Bot Improvements(and now some campaign stuff, yay!)

Spam

Should The Bot Be Improved?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Should The Bot Be Improved?

• Yes
    • Yes, but differently(reply the improvement)
    • No

The auto-play feature is currently only good for grinding in campian, so why not make it easier to do that?

When you decide to farm some coins or xp most people use the auto-play feature(I call it Jeff) but, the it has its pros and cons the main bad thing about it is that it has to be checked on every 2 or so minutes, and the ads. It would make farming levels easier if there was an option to set a certain amount of time to farm a certain level for sometime(there would be a time limit to prevent people from farming to long).

Also whenever I farm levels with Jeff(auto-play) I have noticed that when it has no weapons in range other than repulser it fire repulser which make sense but isn't helpful so if that could be fixed that would be nice. 

I know that currently Gato Games is focused on the SM sever right now, and I don't mind if this doesn't get implemented(which it probably won't) but this mostly just a suggestion, feel free to criticise or give suggestions on this. 

Edited by Spam (see edit history)

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime

Maybe instead of the time limit thing that i dont really get, Gato should add a 3x speed and 4x speed (this was also talked about somewhere on the last forum)

But of course, that still doesn't change the fact that i have to check on it every few minutes for ads and stuff, but might make it more efficient

Edited by Aftokrator_SM (see edit history)

Discord: Aftokrator#9688

DeviantArt: Azorsia05 User Profile | DeviantArt

Yeah, it would be helpful if autoplay was able to do multiple mission runs in one sitting rather than stopping at the end of each run and forcing the user to start it up again like a wind-up toy that keeps going until you look away from it to which then it decides to run out of power.

Though, this has been suggested a lot and most of the time, it was ignored... But I still hope that a multi-run feature gets added down the line, regardless of the amount of failed attempts to suggest the feature.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

2 minutes ago, rc said:

Regarding bot improvements, Tacticsoft hasn’t updated the AI since range specific drones have come out years ago. An upgrade to the AI is definitely needed.

Especially to the bot's management of heat and backfire... I've had moments where my mech had low HP but my bot went with my backfire weapon and didn't manage to kill the target and due to not having enough HP for the drone to fire, it got finished off.

An AI improvement is almost a must at this point and maybe the bots of campaign could start to use backfire items as well? Just a thought that I will definitely regret sharing but a thought no less.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

1 hour ago, Aftokrator_SM said:

Maybe instead of the time limit thing that i dont really get

The time limit is to keep players from using the feature for to long, what it does is it stops the missions from being run after a certain amount of time(this can be adjusted, but not increased passed a certain amount time, like 1 hour).

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

Stolen from @JamAnime

6 minutes ago, Dark conon mech said:

You know you can use an autoclicker right its not that hard to automate

ads

also how are you going to restart the mission?

1 hour ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

AI

I think calling it an AI is a stretch, mostly because it's a program that doesn't learn or improve itself at least that I know of. 

Stolen from @JamAnime

7 minutes ago, Spam said:

I think calling it an AI is a stretch, mostly because it's a program that doesn't learn or improve itself at least that I know of. 

It does kind of learn... It just learns how to teleport more ineffectively.

After actually looking at Jeff(autoplay) play it seems as if it prefers to use weapons that it hasn't already used which can be good but is usually bad, so I think that adding a place in game  where you could change what Jeff/autoplay goes after first and what weapon Jeff/autoplay uses most. Also making it aware of its heat would be nice. 

And teaching it how to teleport, although that might mean it would have to go to pilot school again...

Stolen from @JamAnime

Also making the Jeff/autoplay have AI would make it able to  adapt to certain players playing style and the information could be used to improve the overall performance of Jeff/autoplay. So what I'm saying is make Jeff/autoplay smart and make it easier to farm using autoplay.

Stolen from @JamAnime

Update: I've been doing some OD-8 grinds  with several build ideas... And well, with my standard build, my autopilot will always do Overcharged Rocket Battery + Burning Shower or Burning Shower + Magma Recoiler. It doesn't take backfire into consideration but it does take heat into consideration as it will stomp if its heat is on the verge of an auto cooldown but it will use a weapon after the stomp if it still has an action point left over, if the target's out of stomp range while the bot has 2+ range weapons, and won't regard heat levels when doing so.

For a "scope" build (Rock Polisher + Viking Hammer + 2x Repulser + Night Eagle + Falcon + Backstabber [Drone]), my autopilot would always use repulser or try to advance on the target to use Rock Polisher but it would also teleport in an attempt to use Falcon, so the AI is capable of making basic decisions and slightly more complex ones... But those decisions are semi-random by the looks of it as the autopilot would just use 2 repulser shots in one turn rather than try to scope or do a melee advance.

