Appreciate everyone you want to appreciate thread

Malthael

13 hours ago, rc said:

To stay on topic, I’m grateful Tacticsoft made this game. Otherwise, we wouldn’t be playing it right now.

There was nothing to rescue when everything was fine to begin with.

At least Tacticsoft was producing new items every month. I can’t say the same for Gato. When are we getting new items from Gato?

Gato took over this game around October last year, and to boot Tacticsoft planned in advance events and new item releases until the end of March. That gave Gato a 5-month grace period to come up with something.

Now, 7 months has elapsed. During that time, there were only a few balance updates (and bans) to show for Gato’s 7-month ownership.

How much longer must we wait for new items? How about an item portal? Whatever Gato has planned, it’s taking forever to produce something, anything.

Now things are a little sad in Super Mechs without tactic 😞

3 hours ago, DecepT.com said:

Now things are a little sad in Super Mechs without tactic 😞

bro tactisoft was awful to us. they never listened, and never banned people. not to mention the droprates were shit and there were so amny new items added you could never get an old item. it took me two years to get a single night eagle.

One Mech to rule them all

4 hours ago, MasterChief said:

they never listened

Oh, but Tacticsoft did. It wasn’t often. Perfect example is the disable base request. When the base was first introduced, there were many complaints on it. Due to the numerous complaints, Tacticsoft allowed the base to be disabled upon a one-time request.

4 hours ago, MasterChief said:

and never banned people

Oof! You couldn’t be more wrong. Tacticsoft did ban 2 people that I’m aware of due to cheating in the raid.

5 hours ago, MasterChief said:

not to mention the droprates were shit and there were so amny new items added you could never get an old item.

So, you want the game to be stagnant with no new items introduced? That way, you can catch up? Lol!

and there were so amny new items added you could never get an old item. it took me two years to get a single night eagle.

Ok, bro, your bad luck then.

1.PNG.904d54aa4f04c2be6fa5256d231ad03e.PNG2.PNG.b25d363f44b1c95852336a2edafd24fe.PNG3.PNG.e50e7cc62d0ab58bc43afaad47d4476d.PNG

Those are old items I haven’t maxed out yet. Yet I was able to acquire them during sales, or from premium packs and fortune boxes. It helps I’ve a lot of premium packs, and getting lucky from fortune boxes.

2 minutes ago, rc said:

Oh, but Tacticsoft did. It wasn’t often. Perfect example is the disable base request. When the base was first introduced, there were many complaints on it. Due to the numerous complaints, Tacticsoft allowed the base to be disabled upon a one-time request.

I remembered when Sarah disabled my base within a day of my request a long time ago when I initially had enough of the base's waiting nature as well as the time that she responded to a "campaign box disappearance" complaint that I sent and provided a premium box as compensation for that missing campaign box (damn reconnecting occurrences really do like to happen when boxes are being opened for some reason..).

Good times, especially since the in-game support option still worked.

never banned people

GrimMadness13.

He strangely disappeared despite having the intention of taking his already bad actions to a higher level. He also said to Sarah that he wasn't going to stop, even if staff warned him, so..

amny new items added you could never get an old item

I'm pretty sure that it's kind of the other way around.

I've tried to get Fractured Basalt Dissolver and Damaged Armor Dissolver but I kept getting Basalt and Blizzard Dissolvers.

The Ways of RNG are dependent on RNG. 

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

2 hours ago, rc said:

So, you want the game to be stagnant with no new items introduced? That way, you can catch up? Lol!

To be fair the items where mostly brushed up legacy items, but I still think that's better than getting only offers which most low rank f2ps would never get because they're too busy getting prem packs.

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime

4 hours ago, Spam said:

To be fair the items where mostly brushed up legacy items

If Tacticsoft still owned the game, we’d have still received new updates from the rest of the Legacy items with Reloaded stats.

It’s a shame Tacticsoft didn’t make it. With Tacticsoft, we were at a dawn of a new era. It’d have been interesting to see what new updates Tacticsoft would have devised.

