CleverName | Ask Me Anything

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Similar to the old forum, feel free to ask me anything. (I do reserve the right to not respond to some questions/give vague answers where applicable.) Some quick FAQs I usually get: Q: How much

Clevername, being a walmart employee, could you recommend us any hints or tips at the best methods of getting our own chance at a prestigious career at Walmart?

this hacker, obviously. (jokes aside, I have no idea...)

Posted Images

Clevername, I'm full F2P and need several specific legendary items on your current meta builds to get to meta heat or meta physical. In my experience, the premium boxes have about a 1 in 4 chance of dropping only epic items, and in the other 3/4 I usually get 1 legendary item and it's most often a legendary from an epic item which doesn't help.  Therefore, my mental math says the optimal way to spend the tokens is to wait and hope that one of the meta items will be offered in one of the dailies, and then spend it.  Wondered if you agreed with that.  Also, sometimes there are "hot" offers for some good meta items, and I wondered if you had a guess on the % drop rate for those.  I wonder sometimes how much to chase these when I don't have that many tokens and the first two boxes I open don't drop the item.

1 hour ago, Five said:

Clevername, I'm full F2P and need several specific legendary items on your current meta builds to get to meta heat or meta physical. In my experience, the premium boxes have about a 1 in 4 chance of dropping only epic items, and in the other 3/4 I usually get 1 legendary item and it's most often a legendary from an epic item which doesn't help.  Therefore, my mental math says the optimal way to spend the tokens is to wait and hope that one of the meta items will be offered in one of the dailies, and then spend it.  Wondered if you agreed with that.  Also, sometimes there are "hot" offers for some good meta items, and I wondered if you had a guess on the % drop rate for those.  I wonder sometimes how much to chase these when I don't have that many tokens and the first two boxes I open don't drop the item.

If you open a premium box, chance of L = 20%, chance of E = 80%. (my sample size is a couple thousand premium packs, which is x5 premium box)

Depends how far off you are from a meta build - if pretty close, maybe try your luck with premium packs (don't do boxes - they give you less for tokens); but if far away, I'd recommend saving tokens on portals and spending it to refill fuel for L drop chance from portal boxes. But if you have enough tokens/money to spare, but premium packs away. Note though that most good L-Ms have a drop rate of about 0.1%

oh wow i would rly love to 

but how could that be procecuted

clever name i would love free stuff like tokens or items 

15 minutes ago, CleverName said:

I used to do premium pack/box giveaways on YT, but stopped after new ownership of SM (plus I'm taking a break from YT atm anyways). But that's about it. Can I give you items/tokens? Nope

yes i would love to

16 minutes ago, Unsub 2nd acc said:

mr clever what enegry free weapons i should use?

whichever work best for you mech. you can use the meta guide if helpful for long-term mech building goals (usually these builds have 1-2 resist drainers with a distance shredder/ener or heat equivalent, and 1-2 range energy free weapon). You could also do some energy-free heat mechs too)

Edited by CleverName (see edit history)
On 3/4/2021 at 7:21 PM, CleverName said:

If you open a premium box, chance of L = 20%, chance of E = 80%. (my sample size is a couple thousand premium packs, which is x5 premium box)

Depends how far off you are from a meta build - if pretty close, maybe try your luck with premium packs (don't do boxes - they give you less for tokens); but if far away, I'd recommend saving tokens on portals and spending it to refill fuel for L drop chance from portal boxes. But if you have enough tokens/money to spare, but premium packs away. Note though that most good L-Ms have a drop rate of about 0.1%

Clevername, thank you for the consideration and reply. Just got lucky to get one of the meta items in an offer today 🙂.  So in a premium box, based on your large sample size, L = 20%, E = 80%.  Here's my next question -- let's say there is a "hot" offer next to a premium box which happens every now and again with an increased drop rate for an item.  Do you know what the drop rate is for that item?  Is it still L = 20% and E = 80%, but the new item is 50% if you get an L?  Hoping your large sample size can shed light on the percentages.

4 hours ago, Five said:

Clevername, thank you for the consideration and reply. Just got lucky to get one of the meta items in an offer today 🙂.  So in a premium box, based on your large sample size, L = 20%, E = 80%.  Here's my next question -- let's say there is a "hot" offer next to a premium box which happens every now and again with an increased drop rate for an item.  Do you know what the drop rate is for that item?  Is it still L = 20% and E = 80%, but the new item is 50% if you get an L?  Hoping your large sample size can shed light on the percentages.

Assuming you mean increased drop rate (ie. new item) - my guess is that it's x10-20 of normal drop rate. So for most items, usually you can get at least 1 within 5-10 packs.