Yeah it seems like it doesn't know what weapon to use or how to manage heat and backfire

Also when it has the option to use a weapon and the weapons are both the same rarity it uses the weapon that it hasn't used as much instead of the higher level weapon.

Edit: When I started this topic I said that Jeff/auto pilot should be able to play the same level for any amount of time less than 1 hour long, but having a system like this is flawed as it might take 10-2 minutes to finish a level.

So instead it should be based on how many runs Jeff/autoplay can do, for example the limit of runs would be dependent on how much fuel you have and would stop after it can't go on anymore and the fuel would be taken at the beginning, so if you want to play OD-6 insane and you had 70 fuel the max you could farm it 10 time before Jeff/autoplay stops, after that you could restart the process if you had enough fuel.  

Post anything you want as long as it related to this topic or autoplay

Stolen from @JamAnime

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2021 at 2:51 PM, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

An AI improvement is almost a must at this point and maybe the bots of campaign could start to use backfire items as well? Just a thought that I will definitely regret sharing but a thought no less.

I just saw this after wondering what happened to this topic, but I think this is a good idea as long as it uses them without killing itself. But sm does need a little more than just bot improvement, the campaign story and campaign modes could use a buff and I saw an idea in the old forum about making side missions refresh every season and it seemed good as at the beginning of the game campaign is the main source of tokens and adding something like this is better for f2p's.

I was just on the forum minding my own business, then the Smoky Coal Bear ad plays out of nowhere, I went to the tab to investigate and found out that the campaign mission I started a hour or so ago wasn't finished. So maybe making it so that campaign missions go on even when you are another tabs would be nice, also when you mute the music and sound, it should mute the ads so people don't get a heart attack.

edit: it happened again, at this point I'm just giving them free money. 

Stolen from @JamAnime

• Spam changed the title to Bot Improvements(and now some campaign stuff, yay!)
20 minutes ago, Spam said:

I just saw this after wondering what happened to this topic, but I think this is a good idea as long as it uses them without killing itself. But sm does need a little more than just bot improvement, the campaign story and campaign modes could use a buff and I saw an idea in the old forum about making side missions refresh every season and it seemed good as at the beginning of the game campaign is the main source of tokens and adding something like this is better for f2p's.

I was just on the forum minding my own business, then the Smoky Coal Bear ad plays out of nowhere, I went to the tab to investigate and found out that the campaign mission I started a hour or so ago wasn't finished. So maybe making it so that campaign missions go on even when you are another tabs would be nice, also when you mute the music and sound, it should mute the ads so people don't get a heart attack.

edit: it happened again, at this point I'm just giving them free money. 

Here's a funny story that happened to me yesterday when I was doing some OD-8 farming.

I was on mobile at the time, using my physical mech because of how satisfying it is to see a mech burn through OD-8 with 300 damage crits... Then the one and only ad pops up (usually happens on the first battle of a play session and doesn't happen again). I watch the ad and close it, as always... Then I suddenly see my mech staring at the entrance gate of OD-8, not moving at all despite having autopilot on.

I tried pressing on everything but nothing got it to move, so I had to close the app then reopen it before the bot was back to normal. I'm not sure what happened but I think that the bot had an aneurysm over a simple set of coding in regards to positioning and movement on the mission map.

To this day, it still surprises me how these bots are capable of using complex backfire weapons but are also incapable of understanding movement patterns that they've been doing non-stop when on auto.

1 minute ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

Then I suddenly see my mech staring at the entrance gate of OD-8, not moving at all despite having autopilot on.

That happens on puffin to, but after a few seconds it starts moving again.

2 minutes ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

To this day, it still surprises me how these bots are capable of using complex backfire weapons but are also incapable of understanding movement patterns that they've been doing non-stop when on auto.

The ads are too sophisticated for the bot.

Stolen from @JamAnime

2 minutes ago, Spam said:

The ads are too sophisticated for the bot.

Oh- And my bot aced Madboy with only my heat mech... But it was because Madboy didn't know how to use Armor Annihilators, so he spammed Terror Cry and Night Eagle against an opponent with 43 physical resistance... To say the least, he was only doing 60 damage per shot.

Efficiency, am I right?

1 minute ago, Spam said:

Yes, but madboy is just testing you if he goes all out then the game will crash that's why his ai is so bad.

Ah yes.... Bigboy shows his full power just fine but Madboy pulls a Vegeta and taunts you instead.

Big Boys just mad his mom still says hes a small boy,thats why he named himself Big Boy 

Also, I looked at who was following this and saw that I was the last one to follow this, but I made it 🤔

Stolen from @JamAnime

Well, then you are also part of this, if you want you can type really long walls of text to explain to us what you want the bot to be improved upon. Or just say it simply in 1 sentence that's fine to.

Also here's your like I would give you if I could ❤️

Stolen from @JamAnime