Honest players disadvantage

13 minutes ago, AftoKrator said:

dont forget the shields.... they're also banned from arena and raid

for a more convincing statement (not that i am on your side for this topic), put caps on "almost" not "everyone" 

Unfortunately the system forced to convert everything, or they would convert themselves automatically alone 😞

It took months of starting to improve everything from scratch, playing on the map and avoiding the sand.

I made that tutorial to help my followers, nobody understood anything back then

6 hours ago, Alex2040bR said:

it had been commented from TacticSoft
that old elements would be removed from the arena

⬆️

This is NOT true !

5 hours ago, Purific said:

Tacticsoft said that they will NEVER touch (balance) or remove legacy items from the game.

⬆️

This is true !

Tacticsoft promised to not touch them, but they broke their promising and changed the 1 kg Teleport to 20k and banned the Shields from Arena !

I do not understand, why you @Alex2040bR need to come up with the opposite of the truth, when you want to ask for something !

Please just ask for it, BUT do not change the facts about !

😉

My opinion ...

5 hours ago, Alexander said:

adding them to (boxes or) portals

... this would be great !

And to be honest, some are useful - still - as well as in the Top ranks, BUT that ("usefull") does not mean that they gain any advantage ... just a different build of mech, not more, not less !

😜

8 hours ago, Purific said:

No, Tacticsoft said that they will NEVER touch (balance) or remove legacy items from the game.

Yeah, it’s too late for that. Tacticsoft already did. As people already mentioned, shields and healing drone are banned from raids and arena.

On 6/19/2021 at 7:58 PM, Alex2040bR said:

Unfortunately the system forced to convert everything, or they would convert themselves automatically alone 😞

It took months of starting to improve everything from scratch, playing on the map and avoiding the sand.

I made that tutorial to help my followers, nobody understood anything back then

Interesting👍

If the player was playing in legacy and not all parts were converted and can still use them in some ways I think it is fine. They are long term players suffering a big change in the game. 🙃

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2021 at 11:54 PM, OKI DOKI said:

Interesting👍

If the player was playing in legacy and not all parts were converted and can still use them in some ways I think it is fine. They are long term players suffering a big change in the game. 🙃

i agree with this, my account fell from rank 7-6 to rank 15 due to me being late to catch onto reloaded for a few months, maybe even a year.

It’s just different builds. If they were better then those players would be top of the stack each week.

With legacy items a number of players should be given a shirt that says I spent 5000$ before reloaded and all I got was this surfboard. 

The 1 weight teleport was certainly an advantage enjoyed for a long time but it got nerfed to be 20 weight for some reason even though new teleports are 11 weight. 

Edited by Andernut (see edit history)

On 6/19/2021 at 7:22 PM, Zylok said:

There shouldn't be done anything to them, and just leave them as is.

Legacy weapons only give an advantage in utility, not in damage or anything else.

People who saved their Legacy weapons, or came back to the game later on are lucky for having kept them.

They don't have a real advantage by using Legacy items from rank 10 onwards with the exception of about 5 items.

the only useful legacy items are pushers, which are essentially infinite use repulsors. if an infinite use repulsor gives the opponent a massive edge over you its time to redesign your mech

I polish rocks

• 2 weeks later...

I do not remember double charge since I play the game but I think I saw it one time when I started the game as reloaded never legacy player. Now, I have seen many times dual grappler and legacy repulsers and few other items around. 

• 3 months later...
On 6/19/2021 at 5:36 PM, Alexander said:

Would the players prefer the full removal over adding them to boxes or portals?

I think receiving legacy items like legs, low weight teleports, double hook in each element, double charge, would help in both arena strategy and possibly Raid. Please keep in mind that some of us have spent 10 years acquiring these items. I have no issues with newer players having a chance to receive them, and applaud efforts to help them.

Obviously, ascension relics are more important to advancement but portal with some specific legacy items or your “Jeep Wheels” would be fun. Anything to add variety and make the game more fun to play, I support 100%. 

C8452D53-8A93-4273-BB82-808B526E9796.png

Edited by Mechzilla (see edit history)

I think due to I am reloaded player I never had in mind to have those legacy items. Sure many of current items are from legacy improved in different direction of how used to be in the past but some of those missing items saved by old players can be salvage and improve it. Those were functional in the past and can add some fun. 

About relics, I always say that players need to be able to collect relics regardless been in a clan or been solo player. Some people are in clans just because the relic grant from war as example. In my case I have been playing this game for only 2 years  and from those I have been only 10 months in a clan. I became top player as free player then enhanced account getting now some offers to keep up and maintain just basic R3 power level keeping the basic for modules etc. 

