how bad the account protection system is

Indigo

Question

Dear developers, please listen. Now accounts can be stolen too easily let's write to Sarah she asks only for the ID of the account, please make another confirmation mail for this. There is also a bug with which you can change the data values only account data, please remove it

11 answers to this question

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Indigo said:

Now accounts can be stolen too easily let's write to Sarah she asks only for the ID of the account, please make another confirmation mail for this.

Sarah only needs your player ID because she was an administrator with administration tools, which are protected way better than our accounts themselves.

7 hours ago, Indigo said:

There is also a bug with which you can change the data values only account data, please remove it

That bug needs the attacker to have access to your account. Unless you give your password to someone it will never happen.

___

If there was any way to steal anyone's account that easily, the people who really should worry about it are top players. Everyone knows them, and certainly, there are many people jealous of their inventory and medals, yet they are not getting hacked at all.

I don't know what people have been telling you, but it's not like that.

If you want to make sure that your account is safe, simply do not share your password, don't login from suspicious links, and have a lenghty pass, just the same generic tips as if you wanted to protect your instagram account. 🙂

Edited by Raul
Improved safety tips (see edit history)

Off-beat heat mechs ™image.png Spitfire

1 hour ago, Raul said:

Sarah only needs your player ID because she was an administrator with administration tools, which are protected way better than our accounts themselves.

That bug needs the attacker to have access to your account. Unless you give your password to someone it will never happen.

___

If there was any way to steal anyone's account that easily, the people who really should worry about it are top players. Everyone knows them, and certainly, there are many people jealous of their inventory and medals, yet they are not getting hacked at all.

I don't know what people have been telling you, but it's not like that.

If you want to make sure that your account is safe, simply do not share your password, don't login from suspicious links, and have a lenghty pass, just the same generic tips as if you wanted to protect your instagram account. 🙂

nevertheless, quite a few accounts were stolen through the ID, so it would be better if they ask for mail. And as for the bug, this is a system error, so it should be fixed.

5 hours ago, Raul said:

If there was any way to steal anyone's account that easily, the people who really should worry about it are top players. Everyone knows them,

Justly. If someone were to hack into systems and steal accounts, they would not do so with any known account. Those who make systems to steal, do it because there are people who buy, and nobody would be so stupid to buy a known account. I guess they go for mid-range accounts that have little or no activity.

Fortunately it seems that these hackers haven´t landed here. But I have read on forums of other games that they do. Here all the times that accounts have been stolen are scam artists who trick players into giving them the password.

firma.jpg.5ad7ed7596a81f94ed0e4ad194f78bfb.jpg

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Nefertary Meriten-Mut said:

Justly. If someone were to hack into systems and steal accounts, they would not do so with any known account. Those who make systems to steal, do it because there are people who buy, and nobody would be so stupid to buy a known account. I guess they go for mid-range accounts that have little or no activity.

This is actually wrong for the same reason that some people think hackers would be ‘subtle’ with cheats when in truth they often cheat millions of tokens and hundreds of millions in gold they don’t actually need or use.

Professional hackers would never waste time on a game like this unless its white hat (for fun, and report it after opposed to sharing the method or profiting). Hacking is hard, long work and even if its just for some game accounts, it may just be a game, but it’s still illegal by law. You can go to jail, and the countries many hackers are from do not have nice, warm jails. It’s not worth risking that unless you’re missing a couple of cells up there. 😛

It’s usually young kids who found a tool and like to call themselves hacker, they’re not generally smart enough to hide their tracks. For sure they wouldn’t be able to resist hacking the biggest accounts to show off their l33t skillz. We’ve caught them trying a lot dumber than that.

Raul covered everything else. Don’t share your account if you want it to be safe. Fixing ‘security issues’ that only affect people who are breaking our ToS (usually for an unfair advantage in the game...) is not a priority.

7 hours ago, Alexander said:

This is actually wrong for the same reason that some people think hackers would be ‘subtle’ with cheats when in truth they often cheat millions of tokens and hundreds of millions in gold they don’t actually need or use.

Professional hackers would never waste time on a game like this unless its white hat (for fun, and report it after opposed to sharing the method or profiting). Hacking is hard, long work and even if its just for some game accounts, it may just be a game, but it’s still illegal by law. You can go to jail, and the countries many hackers are from do not have nice, warm jails. It’s not worth risking that unless you’re missing a couple of cells up there. 😛

It’s usually young kids who found a tool and like to call themselves hacker, they’re not generally smart enough to hide their tracks. For sure they wouldn’t be able to resist hacking the biggest accounts to show off their l33t skillz. We’ve caught them trying a lot dumber than that.

Raul covered everything else. Don’t share your account if you want it to be safe. Fixing ‘security issues’ that only affect people who are breaking our ToS (usually for an unfair advantage in the game...) is not a priority.

Yes, you caught a lot of cheaters, but I know a lot more cheaters Which you have not banned 😕

23 hours ago, Raul said:

Absolutely.

I can see some of the OP's complaint being valid.  I would prefer that there is some sort of 2 factor authentication when logging in from a new location/device.

I would like to see some sort of secret question/answer function for changing your password, etc.

But giving someone your username and password is a very very stupid thing to do, so I agree with you mostly, Raul.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

21 hours ago, Nefertary Meriten-Mut said:

Справедливо. Если бы кто-то взламывал системы и крал учетные записи, он не сделал бы этого ни с одной известной учетной записью. Те, кто делает системы для кражи, делают это потому, что есть люди, которые покупают, и никто не будет настолько глуп, чтобы купить известный аккаунт. Я предполагаю, что они идут на средние счета, которые имеют мало или вообще не активны.

К счастью, похоже, что эти хакеры не приземлились здесь. Но я читал на форумах других игр, что они делают. Здесь все случаи, когда учетные записи были украдены, - это мошенники, которые обманывают игроков, чтобы дать им пароль.

but still, some accounts were stolen through ID. Yes I know that this is our mistake that our ID was in the wrong hands but still it is worth doing a check through the mail.