{{W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T}} - Fortune Box Grinding Progress Thread

Hello, everyone. Whiteout here.

I've been getting questions recently as to where I farm or how I get lucky since time that my dual premium fortune box streak occurred a day or two ago (it's in Flex Thread, by the way), which gave me an idea. I made this thread as a way to post my fortune box drop results and keep track of how many fortune boxes I get per each full fuel tank grind. That way, it'll give people a general idea of how my daily grinding for fortune boxes is like.

That, and I suffer from "eternal boredom" so this is an excuse for me to do something that's remotely productive. Also, yes, I'll try my best to keep this thread as updated as possible.. If it doesn't end up on the 5th page of the topic history by the time I get my first fortune box, that is.

But yeah, this is just a small thing I wanted to do because of boredom and the questions about fortune box grinding in general.

That's all I have to say, really, so I'll just end the topic here. 

I'm not the best at ending topics with closings so please refrain from judging me. That would be appreciated.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

Full Fuel Tank FB Grind #1: Overlord's Den 6 on Normal

Grind Details:

Start Fuel - 83/83

Refills - 1 (1 Level Up, 0 Purchased)

Fortune Boxes: 3 (0 Common, 1 Rare, 0 Epic, 2 Legendary)

End Fuel - 2/83

Total Runs - (83 - 27/5) + (83 - 2/5) = Good Enough Estimate
                         11 + 16  = 27
                         27 OD-6 Normal runs overall. (I won't include this math part in future grind results. Just the run estimate.)

Legendary Drops:

Fortune Box #1 - Flame Battery Armor

Fortune Box #2 - Overcharged Rocket Battery

Extra Notes:

- Take passive fuel regeneration during runs into account if the amount of runs are more than what my fuel capacity (83 fuel) is capable of. Also, my fuel regeneration arena buff is at level 4 (-7% on regen time for each fuel unit), which will affect how quickly fuel regenerates while each run is in progress. That passive fuel regen is also affected by +100% fuel regeneration events, so I'll add a note for grinds that occur on regen days so that people won't get confused.

- I may potentially take breaks during these grinds or stop the grind prematurely, so don't be alarmed by an increase of run potential during some grinds that don't occur on fuel regen days.

- No, I don't buy fuel refills. I mainly use my tokens for buying premium boxes since my luck mostly resides with them more than it does with packs.. Literally, it does. 

- These extra notes won't be as plentiful on future grinds since these are just ones to explain a few things, so you might want to read these specific ones if you love reading long lists of notes because this might be the last time that the notes are likely going to be this plentiful.

- Overlord's Den 6 on Normal has fortune box drop chances. They're lower chances than any boss node but they're definitely chances. Each run is only 5 fuel, so there's a lot of run potential, too. The only thing that you would need to worry about is the adaptability abilities of the enemies.. They can increase/decrease in overall power based on the mech that you use to do the mission, either its overall power or its HP. All I can really say is that my heat mech (2.6k HP) and my physical mech (2.3k HP) have to deal with 270 damage Ironbarks while my energy mech (1.5k HP) only has to deal with 150 damage Ironbarks.

- I will only update the thread with details of the current grind after I finish said grind. I'll also provide screenshots upon request since I take screenshots of nearly every legendary drop that I get, regardless of box type.. But I'll only do fortune box legendary drop screenshot showings here upon request because, well, this is a fortune box grinding progress thread. 

- I update grind results as I do the grind, so the results will most likely be accurate once I'm done and I only mention the legendary drops since that's the focus of this fortune box grind. Also, who would be impressed by an epic Blue Madness or a rare Anubis?

- I leveled up to 208 when my fuel reached 27, hence why 27 is in the run estimate calculation and why the calculation has 2 segments.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

1 hour ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

Full Fuel Tank FB Grind #1: Overlord's Den 6 on Normal

Grind Details:

Start Fuel - 83/83

Refills - 1 (1 Level Up, 0 Purchased)

Fortune Boxes: 3 (0 Common, 1 Rare, 0 Epic, 2 Legendary)

End Fuel - 2/83

Total Runs - (83 - 27/5) + (83 - 2/5) = Good Enough Estimate
                         11 + 16  = 27
                         27 OD-6 Normal runs overall. (I won't include this math part in future grind results. Just the run estimate.)

Legendary Drops:

Fortune Box #1 - Flame Battery Armor

Fortune Box #2 - Overcharged Rocket Battery

Extra Notes:

- Take passive fuel regeneration during runs into account if the amount of runs are more than what my fuel capacity (83 fuel) is capable of. Also, my fuel regeneration arena buff is at level 4 (-7% on regen time for each fuel unit), which will affect how quickly fuel regenerates while each run is in progress. That passive fuel regen is also affected by +100% fuel regeneration events, so I'll add a note for grinds that occur on regen days so that people won't get confused.

- I may potentially take breaks during these grinds or stop the grind prematurely, so don't be alarmed by an increase of run potential during some grinds that don't occur on fuel regen days.

- No, I don't buy fuel refills. I mainly use my tokens for buying premium boxes since my luck mostly resides with them more than it does with packs.. Literally, it does. 

- These extra notes won't be as plentiful on future grinds since these are just ones to explain a few things, so you might want to read these specific ones if you love reading long lists of notes because this might be the last time that the notes are likely going to be this plentiful.

- Overlord's Den 6 on Normal has fortune box drop chances. They're lower chances than any boss node but they're definitely chances. Each run is only 5 fuel, so there's a lot of run potential, too. The only thing that you would need to worry about is the adaptability abilities of the enemies.. They can increase/decrease in overall power based on the mech that you use to do the mission, either its overall power or its HP. All I can really say is that my heat mech (2.6k HP) and my physical mech (2.3k HP) have to deal with 270 damage Ironbarks while my energy mech (1.5k HP) only has to deal with 150 damage Ironbarks.

- I will only update the thread with details of the current grind after I finish said grind. I'll also provide screenshots upon request since I take screenshots of nearly every legendary drop that I get, regardless of box type.. But I'll only do fortune box legendary drop screenshot showings here upon request because, well, this is a fortune box grinding progress thread. 

- I update grind results as I do the grind, so the results will most likely be accurate once I'm done and I only mention the legendary drops since that's the focus of this fortune box grind. Also, who would be impressed by an epic Blue Madness or a rare Anubis?

- I leveled up to 208 when my fuel reached 27, hence why 27 is in the run estimate calculation and why the calculation has 2 segments.

How are this lucky i spend the same but get sh*t

1 hour ago, Dark conon mech said:

How are this lucky i spend the same but get sh*t

To be honest, I don't really know.

I didn't get legendaries or epics for a whole month then suddenly this started happening.

It's either a pity system or the game thinks that I don't have enough legendaries for an average level 207 (now 208) player.