What should you do when you fight against a counter

iSwarky

Question

Ah yes the counter pain. Nearly everyone hates them. Your mech is based on something and they completely use mods especially on the thing your mech is based on. But lets say you re 1 win avay from getting rank 1 for the first time but fighted against a counter. What should you do? (I can just sense someone typing "go cry in a corner and leave" lol)

A wise noob once said: energy weapons should get nerfed.

PS: The noob was me.

11 answers to this question

Go cry in a corner and leave.

Nah, all jokes! Honestly, it takes guts to know when the right time to not play is. If you're up against someone you know you can't fight, it's not a bad idea to just walk away. But the best thing YOU can do is to TRAIN your mech to counter these types of counters. Your mech should be built for the better or the worst. 

TRAIN. YOUR. MECH.

Edited by Ace
Spelling error. (see edit history)

14 minutes ago, Ace said:

Go cry in a corner and leave.

Nah, all jokes! Honestly, it takes guts to know when the right time to not play is. If you're up against someone you know you can't fight, it's not a bad idea to just walk away. But the best thing YOU can do is to TRAIN your mech to counter these types of counters. Your mech should be built for the better or the worst. 

TRAIN. YOUR. MECH.

I think this is the reason there is 2 important elements. Heat and Energy. You cant balance both of them at the same time. Even if you re using like QCB and OP. What counter is that lets say you made an energy build and your enemy is ONLY using energy mods. They have a very litte amount of heat but they have a lot of energy. Thats the counter type im talking about.

A wise noob once said: energy weapons should get nerfed.

PS: The noob was me.

12 hours ago, Berosanakoyar said:

I think this is the reason there is 2 important elements. Heat and Energy. You cant balance both of them at the same time. Even if you re using like QCB and OP. What counter is that lets say you made an energy build and your enemy is ONLY using energy mods. They have a very litte amount of heat but they have a lot of energy. Thats the counter type im talking about.

I disagree as you can balance them both especially as the new modules make that easier.

Heat hugger.png

On 4/11/2021 at 8:02 AM, trophy435 said:

just keep fighting

i always do even if there's a 99% chance of failure 😛 

heh. i fought a r5energy mech/counter with a heat counter that had 200 energy. i won because they were weak to heat 😄 but just barely won :V

Edited by MasterChief (see edit history)

One Mech to rule them all

Just now, MasterChief said:

heh. i fought a r9 energy mech/counter with a heat counter that had 200 energy. i won because they were weak to heat 😄 but just barely won :V

So they went for really high energy instead of energy free.

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime

1 minute ago, MasterChief said:

i barely killed their mech with mine. they had like, 60 cooling(because of my murmur) and 200 heat. i beat the sht outta them with about 50-60 hp left

I love bad counters.

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime