I suppose.

A very long time ago, during the Tacticsoft Era of SuperMechs (a time before the Gato Era, the time we're currently in), there was a special and unique event that took place within the SuperMechs community. Pilots of many different mechs, ranks, and notoriety partook in this curious event. This event was the GOAT Tournament. Though the name of the tournament sounds rather odd, it's quite fitting when you consider a special thing about it. Stay tuned to learn more.

This tournament is unlike anything you would normally see in SuperMechs, however. Why? There were specific conditions for the kind of mechs that could participate, which was a way for make the tournament balanced between pilots with godly inventories and those who have scarce ones. I won't dive into those conditions since I'm saving the good bits for the next part of this topic. I don't want to ruin the best part before the reveal, after all. Haha....... Ok, all flatlined witty jokes aside, time for us to get back on topic. 

The tournament was structured after what you would expect out of a tournament -- All participants get split into pairs, each pair engage in combat, the winner advances to be paired with the winner of another pair in the next bracket, the loser is eliminated. Rinse and repeat for every bracket until there is one pilot remaining. Nothing special or surprising there. I'm unsure of the final standing rewards of these tournaments since I haven't participated in said events but if there's one thing for sure, these GOAT tournaments always had one reward waiting for the winner -- The GOAT mech perk.

The GOAT mech perk was something to behold, emphasis on something, and something that all pilots strived to get. The perk isn't any different from any other perk in terms of functionality, in case you were wondering, so it was just for cosmetics. You could say that it's comparable to the Pumpkin mech perk with how it changes your mech's appearance, except instead of the perk-equipped mech's torso being a pumpkin, it was a.. What's the best way to put this.. The perk turned the torso of any mech, that it was equipped to, into a "mech goat". Yes, you heard me correctly. No, that's not made up, that's an actual thing that happened. I wish I could provide an image to show the perk but that's something that only a player with the perk or was around at the time of the tournament could do. It'll likely be shown in the comments by someone, anyway, so there's that.

Unfortunately, since Tacticsoft's departure, there hasn't been any public GOAT tournaments, at least as far as I'm aware, correct me if I'm wrong. But just because there hasn't been a tournament like that/those in a long while, that doesn't mean that they won't ever make a grand return in some way or form for GOAT lovers to do what they do best -- Be a GOAT or a goat GOAT with fellow GOATs in a friendly contest to the death to see who's the best GOAT of them all. 

Now with that history lesson out of the way, I'm aware that I haven't told you about what a GOAT actually is. That's purely intentional. Why? It's because of..

Part II: The Way of the GOAT and How to be One

.. This whole section that's dedicated to the explanation of GOATs. So, what is a GOAT? The term "GOAT" refers to a kind of mech that is composed of epic level 1 mech parts or any level of common / rare mech parts. Does it matter as to what kind of mech parts you use? Nope. Does it matter as to how much of one part is used on your mech? Not at all. Can it be composed of parts that are epic level 2? If you have any part that's not an epic level 1 or lower, you're not a GOAT. Seems easy enough to understand, right? If so, good, you're partway to being a proper GOAT.

Once a pilot has created a GOAT, what exactly do they do with that GOAT? It's simple, really. They engage other GOATs in one-on-one battles, regardless of if those battles are friendly sparring matches or a deathmatch to prove one's superiority over another. It may seem terrifying and to think about and complicated to get started with at first, but once you get your first steps down, you'll be aggressively assaulting other GOATs like a professional in no time at all.

With the basics now down-pat and your GOAT in possession of a pride-worthy uninterrupted killstreak, you're surely ready to become one of the ultimate GOATS, right? Not even close and by a long shot. How so? It's always one thing to be a GOAT that's capable of headbutting the opposition to death and becoming an icon that people recognize and respect.. But to become a true GOAT, it takes much more than having wits and strength alone.

It takes passion and dedication.

