What is boosting

Fordekash

Question

Now that I see the details I can’t say I’m opposed. If two people agree to let one person win then that is their choice. 

More concerning is a person with multiple accounts but if you have multiple accounts in the top ranks it’s not like you ended up there without being good?  

it really seems to take more work than just fighting every match so let em have it. Also I don’t feel they are holding me back in rank. I can’t be r1-2 regardless so how high they have boosted in those ranks makes no difference to me. I still lose the fight 😃

1 hour ago, Fordekash said:

Now that I see the details I can’t say I’m opposed. If two people agree to let one person win then that is their choice. 

More concerning is a person with multiple accounts but if you have multiple accounts in the top ranks it’s not like you ended up there without being good?  

it really seems to take more work than just fighting every match so let em have it. Also I don’t feel they are holding me back in rank. I can’t be r1-2 regardless so how high they have boosted in those ranks makes no difference to me. I still lose the fight 😃

People with more than one account it is no an issue. I will say generally speaking are honest players playing different accounts for fun like me. Everyone can see my fights and know well. I give wins asked when I can. When I am in my daily and in rush I go for the killing no win grants or when I go to play for serious ways "very rare" then I kill and kill to get to the top. Some players fun is to win and they have goals to be at top and some others like me is to have fun and do what they want because it is the idea to relax in a game. Pro players takes things seriously and farmers like me focus in development for future in a consistent way getting stronger and stronger day by day and no rush to the top because we know we will be there and nothing to prove to others if are capable to be at top. 

All takes to have a good mech and that makes the difference. Sure some are pro and are very smart players regardless power in their accounts. They play really well and it is fun to see their plays not to copy but to enjoy their fights. 

All it is in the player how wants to play in the game regardless others people opinion due to still a game and if work in their way so why not. As you say, enjoy your account and development and achieve what you want. My fun is to make parts L50 as fast I can as relaxing fun and make friends with everyone around. 🙃

13 hours ago, AssClown said:

I knew about it but didn't know how to before. I personally wouldn't do it as I consider it cheating and would rather get there on my own merits.

Reading thru these comments I really don't see a fair way to stop it. Both players lose if the other player quits on you? Come on, who hasn't had someone quit on you because you were over matched for them. Or they had low low energy and run into an energy mech and left with nothing but jumping around. Been there done that.

Things like this Alex will have to work out sooner or later,

Brought to you by asshats to reelect AssClown to the Itty Bitty Titty Committee.

Maybe fix the replay system so that ALL arena fights are logged? That way if they're fighting boosting accounts, i.e. alts, everyone can see it?

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

On 9/15/2021 at 12:55 PM, SawzAll said:

Maybe fix the replay system so that ALL arena fights are logged? That way if they're fighting boosting accounts, i.e. alts, everyone can see it?

You say like we don't know who is boosting and with what accounts. One look at the leaderboard will tell you exactly that (people online). Also 0-3 replays while being top 3 shows exactly the same what insta quit replays would too. Also to add that people who boost dont give a shit with trying to hide it. What I would suggest is that game shouldn't match you with the same player for some time.

Edited by Pavke (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Pavke said:

You say like we don't know who is boosting and with what accounts. One look at the leaderboard will tell you exactly that (people online). Also 0-3 replays while being top 3 shows exactly the same what insta quit replays would too. Also to add that people who boost dont give a shit with trying to hide it. What I would suggest is that game shouldn't match you with the same player for some time.

First of all, are you against boosting?  I won't judge how you reply.

And right now, people who boost just reset their app to reset their ability to be matched.  If you mean incorporating it into the server side, some people might get upset with that if it doesn't distinguish between ladder and non-ladder matches.  It might be tricky.

I'd still want it incorporated into the replay system.  That way even if the system doesn't stop you from boosting, at least initially people can easily go look at people's replays and see whether they're boosting or not.

I am no programmer, so I don't know which solution would be the easiest to implement.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html