Base Defense

PlainBadLuck

Base serves as a way to obtain items and coins, but what if it were more? I propose a new base defense mode.

The concept: Players would create their own buggies, tanks, mechs, and eventually bosses to defend their base, with stronger, more numerous defenses becoming available as their base grows. They would then raid opponent's bases, getting rewards which they can use to augment their base and upgrade their mechs. 

A few flaws and obstacles with the idea (ignoring the fact that it would likely not be implemented due to lack of interest or resources from Gato Games): 

• Many players already have a max base, which could screw up the progression idea. Perhaps a 2nd base, or just ignore base building levels in the defense mode. 
  • If everyone starts from scratch regarding the defenses, and uses their main mechs to attack opponents' bases, then you would have maxed mechs attacking weak bases. Would the player be forced to create a new, separate mech for the mode? Could older players with more resources use their gold, tokens and items to upgrade their base/defenses/base mech faster than newer players? A progression system in which new stuff is unlocked after x amount of base assaults could help, but it would also make the mode less flexible, and potentially less fun.
  • How would the base mode and regular mode interact with each other? How would rewards be determined, and which rewards would go to which modes? Would there have to be new items for base (ie tank/buggy chassis, new boss items, maybe even a shop to upgrade the base stats, like how mechs grow stronger using the same items in campaign)?

This is a very basic premise, I'd appreciate additions or suggestions to improve it and detail it more. 

3 hours ago, PlainBadLuck said:

Base serves as a way to obtain items and coins, but what if it were more? I propose a new base defense mode.

The concept: Players would create their own buggies, tanks, mechs, and eventually bosses to defend their base, with stronger, more numerous defenses becoming available as their base grows. They would then raid opponent's bases, getting rewards which they can use to augment their base and upgrade their mechs. 

A few flaws and obstacles with the idea (ignoring the fact that it would likely not be implemented due to lack of interest or resources from Gato Games): 

• Many players already have a max base, which could screw up the progression idea. Perhaps a 2nd base, or just ignore base building levels in the defense mode. 
  • If everyone starts from scratch regarding the defenses, and uses their main mechs to attack opponents' bases, then you would have maxed mechs attacking weak bases. Would the player be forced to create a new, separate mech for the mode? Could older players with more resources use their gold, tokens and items to upgrade their base/defenses/base mech faster than newer players? A progression system in which new stuff is unlocked after x amount of base assaults could help, but it would also make the mode less flexible, and potentially less fun.
  • How would the base mode and regular mode interact with each other? How would rewards be determined, and which rewards would go to which modes? Would there have to be new items for base (ie tank/buggy chassis, new boss items, maybe even a shop to upgrade the base stats, like how mechs grow stronger using the same items in campaign)?

This is a very basic premise, I'd appreciate additions or suggestions to improve it and detail it more. 

This was my idea back in TS forum. Don't know if I brought it here. I think I brought it up before base was established.  Anyway, I am still for it, yet not gonna happen.  I seriously would come back to the game and do this. 

Now here is my idea.

- Once you had implement a weapon into the base mechs, they cannot be uses in other events, unless removed from base mechs. So, example if you have a Maxed Mythical Rock Recoiler on a buggy, you can not use it Arena Builds, Titan, war, campaign, or raid. Using items on base builds, decreases inventory number. Say you have inventory 220 and you use 6 items on base mechs, those six items are deducted from inventory which is 214, until taken off they go back to inventory.

- Base upgrading: Every base starts at lvl 1. At lvl one, you use one build at that lvl upgrading base mechs and items gets you closer to be able to upgrade to the next lvl.  Every 10 lvls requires a certain amount of HP to be ment, before upgrading. There are 30 lvls for a 1v1 base. To go to a 2v2 lvl base, starts at lvl 31.  For a 3v3, starts at lvl 61, and reaches max at 1v1 90.

I can get into more detail, yet this can even out for everyone. 

lvl 1

2135615732_bandicam2021-11-0514-59-45-846.thumb.jpg.76b8843a66fdbccbd7e59c1c2a94bc26.jpg

Edited by JamAnime (see edit history)