Is it a vicious cycle or a welcomed cycle?

SawzAll

What's your opinion?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Is buffing the same items over and over the only way to keep SM fresh?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe / I don't know
  2. 2. Could SM keep the game fresh by introducing new items or fresh ideas instead of buffing current items?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe / I don't know
  3. 3. Do you enjoy spending time upgrading items just to see other items get buffed, nerfing the item you were upgrading?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe / I don't know

Some people have proposed that the "only way" to keep this game "fresh" is to keep buffing different items so that the META keeps changing.

However, to me I feel like that's chaos.

So here's the question:

Do you think the only way to keep this game fresh is to (apparently) randomly decide to buff items?  Not just buffing items to be fairly powerful or equivalent to others (like fixing how energy is still the underdog) but randomly making certain items the best in their class?

Do you think the only way to keep this game fresh is to basically embark on a never ending vicious cycle of buffing?

Do you think (F2P players) your inventory can keep up with that?

Please vote how you see fit.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

I think that this poll is a tad biased. My last vote was just as a joke simply because the META fell into my lap. (MPV, platplat, mighty protecc) But I think that this actually doesn't currently matter. As of right now, the current goal is to just make sure that nothing is under or over-powered. Once that goal is reached, then we can talk about keeping the game fresh. Which is actually quite simple.

I can just recall some of my ideas (such as monthly L-M portal) and it's honestly that easy. It really isn't hard to keep the game fresh anyway. Players just need to be able to have a steady stream of different things that don't mess up everything they've worked for.

So this balance update wasn't the best. But is is the first big change since the Arena Shop update (which really wasn't that big) and it finally changed the game from just being a make-a-decent-monkey-build-and-be-R5+.

As long as players feel that their voices are heard, and that changes are being made at least every 3 months or so, then it'll be fine.

The community just has to overcome some item imbalances and then get things going.