Now that Gato has taken over, I can only wonder what the future holds for this game. Gato is definitely setting a different path from Tacticsoft.

On 5/21/2021 at 1:21 PM, SonnY-ku said:

Alex didn't save anything because Legacy was already good and without Tactictsoft there would be no Supermechs, Alex now has a different new version of the same game.

Personally, I liked legacy more. And you like the new version, and I respect your opinion. 🙂

Yeah we were talking about Gato Games' recent acquisition.  Legacy was 3 years ago.

Also, it seems from what I gather from others that someone created SuperMechs initially and sold it to TactiSoft.  So really I don't think it can be said that TactiSoft "made" legacy.

So yeah....

On 5/21/2021 at 11:38 PM, rc said:

There was nothing to rescue when everything was fine to begin with.

At least Tacticsoft was producing new items every month. I can’t say the same for Gato. When are we getting new items from Gato?

Gato took over this game around October last year, and to boot Tacticsoft planned in advance events and new item releases until the end of March. That gave Gato a 5-month grace period to come up with something.

Now, 7 months has elapsed. During that time, there were only a few balance updates (and bans) to show for Gato’s 7-month ownership.

How much longer must we wait for new items? How about an item portal? Whatever Gato has planned, it’s taking forever to produce something, anything.

1) Yes, there was something to rescue.  TactiSoft made bad decisions, especially towards energy mechs.  If you think this, you must not be aware of the many changes Alex has made.

2) I don't know about a 5 month grace period.  I feel like you're exaggerating.  But at the same time, in those 5 months we got the non-premium backfire resistance drainers.  Some have argued that these are pointless items, so I don't know if I would act like the 5 months that TactiSoft had planned for SM were all good things.

3) Again, you haven't been paying attention.  I can say a new item is already being planned, though I can't say what it is.

4) Businesses don't move at light speed.  Gato Games deserves at least a break for the time being because of all the turn-over and set-up they need to do.

Let's see,

- Base prices have been adjusted as an experiment (and this experiment will likely be finished soon I imagine)

- Legacy drop rates were increased.

- Gold portals were made a lot more lucrative (more tokens and more challenge, even though the Karens out there shot down the challenge aspect recently)

- Ban waves

- Balance changes

- Moving people's accounts over from Kongregate

- Dealing with the flash sunset effect

I think you might need to hang out on the discord more in #general so you can ask Alex what he's been up to and/or see it as it is discussed.

19 hours ago, Mechzilla said:

Glad to be of service and friendship, sir.

At least here's one good reply to me 🙂 

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

On 5/23/2021 at 4:32 AM, SawzAll said:

Yeah we were talking about Gato Games' recent acquisition.  Legacy was 3 years ago.

Also, it seems from what I gather from others that someone created SuperMechs initially and sold it to TactiSoft.  So really I don't think it can be said that TactiSoft "made" legacy.

So yeah....

I’ve been on the forum over 3 years; this is the first I heard someone else created Legacy, and then sold it to Tacticsoft.

On the contrary, I heard from some people on the old forum that Tacticsoft created Legacy. Originally, it was a mini-game in Battle Dawn. Once Tacticsoft realized how popular it became, Tacticsoft decided to turn it into a full-fledged game.

1) Yes, there was something to rescue.  TactiSoft made bad decisions, especially towards energy mechs.

As I mentioned in my previous post to someone else, Tacticsoft wasn’t done introducing new items into the game. Tacticsoft’s plans were cut short when Gato bought this game. Because Tacticsoft is gone, no one can say what the future holds for Energy under Tacticsoft’s reign.

However, in the past, I want to point out people always bitterly complained how op Valiant Sniper was. Thus, it got nerfed. So for the record, Tacticsoft always tried to maintain some balance within in this game. It just took time for it to occur.

What other bad decisions are you referring to?

2) I don't know about a 5 month grace period.  I feel like you're exaggerating.