During my solo play time I was able only to max 2 premium items "MERCY" and "Selfish" and no more gold relics to go for any other premium item. My first divined was "CORRUPT LIGHT" and I did it because I had no clue what the heck was divined and players never explained me properly so I make a test and never again because had no gold and spending 500,000 on divined status was tuff on me regardless my farming level. 

The player should be ale to collect gold relics in an easier way specially reaching rank 10 for box. At that level the players already maxed out some items or even many items like me to L50 and some players got premiums items not like me that I had none ready but  many did have them. 

Portal like the other day getting relics it was a great idea and very important to develop.  There are few things I do consider to be fair in the game. One is that the older player already went through the hard time by longevity to get them and some have great luck and some others not that great regardless the time in the game like 5 years in reloaded or whatever is the time that happen and it is a bit unfair to give easy relics for new comers like me without passing the hard work of play time to be at that level. 

Now, the problem is that some play solo or intermittent on and off in clans and some play just limited time for years and others every single day like me so far not missing a single play day since account was open but been solo player the majority of my play longevity. 

The progress in ranks it does affect to combat getting matched against divined players. You can see that in the lower ranks and was a pain and it is in some ways at top when the game match maker match me with fully divined accounts or almost the majority of the items having more health and power resource to win by large or mare margin. 

The game it is a progressing game and for me every time I was leveled up a bit the game compensate with even higher health and more powerful items never allowing me to catch up to those levels and been hammered down all the time. Still today that the majority of my matches the players does have more health than my mechs and divined status. 

Due to the game does match with divined accounts already and accounts not divined I think is a bit unfair to play in that way even I do understand the years of older players getting those items ahead of me playing before me. I do not complain about it because is progress but I do in the sense of power level regardless longevity in the match selection.

Yes I win without divine status to all top players I know in the arena but their power it is superior and I win I think just by luck due to power out put from the weapons when shoot at the high end but if goes into the lower high or middle I am good as dead. The divine status it does provide a bit of margin wins and is good for those playing for long and getting luck but also is hard because the progress keeps going and new item been in clan let say at top those relics comes handy every season been R1 and war fights etc. 

Players need to get those gold relics in an easier way through portals, farming, sales, war, lower ranks boxes and few others even the players it is a solo players and also prevent some level of cheating. A solo player is in a great disadvantage to progress on divined status due to not been part of WAR and of course been not a ranker at the top side. 

Sometimes discourage players to keep playing because no hope to progress with those relics resulting to quit the game and sometimes to cheat. Many does have issues to be in clans due to personality because are hipper by nature or some like to be alone away from clan dramas or their rules because want to play their own style but been forced to join to collect relics. 

Farming should grant time to time those if farm heavy. Some can get relics leveling up the account, farming a lot regardless max out at L250. There are so many ways to implement those grants. Maybe in TITAN apart for coins can give some relics too so the solo player can keep moving. Some relics on raid at he lower side due to is hard to pass raid for many and I remember those days when I barely can pass the TIER1 as solo. 

Due to relics does not affect necessarily to game sales actually can get some sales too adding some cash to the coffer. Target some relics to low ranks too to get that extra missing relic been desperado to get that relic and complete the missing to transform. 

The idea is to see the light in the tunnel but not to make it impossible because the game takes very long to progress and item to L50. The amount of time farming is heavy and I surely knows well that been a farmer. 

Mechzilla does have great points here. Is been here for very long and seen many changes in this game. People like me we still learning ways so a good advise with logic and common sense from top players not for personal desire or gain but for the health of the game is good advise. 

So, I say yes to add some items enhanced from legacy and add them at portals and yes to look ways to get gold relics that help the entire community not particular rank or been part of clans. 

Sure is good to have clans and make friends there and I do not discourage clan membership but that has to be by desire of the pilot not forced to join like now because in some ways the player has been forced to be in a clan. 

I am a top clan member and I am there to help the clan for request been solo player and wanting to play solo. Now, I decided to help the clan as an honest request from the clan owner in good ways and we were friends before even join to help them out but was my choice. I did not joined to collect relics or tokens from their hard work but to help them giving them stability but they carry me and through their hard work I have been able to progress with relics. 

Now, I am a player with limitations on time to play pvp and the others but I can farm and of course in some ways I only can play as solo because no time to play the others parts of the game like pvp been limited on time. 

Having limited time to play but working hard my accounts it sometimes gets a bit boring not able to collect relics if I have issues and have to step out of the clan to not take advantage. 

Players do not need to agree with me but is my personal opinion as solo player mind set and a player who does farm a lot to progress the game limited to play pvp and sustain high rank out of focus. 

