About the gold portal rewards

STARWULPH

15 minutes ago, Turtle said:

And what is the logic behind not giving better rewards for completing hard difficulties?

Most games give a small incentive to attempt it on the hardest difficulty.

To allow worse players to progress faster, the incentive is still there, you get a first clear reward.

I literally pulled an MPV from r3 box, and from the other r3 box I opened, I puleld plat fortress, so its holy sry whiteout

I will make this clear.

1._ It is really good that this 20-30-40, since it is supposed that the more difficult the more rewards.

2._ Those who are against the opinion ask yourself, Is it really worth killing me for 30 tokens in insane, while in normal you receive almost the same rewards? Your opinion will be not obviously, since in normal you have almost the same.

3._ It is true that your mech may not be able to do the mission the first time, but that is motivation to upload it, so that when you relive that moment you will definitely achieve it.

Maybe you are more against my opinion or not, but believe me, nobody here wants to kill in a difficult way for receiving little reward, knowing that in an easier way you win the same, unless you are a masochist,

Electrick010®

16 minutes ago, Ad1tya said:

Its called GOLD PORTAL
I farm it for the gold rewards, 30-30-30/20-30-40
Both ultimately result in 90 tokens
I don't think there is any need to amend this, Let team Gato focus on much more important things

I agree, 20-30-40/30-30-30 give same result. The result are the same, but give bit advantage on experience player.

Noob newbie can't reach insane difficulty.

What the point?

1 minute ago, Energy Reaper said:

I agree, 20-30-40/30-30-30 give same result. The result are the same, but give bit advantage on experience player.

Noob newbie can't reach insane difficulty.

It doesn't matter
An experienced player is gonna farm all 3 difficulties 
rewards would be ultimately the same

Now that you said newbies cant reach insane difficulty, the original suggestion doesn't favor newbies, the current system does
I don't even understand why this topic was made in the first place ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

11 hours ago, Electrick010 said:

I will make this clear.

1._ It is really good that this 20-30-40, since it is supposed that the more difficult the more rewards.

2._ Those who are against the opinion ask yourself, Is it really worth killing me for 30 tokens in insane, while in normal you receive almost the same rewards? Your opinion will be not obviously, since in normal you have almost the same.

3._ It is true that your mech may not be able to do the mission the first time, but that is motivation to upload it, so that when you relive that moment you will definitely achieve it.

Maybe you are more against my opinion or not, but believe me, nobody here wants to kill in a difficult way for receiving little reward, knowing that in an easier way you win the same, unless you are a masochist,

Insane and hard already have better drop rates, for point 2, I would obviously answer yes, becaus eoverall I get the same amount of tokens (90), and I don't care if I get more before or after, whilst a newbie might, this topic is basically a tppic made to hinder newbies.

Since it is only first clear, it makes sense that they are the same. So for your last sentence, the point falls off, because even though I can't beat insane easily, by this I mean the AI can't, I still do it 1 time to get the reward.

I literally pulled an MPV from r3 box, and from the other r3 box I opened, I puleld plat fortress, so its holy sry whiteout

• 2 months later...

So it seems that this has actually become the new standard for rewards, staggered by difficulty.

(no recognition or credit for idea? ....)

And now it also seems that we have a meta-level to the gold portals,

There is a "easy" portal which any player can beat, there is a "hard" portal which is ...harder but has more rewards, and a "insane" portal that advanced players have a challenge with but provide huge rewards. 

In the thread @Alexander has closed there was mention of some goals set for the Insane gold portal which I think were accomplished well. 

And I think going forward continuing to rotate between meta-levels is the right way to go.

Each portal appeals to a different part of the player base, and that's a good plan.

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 6/4/2023 at 4:48 PM, STARWULPH said:

What happened to the gold portals?

I miss the fun...

I'm just wondering if any portals will appear.

I think I should rename myself to Immaculate, that would be a much better name, wouldn't it?

Scorpions are also very cool.