Gato could have bought this game in October or November. I believe it was October.

I stand corrected on the final date of Tacticsoft’s scheduled event. It was at the end of February instead of the end of March. So, it was 4 months instead of 5 months.

You want the facts. Ask Alexander for confirmation on the date of ownership, and Tacticsoft’s last scheduled event.

But at the same time, in those 5 months we got the non-premium backfire resistance drainers.  Some have argued that these are pointless items, so I don't know if I would act like the 5 months that TactiSoft had planned for SM were all good things.

Obviously, not every new item Tacticsoft introduces is going to be of legendary quality, hence the different rarities. In case you didn’t notice, practically everything is based on rarity (e.g., common to legendary rarity).

Quote you:Capture.PNG.1d30fa6c2efa23f61c7d3faae9827198.PNG

Despite you saying that, I do see the “premium backfire resistance drainers” in the arena. Obviously, those are useful. Otherwise, I wouldn’t see those items in the arena.

3) Again, you haven't been paying attention.  I can say a new item is already being planned, though I can't say what it is.

Granted, I’m not current on the latest plans Alexander has since he likes to conduct business anywhere other than here (i.e., he’s more active on Discord), so I’m not current. Despite that, I’m aware Alexander wants to rebalance the game.

So, there’s a difference from paying attention to not knowing. Trust me when I say this: I’m always attentive on the old and new Super Mechs’ forums, hence receiving an observation score of 94% from 16 Personalities’ profile test.

4) Businesses don't move at light speed.  Gato Games deserves at least a break for the time being because of all the turn-over and set-up they need to do.

It has been 7 months since Gato took ownership. Granted Gato was busy settling in after taking ownership, it shouldn’t have taken that long for Gato to come up with the rebalance Alexander mentioned or introducing new items.

Let's see,

- Base prices have been adjusted as an experiment (and this experiment will likely be finished soon I imagine)

- Gold portals were made a lot more lucrative (more tokens and more challenge, even though the Karens out there shot down the challenge aspect recently)

- Moving people's accounts over from Kongregate

To be fair, I should have mentioned those projects you mentioned to give a thorough assessment of Gato’s work thus far. I didn’t think those projects were time-consuming, so it never occurred to me to mention those projects.

Besides, in my previous post to you, I was thinking along the lines of new item releases, not the other projects you mentioned. I never mentioned Gato was idle. All I mentioned is Gato is taking a long time introduce “new items” (or rebalance). Thus, I mentioned the wait time for new item releases twice to emphasize my point.

On 5/21/2021 at 9:38 PM, rc said:

Whatever Gato has planned, it’s taking forever to produce something, anything.

When I mentioned that comment, I meant something current, not the past, such as the new balance changes, still waiting for that to happen.

- Ban waves

- Balance changes

I already mentioned those projects. Since I figured those took time to do, I thought it was worth mentioning.

What Legacy drop rates? There are no Legacy drop rates since we’re in the Reloaded version of this game. It’s only Reloaded drop rates.

I'd have liked to reply to your “Legacy drop rates were increased” comment, but Legacy doesn’t exist anymore, so what you’re saying makes no sense.

- Dealing with the flash sunset effect

Your wording for “flash sunset effect” is vague. If you’re specifically referring to the desktop client, then it’s Tacticsoft who created the desktop client over a year ago, not Gato.

Oh, man, if you really thought Gato created the desktop client within 3 months, I can understand why you think Gato is busy. I can image creating the desktop client requires a lot of work.

If you think this, you must not be aware of the many changes Alex has made.

Capture.PNG.064bd47663cf32bbdb9ab4ed3e7e6855.PNG

Yes, I’m aware of those projects you mentioned. To reiterate, I only mentioned things that I wanted to discuss, specifically something current (e.g., new items or rebalance).

Honestly, I didn’t think much about those changes because they seem insignificant to me since they didn’t affect me, with the exception of the Gold Portal. But that was toned down now if I’m not mistaken, so meh. Another exception is the minor balance change. That was big deal. That affected every aspect of the game.

