So, I am Alex and I sort of run this

Alexander

• Administrators

Hi guys 🙂 

Let me give the good example and introduce myself!

My name is Alexander but everyone calls me Alex. I am 28 years old, I am into sailing, ski-ing, reading, writing, anime/LNs, games and cooking. I started playing a game called BattleDawn back in 2006 when I was 14 and was asked to help test SuperMechs by a BD Admin back before it was public and just kind of stuck around. I lead a team called NCR (New Corgi Revolution) in Battle Dawn with Josh (Malicewolf) and am a member of the Shiba Revolution in Super Mechs. 

I studied Software Engineering, but frankly I find most things interesting.

Some years ago I was hired by Ilona to be Community Manager (we talked a lot and she suggested I apply if I really want to improve BD/SM so much, so I did), she however didn't stick with the company after that so I had to kind of learn the job on the spot on my own. And take parts of her job (Product Manager) while at it. This went pretty well and I formed a pretty natural gear in the SM and BD teams, but when the SM Team grew it became harder and harder for me to feel like I was making a meaningful impact. I went to Michael (Tacticsoft CEO), told him to either give me something else to do or I'll have to walk away eventually. He asked me what I want to do then and I offered to take over Battle Dawn instead, which was orphaned without a manager and close to a shutdown.

I took it over, it went pretty well, Battle Dawn didn't get shut down, grew a lot. We recruited Josh and Elcent who are awesome human beings and eventually Michael passed me onto a guy who was buying the rights to make a Battle Dawn sequel. We got along and after spending a lot of time discussing with each other, we decided to buy Battle Dawn itself as well. I re-recruited Ilona to the team (sadly she left a while ago again :P) and re-recruited Simmen, Gato Games was born. 

We improved Battle Dawn's servers a lot, I got the title of CEO, we recruited Gaurav, Fluffeh and Kenny and eventually got a chance to buy Super Mechs... Which at the time we couldn't. Got another one and this time we could and did. 

So yeah, here we are and here I am. Please be nice to me. 😛 

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, AEROST_YT said:

what the ..... realy 

well I definitely spent the night with AN Alex.

he denies it, but I know it was him. it was tender, yet potent, like a good perfume, gentle like a rose breathes, strong like the bull watches over its mate. just as I had always dreamt it.

*sigh* one day I will make him mine again. one day.

Vào ngày 11/1/2021 lúc 17:38, Fidelio nói:

Tôi chắc chắn đã qua đêm với AN Alex.

anh ấy phủ nhận điều đó, nhưng tôi biết đó là anh ấy. nó nhẹ nhàng, nhưng mạnh mẽ, như một loại nước hoa tốt, nhẹ nhàng như bông hồng thở, mạnh mẽ như con bò đực theo dõi con người bạn đời của nó. giống như tôi đã luôn mơ về nó.

* thở dài * một ngày nào đó tôi sẽ biến anh ấy thành của tôi một lần nữa. một ngày.

Tôi nghĩ bạn đi gặp bác sĩ tâm lý có lẽ họ sẽ giúp bạn bớt ảo tưởng, bạn có chơi xa không?

Edited by Hauer Horatio (see edit history)

On 12/18/2020 at 10:01 AM, Alexander said:

Hi guys 🙂 

Let me give the good example and introduce myself!

My name is Alexander but everyone calls me Alex. I am 28 years old, I am into sailing, ski-ing, reading, writing, anime/LNs, games and cooking. I started playing a game called BattleDawn back in 2006 when I was 14 and was asked to help test SuperMechs by a BD Admin back before it was public and just kind of stuck around. I lead a team called NCR (New Corgi Revolution) in Battle Dawn with Josh (Malicewolf) and am a member of the Shiba Revolution in Super Mechs. 

I studied Software Engineering, but frankly I find most things interesting.

Some years ago I was hired by Ilona to be Community Manager (we talked a lot and she suggested I apply if I really want to improve BD/SM so much, so I did), she however didn't stick with the company after that so I had to kind of learn the job on the spot on my own. And take parts of her job (Product Manager) while at it. This went pretty well and I formed a pretty natural gear in the SM and BD teams, but when the SM Team grew it became harder and harder for me to feel like I was making a meaningful impact. I went to Michael (Tacticsoft CEO), told him to either give me something else to do or I'll have to walk away eventually. He asked me what I want to do then and I offered to take over Battle Dawn instead, which was orphaned without a manager and close to a shutdown.

I took it over, it went pretty well, Battle Dawn didn't get shut down, grew a lot. We recruited Josh and Elcent who are awesome human beings and eventually Michael passed me onto a guy who was buying the rights to make a Battle Dawn sequel. We got along and after spending a lot of time discussing with each other, we decided to buy Battle Dawn itself as well. I re-recruited Ilona to the team (sadly she left a while ago again :P) and re-recruited Simmen, Gato Games was born. 

We improved Battle Dawn's servers a lot, I got the title of CEO, we recruited Gaurav, Fluffeh and Kenny and eventually got a chance to buy Super Mechs... Which at the time we couldn't. Got another one and this time we could and did. 

So yeah, here we are and here I am. Please be nice to me. 😛 

Well, hallo @Alexander! I am a real fan of this game and a regular player.

I would definitelylike to ask: will you please allow an option to turn off the base update to all those who did?

I mean, it was really nice back then when we could buy any number of silver boxes we wanted with SM Coins...and heavily upgrade our mechs.....but now, everything sees doomed...

I request you to please change this system back to silver boxes...atleast give an one way option to go back to silverboxes and quit base again...

Or, do something extraordinary to bewilder us.

I am honoured to talk to you. And I hope you consider this.

OOSNSOO,

A 73-XP-Level Player.

Edited by OOSNSOO (see edit history)

35 minutes ago, OOSNSOO said:

Well, hallo @Alexander! I am a real fan of this game and a regular player.

I would definitelylike to ask: will you please allow an option to turn off the base update to all those who did?

I mean, it was really nice back then when we could buy any number of silver boxes we wanted with SM Coins...and heavily upgrade our mechs.....but now, everything sees doomed...

I request you to please change this system back to silver boxes...atleast give an one way option to go back to silverboxes and quit base again...

Or, do something extraordinary to bewilder us.

I am honoured to talk to you. And I hope you consider this.

OOSNSOO,

A 73-XP-Level Player.

Hello @OOSNSOO,

Please read the FAQ here, and your request will be fulfilled: https://community.supermechs.com/knowledgebase/faq/

Cheers,
Zylok

Legacy Messiah | Reign Forever | Rejoined March 2020

On 1/11/2021 at 5:43 PM, Fidelio said:

YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND

NOBODY UNDERSTANDS

AAAAAAAAAAAA

31 'Joker' Facts That Make The Movie Even More Interesting | Bored Panda

are u crazy or losing brain cells because thats like a mad guy are trying to talking with someone, and u need to go to mental hospital like @Neko said

19 hours ago, Fidelio said:

I don’t speak Spanish dude 

And thats vietnamese, thằng ngu

Hcaptcha scam

What is your perspective on game design and philosophy?  How do you see things?  What do you think is important about a game?

Do you know how to program?

Who originally programmed SM?

Who is currently programming SM?

And is any of SM related to Battle Mechs, the old flash game?  Because honestly the background music and sound effects sound identical to me.

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/449591

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html