Those are all what I do have in 2 years playing this account OKI DOKI and not much to say. If I count about weapons to fight in the sense of attacking with premium part I have only 1 MERCY, 1 SELFISH and I did those when I was solo player. The others are some torsos and modules and that is thx to the clan. The other few EPIC parts is been granted as solo but not use it conserving gold and managing gold to do it little by little for older sets and current in use. So, in 2 years of play time I have only 2 real premium weapons divined to fight in the arena. 🤷‍♂️

image.png.0c522312096835f99e43f4e323e708a5.png

image.png.089d682e2410bad3c434018abf6a5694.png

This is O.D FARM 4months younger account than OKI DOKI. Premium weapons to attack opponent is ZERO. The premium parts as modules all is thx to the clan. The epic parts is been as accumulated as solo and clan. 

image.png.58f3f9c6f70f465e16b7183b5ac3720e.png

On 11/1/2021 at 10:36 AM, Mechzilla said:

I think receiving legacy items like legs, low weight teleports, double hook in each element, double charge, would help in both arena strategy and possibly Raid. Please keep in mind that some of us have spent 10 years acquiring these items. I have no issues with newer players having a chance to receive them, and applaud efforts to help them.

Obviously, ascension relics are more important to advancement but portal with some specific legacy items or your “Jeep Wheels” would be fun. Anything to add variety and make the game more fun to play, I support 100%. 

I mostly agree with you.

But some legacy items DO give legacy players an advantage.  And it's technically unfair because someone who never played legacy can't get the items.  This is part of the tendency to give away accounts (ToS violations, etc.).  So I think legacy items should get "reloaded" like Alexander once thought of doing.  Reloading legacy items would give us plenty of portal opportunities and add variety to the game.  "Reload" the legacy items that matter, trash the rest, which should free up sprite space in SM for new items (yes, that was an assumption).

With all due respect, too, many legacy items look fugly.  Especially the modules.  So in reloading them, making new or "refreshed" sprites would help.

But your idea is good also.  And to be fair, you're the expert because you've played SM since it was beta.  Me, I have only been playing one year.

If I may now make a general statement (not at you, Mechzilla), I'm totally against bringing shields in.  Why not make that slot a new cosmetic slot for things like Sabretooth legs (to complete your Sabretooth torso and to hide what you're using), drone cosmetics (hide what drone you're using), etc.?

To me, resistance makes more sense if you think of it as being shields.  I say we leave the shields aspect of Legacy alone and retire the concept.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

25 minutes ago, SawzAll said:

I mostly agree with you.

But some legacy items DO give legacy players an advantage.  And it's technically unfair because someone who never played legacy can't get the items.  This is part of the tendency to give away accounts (ToS violations, etc.).  So I think legacy items should get "reloaded" like Alexander once thought of doing.  Reloading legacy items would give us plenty of portal opportunities and add variety to the game.  "Reload" the legacy items that matter, trash the rest, which should free up sprite space in SM for new items (yes, that was an assumption).

With all due respect, too, many legacy items look fugly.  Especially the modules.  So in reloading them, making new or "refreshed" sprites would help.

But your idea is good also.  And to be fair, you're the expert because you've played SM since it was beta.  Me, I have only been playing one year.

If I may now make a general statement (not at you, Mechzilla), I'm totally against bringing shields in.  Why not make that slot a new cosmetic slot for things like Sabretooth legs (to complete your Sabretooth torso and to hide what you're using), drone cosmetics (hide what drone you're using), etc.?

To me, resistance makes more sense if you think of it as being shields.  I say we leave the shields aspect of Legacy alone and retire the concept.

yes, I do agree as reloaded. I think Mechzilla mean the same. Maybe I am wrong. I think portal with legacy reloaded meaning balanced and adjusted to current parts layout will be cool. Not need to go for a lot of new design for now but use same old items enhanced. Now, when I was watching some similar weapons of today some of them had different function but similar look. 

34 minutes ago, OKI DOKI said:

yes, I do agree as reloaded. I think Mechzilla mean the same. Maybe I am wrong. I think portal with legacy reloaded meaning balanced and adjusted to current parts layout will be cool. Not need to go for a lot of new design for now but use same old items enhanced. Now, when I was watching some similar weapons of today some of them had different function but similar look. 

To be fair, IF the reload of legacy items works properly, i.e. they are equivalent in power and not overpowered or underpowered, the next thing they could do is "sunset" the legacy items.

I.e. at a certain date, everyone who has the old legacy item, this item is transformed into the new reloaded item, and it's already divine.  That way no one gets shafted.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

18 minutes ago, SawzAll said:

To be fair, IF the reload of legacy items works properly, i.e. they are equivalent in power and not overpowered or underpowered, the next thing they could do is "sunset" the legacy items.

I.e. at a certain date, everyone who has the old legacy item, this item is transformed into the new reloaded item, and it's already divine.  That way no one gets shafted.

cool