I think you might need to hang out on the discord more in #general so you can ask Alex what he's been up to and/or see it as it is discussed.

Discord isn’t my cup of tea, although I plan to visit it more often to stay up-to-date. In my book, there’s nothing worse than saying something that isn’t credible.

Thanks for the suggestion. That’s a good suggestion.

Edited by rc (see edit history)

23 minutes ago, epicspeedster said:

Can we go back to the original topic? This thread isn't about if tactisoft was better then gato, it was about appreciating each other

But we’re discussing our appreciation for our respective companies.

SawzAll wants to get into the finer points, which I’m happy to oblige him.

If you don’t want to read any of it, you’re welcome to ignore it. Please do.

3 hours ago, rc said:

Well, in this case you know that I appreciate Tacticsoft , But that doesn't mean that I hate Gato 

btw Gato means cat ,in Spanish

3 hours ago, rc said:
12 hours ago, SawzAll said:

What Legacy drop rates? There are no Legacy drop rates since we’re in the Reloaded version of this game. It’s only Reloaded drop rates.

I'd have liked to reply to your “Legacy drop rates were increased” comment, but Legacy doesn’t exist anymore, so what you’re saying makes no sense.

Lol, he didn't even know the old SM. Maybe he's a new player.

22 minutes ago, SonnY-ku said:

Well, in this case you know that I appreciate Tacticsoft , But that doesn't mean that I hate Gato 

btw Gato means cat ,in Spanish

To be honest, I don’t dislike Gato. As far as I’m concerned, it’s a fine company, although it’d be nice if they introduced something new, as in soon.

Having an item portal would be nice as well, even if it were a Cinco del Mayo sombrero hat. Let’s hope we get a 4th of July portal! 🎇

Legacy Drop Rates were tweaked to remove legendary drops from mix and silver boxes and decrease the epic drop rates of them, too.

Fortune Boxes were added and Premium Boxes + Packs were redesigned from pre-existing legacy boxes. The looks for those boxes were changed, too.

Also, there's no burgundy mythical boxes that can be bought with tokens since Reloaded removed them mostly but they were around in Legacy. 

They're still around but only come from special mythical-only deals.

Edited by W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T (see edit history)

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

4 hours ago, rc said:

You can argue that you aren't arguing about which company isn't better, but what is obvious is that you have a disagreement, and this isn't the place that you settle them. Not saying that you can't be thankful for a certain company, but just saying that this isn't the place for a disagreement

Clan: Goodbye To A World

epicspeedster, SpeedMachine

23 minutes ago, epicspeedster said:

You can argue that you aren't arguing about which company isn't better, but what is obvious is that you have a disagreement, and this isn't the place that you settle them. Not saying that you can't be thankful for a certain company, but just saying that this isn't the place for a disagreement

After my first reply to SawzAll, I washed my hands. Anything afterwards, I leave in it SawzAll’s ballpark. 🤷‍♂️

You ought to say something to SawzAll as well if it really bothers you. Like I mentioned earlier, I already washed my hands. 💧🤲

On a topic-related sidenote, I'd like to thank Oki for the non-debative addition. Gotta appreciate the good-hearted gif moments, too.

And gotta appreciate rc's moments of logic and casualness.Those moments are great as well.

1 minute ago, rc said:

After my first reply to SawzAll, I washed my hands. Anything afterwards, I leave in it SawzAll’s ballpark. 🤷‍♂️

You ought to say something to SawzAll as well if it really bothers you. Like I mentioned earlier, I already washed my hands. 💧🤲

I'm adressing both of you in my replies to this thread. I'm also telling you to stop replying if you have a different opinion, because this isn't the place for it, you can say that you "washed your hands" but you're still replying.

TLDR: Take this somewhere else. To you and sawz.

Clan: Goodbye To A World

epicspeedster, SpeedMachine