When you have a passionate connection with a hobby or a lifestyle, you're bound to enjoy it more and do things more as second-nature. In regards to GOATs, there's no exception to that. With becoming a true GOAT, you can't just simply think about things during a battle nor can you simply go in swinging with no thoughts at all. You have to move away from thinking about strategy and instead put yourself in the mindset of a GOAT. Don't consider battles to be just another battle, consider every battle to be a stepping stone that pushes you closer to your goal of reaching GOAT-vana. Instead of thinking about the rewards that lie at the end of a victorious battle, think about the rewarding feeling you're getting from the current experience. Don't simply pick and choose between items, embrace all items equally and wield them to their fullest GOAT potential, regardless of if it's a common drone or an epic chaingun.

Follow these steps and, with time and practice, you will become a truly ultimate GOAT. 

Closing

Still here, huh? If not, I don't blame you for not reading through the topic. If you are, congrats, you just learned about GOATs to some degree you'll likely never use.. But hey, knowledge is power and with power, more is better.

Anywho, that's all for this lesson topic. Let me know what you think and feel free to correct any mistakes that I've made (all humans make mistakes, so we gotta help each other out with fixing 'em) in the comments below. I hope y'all have a good day/night and remember:

Stay safe and praise the power of GOATs, pilots. 

Yes, I'll be reading comments, so don't worry about me overlooking something. 

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

2 hours ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

Caution: This is a long topic. Reader's discretion and proper handling of GOAT or Long Topic allergies is heavily advised. You have been warned.

Introduction

"What is a GOAT?", you may be asking yourself as you look at this topic's title. Well, a GOAT is a concept that's been a part of SuperMechs for a very long time now that's well-recognized by the older side of the loyal pilot population and very well capable of confusing the hell out of pilots that have only just heard of it. This topic should bring you up to speed with this strange ideology of life if you are one of the pilots who are new to the idea or new to the game in general. BUT before we begin, I should clarify one thing..

A GOAT is a GOAT, not a goat. The key difference between the two differently type versions of the same word? One is a mech lifestyle and the other is a 4-legged, furry headbutting machine of a farmyard animal. We're talking about GOATs. Got that confusion all cleared up? Good. Now then, let's begin.

With every ideology, there's a history behind that ideology. The ideology of GOATs is no different from ideologies out in the real world in that regard, even when it's really just an ideology in SuperMechs. However, like with all other ideologies, you must dive into the deep lore to get the full experience and reach peak enlightenment. Unfortunately, it's hard to say where the GOAT ideology originated but for the sake of simplicity, let's just say that it all started from an event. What's this event I speak of? Let me tell you a little "story".. Or loose description, I suppose.

A very long time ago, during the Tacticsoft Era of SuperMechs (a time before the Gato Era, the time we're currently in), there was a special and unique event that took place within the SuperMechs community. Pilots of many different mechs, ranks, and notoriety partook in this curious event. This event was the GOAT Tournament. Though the name of the tournament sounds rather odd, it's quite fitting when you consider a special thing about it. Stay tuned to learn more.

This tournament is unlike anything you would normally see in SuperMechs, however. Why? There were specific conditions for the kind of mechs that could participate, which was a way for make the tournament balanced between pilots with godly inventories and those who have scarce ones. I won't dive into those conditions since I'm saving the good bits for the next part of this topic. I don't want to ruin the best part before the reveal, after all. Haha....... Ok, all flatlined witty jokes aside, time for us to get back on topic. 

The tournament was structured after what you would expect out of a tournament -- All participants get split into pairs, each pair engage in combat, the winner advances to be paired with the winner of another pair in the next bracket, the loser is eliminated. Rinse and repeat for every bracket until there is one pilot remaining. Nothing special or surprising there. I'm unsure of the final standing rewards of these tournaments since I haven't participated in said events but if there's one thing for sure, these GOAT tournaments always had one reward waiting for the winner -- The GOAT mech perk.

