I saw that Swoop is the less used premium drone, almost hated tbh.

CyberRodrigo

Petition to buff "Swoop"  

24 members have voted

1. 1. How should we do this?

• Do this change
    • Do not this change
    • Tweak this change

I'd like to suggest that Swoop should have its energy costs removed and given a bit of a buff. 

It's sad that some have it and doesn't even wants to use it, specially prefering Backstabbing protector (wich is epic tier starting) or even Clash, Firefly or anything else. So i wanted to see how we can modify it. I allways tried also to use it but his energy usage makes me also grin.

If it have a reasonable amount of heat dmg (note how it's not the damage to hp; those are explosive instead) I will want it. In fact, I will probably want it.

The reason it is hated (in using energy) is not because this item is bad but there's other (more "awesome") heat weapons (and drones) that don't use energy; for those energy free mechs it is apparent they don't want a energy-dependent drone but I would totally take it.

It's light, and it offers lots of heat damage. Why not?

Edited by CDR_Xavier
fixed grammar (see edit history)

It's a FLASH GAME. At least, it once were.

Get over it

8 hours ago, Shoultz262 said:

Buff it by removing the energy cost, but increasing the weight to like 40 kg. It would be too good otherwise if it's energy free.

Nemo would still be a better option tbh. Cap dmg could be considered as heating and nemo actually has 70 heat dmg, which is just a little lower than swoop. 

3 hours ago, Chef Riot said:

They should make Swoop, Greedy and Windforge all cost free, it would make them more usable, 

I have a lv 50 swoop as well so i think it would be nice to have cost free

Do you realize how broken that would be? No cost?

5 hours ago, Typhon4273 said:

Nemo would still be a better option tbh. Cap dmg could be considered as heating and nemo actually has 70 heat dmg, which is just a little lower than swoop. 

Yeah, but swoop does res drain and will still be lighter.

Weighing in my opinion as a level 11 arena guy who's played this game since Sep. 1, 2020. Take this with a grain of salt.

The short story is I think if heat drones are not going to have energy costs, Swoop should have its energy costs removed.

However, statistically, swoop's damage to weight ratio is very high.  That's because it's lightweight.  I don't think it needs a damage or heat or resistance drain buff.  But again, if we're going to do this thing that heat drones have no energy costs, swoop's energy costs should be removed.

I think Swoop fills a niche.  If I max out other things on my mech and I have only enough weight left for Swoop, I'm going to use Swoop.  It's one of the drones I want to get eventually, even if I prefer Nemo.

However, here's the long story.  Is there any push towards being at least moderately realistic in SuperMechs?  I know large fighting mechs are not realistic yet, but still....

If so, I would say all drones should require an energy cost to run the remote controller computer for that drone.  I used to work on military aircraft on radar, GPS, UHF, fire control, targeting, and all kinds of electronic and computerized systems.  It should draw energy to run. 

Then I would say drones should also not cost heat, or their heat costs should be very low, simply because I don't see how the drone is transferring heat to the mech.  Maybe, again, the computer box that's installed to run that drone is drawing heat, but not much.

So if this was to be more realistic, I would say ALL drones should cost 5 energy and 5 heat.

But given how SuperMechs is already working, I would think that ultra-realism isn't the point.  So that's why I split my reply into short and long story.

BOTTOM LINE: I think Swoop should be buffed by simply removing energy costs from it.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

On 12/21/2020 at 3:52 PM, Typhon4273 said:

Cap dmg could be considered as heating

I guess it's because swoop would be lighter, and its dependency on miniscule energy (which, in fact, is not lacking on a heat) means its heat cost would be less.

All in all, I don't think swoop is bad.

14 hours ago, STARWULPH said:

Right now all energy drones cost energy but no heat

It's a "meh" thing. I don't think adding "7 heat cost" to them will make a difference. If they hit harder.

And all physical drones cost the same energy and heat

lol, but less energy and heat than either energy drones or heat drones (beside swoop)

Swoop is priced like an physical drone

Because eng-free heat drones might as well be broken.

It's a FLASH GAME. At least, it once were.

Get over it

4 hours ago, CDR_Xavier said:

I guess it's because swoop would be lighter, and its dependency on miniscule energy (which, in fact, is not lacking on a heat) means its heat cost would be less.

All in all, I don't think swoop is bad.

It's a "meh" thing. I don't think adding "7 heat cost" to them will make a difference. If they hit harder.

lol, but less energy and heat than either energy drones or heat drones (beside swoop)

Because eng-free heat drones might as well be broken.

Still, it's not fair, specially for those (as me) that have swoop, to let it sit on the dust collection even if its divine. I really want to try it out in my energy free build since i don't have the good stuff for make an energy balanced mech. And even if is certainly good buffed, UPC and valiant are the most op stuff. aswell the unrealiable guardians that are also more loved than this stuff. So personally i think buffing Swoop SINCE IS A PREMIUM DRONE, to make it more loved and usefull of what it is...

Edited by CyberRodrigo
evn is really "even" due i forgot an e. Also made upc be UPC. (see edit history)