Making the game less about rng/removing pads

AverageJoe.

Ok so i think we all know that the game is to much about rng im not talking about boxes (even though it is stupid u can get a all epic pack) im talking about hits with guns i want this to be less rng based meaning making the lowest dmg higher and maybe making the highest dmg lower since i think we all kinda want this game to be more about skill its simply not fair that a dual spartan (for instance) can hit 250 250 for some and 400 400 for others even though both spend some ressources maxing them and money/tokens getting them and pads just needs removing i think all top rankers have lost games to pad abusers and it just kinda suck on top of bad rng thanks for listening please comment if u want to add anything 😄

Sorry for the long text TLDR less rng on guns, remove pads

Edited by AverageJoe. (see edit history)

21 minutes ago, AverageJoe. said:

Ok so i think we all know that the game is to much about rng im not talking about boxes (even though it is stupid u can get a all epic pack) im talking about hits with guns i want this to be less rng based meaning making the lowest dmg higher and maybe making the highest dmg lower since i think we all kinda want this game to be more about skill its simply not fair that a dual spartan (for instance) can hit 250 250 for some and 400 400 for others even though both spend some ressources maxing them and money/tokens getting them and pads just needs removing i think all top rankers have lost games to pad abusers and it just kinda suck on top of bad rng thanks for listening please comment if u want to add anything 😄

No rng makes the game fun especially when it comes in clutch

26 minutes ago, Dark conon mech said:

No rng makes the game fun especially when it comes in clutch

Imo no it makes the game less skill depedant and makes it less fun for the other player like frantics hitting 480 445 with 100+ res just isnt fair (ik its the gamblers gun) but still u have never been mad at a loss where u hit extremly low and the enemy hit high ?

1 hour ago, AverageJoe. said:

Imo no it makes the game less skill depedant and makes it less fun for the other player like frantics hitting 480 445 with 100+ res just isnt fair (ik its the gamblers gun) but still u have never been mad at a loss where u hit extremly low and the enemy hit high ?

I've got bad frantic rng alot but when that when it comes in clutch it awesome also if you have a problem with frantic dont use it :c

3 hours ago, AverageJoe. said:

... So how player can play sm lol

Hcaptcha scam

7 hours ago, AverageJoe. said:

First of all, you start off with a logical fallacy of alleged certainty, i.e. "we all know."  Not trying to be rude, but I just don't support that statement because no, we don't all know.  Maybe if you had asked it as a question, i.e. not presuming to know what everyone thinks and feels, I would be more supportive.  But it would also have been nice to put a poll on it.  Not trying to discourage you from using the forum, but I can't agree: we don't all "know," and we don't all agree.  (And even then, scientifically speaking, humans are random too, so there's always going to be that person who don't agree, that outlier, etc.)

So you don't like pads?  I don't either, but to be honest, it helps spice up the game.  Because some battles in the arena, without pads, would just be two mechs firing spartans or frantics at each other.  All weapons, no strategy, no skill.  So I think we should keep the pads.  (And yes, I'm saying it: I feel like dual frantic/spartan builds tend to be all weapons and no skill.)

You also seem to want the weapons to have less of a wide range of damage.  I understand how you'd want that, and I'm not saying you're wrong.  But this also supports spicing up the game and skill.  I still think the Frantic Brute should get nerfed (again) but otherwise the range of damage is more real life.  So I think the RNG-based nature of weapons is fine in this game already (except Frantic Brute, which I think needs to be nerfed).

I appreciate your opinion.  My opinion is different than yours, though.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

4 hours ago, SawzAll said:

So you don't like pads?  I don't either, but to be honest, it helps spice up the game.  Because some battles in the arena, without pads, would just be two mechs firing spartans or frantics at each other.  All weapons, no strategy, no skill.  So I think we should keep the pads.  (And yes, I'm saying it: I feel like dual frantic/spartan builds tend to be all weapons and no skill.)

I once beat a rank 5 guy in chat because of pad lol

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime

5 hours ago, Spam said:

I once beat a rank 5 guy in chat because of pad lol

Yep, and I've lost to a pad hugger (healing pad).  I've just found that some of my builds have an easier time knocking them off the pad than others.  But if they consistently waste a turn to jump on the healing pad, they usually end up killing themselves.  Which is why I usually don't use turns to move unless i have to.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

2 hours ago, SawzAll said:

Yep, and I've lost to a pad hugger (healing pad).  I've just found that some of my builds have an easier time knocking them off the pad than others.  But if they consistently waste a turn to jump on the healing pad, they usually end up killing themselves.  Which is why I usually don't use turns to move unless i have to.

True, which further proves the point of why pads are balanced and shouldn't be removed.

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

Stolen from @JamAnime

23 hours ago, SawzAll said:

First of all, you start off with a logical fallacy of alleged certainty, i.e. "we all know."  Not trying to be rude, but I just don't support that statement because no, we don't all know.  Maybe if you had asked it as a question, i.e. not presuming to know what everyone thinks and feels, I would be more supportive.  But it would also have been nice to put a poll on it.  Not trying to discourage you from using the forum, but I can't agree: we don't all "know," and we don't all agree.  (And even then, scientifically speaking, humans are random too, so there's always going to be that person who don't agree, that outlier, etc.)

You also seem to want the weapons to have less of a wide range of damage.  I understand how you'd want that, and I'm not saying you're wrong.  But this also supports spicing up the game and skill.  I still think the Frantic Brute should get nerfed (again) but otherwise the range of damage is more real life.  So I think the RNG-based nature of weapons is fine in this game already (except Frantic Brute, which I think needs to be nerfed).

I appreciate your opinion.  My opinion is different than yours, though.

So you mean that if there is pads in a game of spartan/frantic duals would make them tp on them no i have never seen such a thing happen pads simply add rng and no skill factor to the game as its "oh i have a weapon pushing me on that pad" or "i have a weapon pushing them of the pad" doesnt seem skill full to me it doesnt take a master mind to see it

3 hours ago, AverageJoe. said:

So you mean that if there is pads in a game of spartan/frantic duals would make them tp on them no i have never seen such a thing happen pads simply add rng and no skill factor to the game as its "oh i have a weapon pushing me on that pad" or "i have a weapon pushing them of the pad" doesnt seem skill full to me it doesnt take a master mind to see it

It's doesn't, but utilizing it properly is hard.

Stolen from @JamAnime

On 4/24/2021 at 9:36 AM, AverageJoe. said:

Pads are fine.they musnt be removed.if they are removed no one will be able to beat clever name