The GOAT mech perk was something to behold, emphasis on something, and something that all pilots strived to get. The perk isn't any different from any other perk in terms of functionality, in case you were wondering, so it was just for cosmetics. You could say that it's comparable to the Pumpkin mech perk with how it changes your mech's appearance, except instead of the perk-equipped mech's torso being a pumpkin, it was a.. What's the best way to put this.. The perk turned the torso of any mech, that it was equipped to, into a "mech goat". Yes, you heard me correctly. No, that's not made up, that's an actual thing that happened. I wish I could provide an image to show the perk but that's something that only a player with the perk or was around at the time of the tournament could do. It'll likely be shown in the comments by someone, anyway, so there's that.

Unfortunately, since Tacticsoft's departure, there hasn't been any public GOAT tournaments, at least as far as I'm aware, correct me if I'm wrong. But just because there hasn't been a tournament like that/those in a long while, that doesn't mean that they won't ever make a grand return in some way or form for GOAT lovers to do what they do best -- Be a GOAT or a goat GOAT with fellow GOATs in a friendly contest to the death to see who's the best GOAT of them all. 

Now with that history lesson out of the way, I'm aware that I haven't told you about what a GOAT actually is. That's purely intentional. Why? It's because of..

.. This whole section that's dedicated to the explanation of GOATs. So, what is a GOAT? The term "GOAT" refers to a kind of mech that is composed of epic level 1 mech parts or any level of common / rare mech parts. Does it matter as to what kind of mech parts you use? Nope. Does it matter as to how much of one part is used on your mech? Not at all. Can it be composed of parts that are epic level 2? If you have any part that's not an epic level 1 or lower, you're not a GOAT. Seems easy enough to understand, right? If so, good, you're partway to being a proper GOAT.

Once a pilot has created a GOAT, what exactly do they do with that GOAT? It's simple, really. They engage other GOATs in one-on-one battles, regardless of if those battles are friendly sparring matches or a deathmatch to prove one's superiority over another. It may seem terrifying and to think about and complicated to get started with at first, but once you get your first steps down, you'll be aggressively assaulting other GOATs like a professional in no time at all.

With the basics now down-pat and your GOAT in possession of a pride-worthy uninterrupted killstreak, you're surely ready to become one of the ultimate GOATS, right? Not even close and by a long shot. How so? It's always one thing to be a GOAT that's capable of headbutting the opposition to death and becoming an icon that people recognize and respect.. But to become a true GOAT, it takes much more than having wits and strength alone.

When you have a passionate connection with a hobby or a lifestyle, you're bound to enjoy it more and do things more as second-nature. In regards to GOATs, there's no exception to that. With becoming a true GOAT, you can't just simply think about things during a battle nor can you simply go in swinging with no thoughts at all. You have to move away from thinking about strategy and instead put yourself in the mindset of a GOAT. Don't consider battles to be just another battle, consider every battle to be a stepping stone that pushes you closer to your goal of reaching GOAT-vana. Instead of thinking about the rewards that lie at the end of a victorious battle, think about the rewarding feeling you're getting from the current experience. Don't simply pick and choose between items, embrace all items equally and wield them to their fullest GOAT potential, regardless of if it's a common drone or an epic chaingun.

Follow these steps and, with time and practice, you will become a truly ultimate GOAT. 

Closing

Still here, huh? If not, I don't blame you for not reading through the topic. If you are, congrats, you just learned about GOATs to some degree you'll likely never use.. But hey, knowledge is power and with power, more is better.

Anywho, that's all for this lesson topic. Let me know what you think and feel free to correct any mistakes that I've made (all humans make mistakes, so we gotta help each other out with fixing 'em) in the comments below. I hope y'all have a good day/night and remember:

This was fun 🤣 and good for the community and secret guest players. 🥸

Introduction

Closing

thanks but no, am lazy at reading long topic

Hcaptcha scam

Tournament was hosted by El Metre, not by TS. First one was some months after reloaded happened, or if speak more specific after first balance patch of reloaded. Tournament not got a light in last years simply because El Metre left game long ago and even before he left there was a lot of troubles with tournament itself, like arena shop buffs and etc.

10 hours ago, PaintedAshwithSnow said:

Tournament was hosted by El Metre, not by TS. First one was some months after reloaded happened, or if speak more specific after first balance patch of reloaded. Tournament not got a light in last years simply because El Metre left game long ago and even before he left there was a lot of troubles with tournament itself, like arena shop buffs and etc.

