Scope mech

SC2A

Got nothing better to do so thought I'd give some pointers. Overall not a bad design, but it's rather inconsistent even when built and played optimally. There's many different variants to try, but this one below is one of the better ones.

A few points I'd like to make if you're going to try these, firstly to use Rock Recoiler over Dark Eagle. Recoiler just works much better against heat huggers and can provide some decent damage at range 1. Secondly if you're going to use a second utility, I'd recommend grapple over superb charge. Mainly because you'll find your back against the wall often with this mech architype, and being able to grapple from said position is a great next turn threat to either repulser + scope if the opponent jumps back or teleport + scope if the opponent doesn't move. 

Just want to reiterate that this design isn't the end all be all for phys scopes, it's just a decent one. You don't necessary need double teleport or energy fortress, but in some situations they help. Single teleport is obviously a must, however. 

image.thumb.png.559632a8fe4061bdba718d904196fcc9.png

On 10/16/2021 at 9:00 PM, WarrMachine said:

Got nothing better to do so thought I'd give some pointers. Overall not a bad design, but it's rather inconsistent even when built and played optimally. There's many different variants to try, but this one below is one of the better ones.

A few points I'd like to make if you're going to try these, firstly to use Rock Recoiler over Dark Eagle. Recoiler just works much better against heat huggers and can provide some decent damage at range 1. Secondly if you're going to use a second utility, I'd recommend grapple over superb charge. Mainly because you'll find your back against the wall often with this mech architype, and being able to grapple from said position is a great next turn threat to either repulser + scope if the opponent jumps back or teleport + scope if the opponent doesn't move. 

Just want to reiterate that this design isn't the end all be all for phys scopes, it's just a decent one. You don't necessary need double teleport or energy fortress, but in some situations they help. Single teleport is obviously a must, however. 

image.thumb.png.559632a8fe4061bdba718d904196fcc9.png

cool advise.