Thanks for the heads up and correction. I didn't mean for the topic to sound like TS was the host of the event. I didn't know who hosted the event, so I avoided (or at least tried to avoid) using specification by saying it was "an event within the SM community during the TS Era".  Though it does kinda sound like I was saying TS was responsible for the tournament, now that I'm looking at it.

I'm not sure about if I should edit the topic to specify the host now that I know about that or hope that the individuals who read this topic also read the comments and find this, but the information is appreciated, nonetheless.

Edited by W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T
Just a very slight change in wording; Noticed a missing word, added it via second edit. (see edit history)

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

15 hours ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

I wish I could provide an image to show the perk but that's something that only a player with the perk or was around at the time of the tournament could do. It'll likely be shown in the comments by someone, anyway, so there's that.

Going nowhere with all the intent and purpose of going somewhere.

As far as I can recall, the GOAT winners are as follows:

Grosbite (although he’s said he lost his perk due to some clan war glitch), Wepwawet (now Neferitey Mitten-Mut or however you spell that), Splatter (quit), Nemesis9 (now Coddiwomple [hey, that’s me!]), Sohoku Gamer (banned), and Jiyoon / Ricemech88

On 12/14/2021 at 3:43 PM, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

The link leads to a Sorry message for some reason. 

Here’s a pic instead

4ED1C75C-2827-443A-A6B7-00F2AD81AED3.png

Edited by Coddiwomple
Added the name of the last winner (see edit history)

Going nowhere with all the intent and purpose of going somewhere.

19 hours ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

Introduction

Closing

bro i enjoyed reading that so much

4 hours ago, Coddiwomple said:

As far as I can recall, the GOAT winners are as follows:

Grosbite (although he’s said he lost his perk due to some clan war glitch), Wepwawet (now Neferitey Mitten-Mut or however you spell that), Splatter (quit), Nemesis9 (now Coddiwomple [hey, that’s me!]), Sohoku Gamer (banned), and I think one other person who I don’t know.

Here’s a pic instead

4ED1C75C-2827-443A-A6B7-00F2AD81AED3.png

Oh, you are Nemesis. 🙂 good to know. 

Nefertary  use that perk often. Also, last year she organized a game. I think was the last one. Maybe I am wrong. 

6 hours ago, NAME_NOT_FOUND said:

How to GOAT: Spend all your money on packs. Spend all your friends money on packs. Rob a bank and spend that money on packs. You have taken the first step. Move to the next town, find bank, rob bank, buy packs. Repeat 48 more times. Congratz you now can sometimes make rank 3. 

That's.. Uh.. How you whale in SuperMechs.

8 hours ago, NAME_NOT_FOUND said:

How to GOAT: Spend all your money on packs. Spend all your friends money on packs. Rob a bank and spend that money on packs. You have taken the first step. Move to the next town, find bank, rob bank, buy packs. Repeat 48 more times. Congratz you now can sometimes make rank 3. 

bruh

That's.. Uh.. How you whale in SuperMechs.

and go to the jail madafaka

Hcaptcha scam

10 hours ago, SC2A said:

and go to the jail madafaka

We're here to appreciate the way of GOATs, don't worry.

There aren't any premiums here to bother the ideology that's truly fun to do with friends and fellow GOATs. 

Arena buffs can still go die, though. They ruin everything whenever they're involved. 

1 minute ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

We're here to appreciate the way of GOATs, don't worry.

There aren't any premiums here to bother the ideology that's truly fun to do with friends and fellow GOATs. 

Arena buffs can still go die, though. They ruin everything whenever they're involved. 

unless they benefit you, i may add

6 minutes ago, Dr.Doofensmirtz said:

unless they benefit you, i may add

Yes, but that still harms others who don't have them maxed and are just trying to appreciate the ways of GOAT.

I kinda learned that the hard way during one friendly GOAT private battle that I did. It did not end well.